Universal Battle Decks (by Chillingo Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Dan@Chillingo

Dan@Chillingo Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Sorted now. Shiny new graphical enhancements and FX await you.

2. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #22 LordGek, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    Actually I think they took a lead from Hearthstone in regard to deck assembly. A deck must be exactly 30 cards, no more than 2 dupes of any 1 card (and only 1 copy of legendary cards), and composed of cards from any 1 faction plus Mercs, this game's form of neutral/factionless cards (likely the majority of this game's unique cards).

They seem decently generous in booster pack earning with miltiple systems operating simultaneously. Other than the always welcome system of paying real money for packs (from the devs perspective, I mean), there are a gold and point systems for earning new packs. You gain gold via winning matches (a little from solo play and a lot more in mp), leveling up a faction (much like leveling a class in Hearthstone, which again, gives much more experience from mp than solo games), or, for the biggest payouts, completing daily quests. So far it seems safe to assume that if you complete 3 daily quests, you'll likely have enough cash for 1 booster but I'm not sure how quickly they recharge, likely only 1 a day if like Hearthstone, so, via gold alone you can probably earn a pack every other day. The other system at work is the point system. Each day you login gets you 1 point, every win in mp gets you 2 points, every solo win gets you 1 point, and each pack you buy with REAL money gets you 2 points. Every 12 points earns a pack. While not sure yet, I can only assume there will be some sort of limit upper placed how many points a day can be earned this way. Lastly, much like Hearthstone, a random card is earned with each level up of a faction (either a card of that faction or a Merc card appapently).

One of the game's novel mechanics comes via its Command Points. They work much as mana in Hearthstone, but are also needed to power unit attacks a movement as well (each attack or space moved costs 1 Command Point). While each unit can only attack once (there might be some special exceptions to this rule), they can move as far as you are willing to pay in Command Points! Command Points typically start at 5 or 6 (depending if you go first or not), and increment 1 point per turn just like Hearthstone until you hit 10, which means you can really field an army and attack 1st turn if so inclined.

3. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Sorry to double post but are we dueling live players online or the AI controlling their last saved decks?

I just wondered as my opponents always seem to play amazingly quick without the usual real life pauses to consider a move and more often than not I'm dueling against "Commander", a pretty generic bot name if ever there were one. :p

4. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Not sure what is happening with my game, but this is the third time system reset me, send me to tutorial and I get restarted on building decks. So new cards each time. Its starting really piss me off. Anyone experiencing this?

5. Volk13

Volk13 New Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 30, 2015
    Still have the issue after update and multiple reeboots. I have iPad Air 2 with latest update.

6. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    With today's update I too went through the tutorial all over again BUT it still remembered my current faction levels, gold, and card collection.

7. LOVE

LOVE Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Can we remove bubbles with ADs?

8. Dittsche

Dittsche Member

Dec 11, 2013
    #28 Dittsche, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    The Multiplayer is not working. It written after a while: connection lost. :(
    update: now I found a opponent really fast, but in the beginning of the first round comes the messages: connection lost
    I think there are some issues with the servers

9. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    I played one or two games with players with random names like ours. They felt real, the correct delay between playing cards, random mistakes etc. you know how it feels. Every game after that has clearly been against the ai.

10. Crazyboy423

Crazyboy423 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Studdent
    France
    #30 Crazyboy423, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    It's against live players. An opponent surrendered after a big mistake

11. Dan@Chillingo

Dan@Chillingo Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2012
  12. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Okay, Dan just confirmed it can be either.

13. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    It must have just been a hiccup from last night. Today I have been consistently matched against other players

14. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Lots of folk quitting out early. No complaints as I enjoy the easy wins, but many are dropping out only after 1-2 turns with my victory in NO WAY assured.

15. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    I got a couple of early quits. Ive also had a few games go down to the wire. Im cautiously impressed

16. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    @Snottv128
    With the new quest system assigning all quests at the same time with no possible rerolls, I'm curious. What are your current 3 quests?

I've got:

100: Deal 30 damage to enemy HQs.
    300: Play 20 Specials.
    500: Play 20 Grenadiers.

I do like how it appears cleverly rigged that you'll always get a light, medium, and heavy quest (100, 300, and 500) each day but just HOPE we don't all get the same ones as everybody else each day.

17. About Fun

About Fun Well-Known Member

We don't all get the same ones. Seems to be based on the progression & some randomness.

I have:

100: Deal 30 Damage to Enemy Units
    300: Win 4 Games
    500: Play 80 Unit Cards

18. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    A very minor oddity I've noticed. When you get a new cards via booster packs they show up with a little "new" marker when viewed in your collection (nothing odd there). On the other hand, when you earn a new card from leveling a faction, EVEN IF A NEW NEVER COLLECTED PREVIOUSLY CARD, there is now special marker on said card.

19. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    Ive had different quests. I dont remember what these ones were, but they were all straightforward like damage enemy base. The day before I had 2x damage enemy base, and deploy 20 grenadiers, which I didnt even come close to completing.

20. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    What deck are you guys playing? Im being matched up against a decent amount of the armour deck.

Im playing the cyborgen deck, even though I have the ultra rare officer for the spec ops deck.