Universal Battle Chasers: Nightwar (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 31, 2019.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #141 ste86uk, Apr 17, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    I met them once after the first dungeon and I died too, only time I have done so far. Haven’t met them again since, just at junktown but you made me sad I didn’t do a legendary yet so I’m half way through that 2nd dungeon on legendary now.

Are you trying Knolan at all?

2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk not yet. I read somewhere that the original trio is the best choice anyway, but I’m gonna at least try other characters. I already unlocked Knolan and Monika. Btw, I just recorded final fight with Junktown boss and before the final hit I got notification on screen from Discord which ruined the video and now I can’t post it because it’d look lame. I’m just pissed. I missed two book pages there, so I guess I should replay it anyway.

ste86uk likes this.
  3. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Page 10 of the game manual for mini map icon explanations including the exclamation marks.

ste86uk and macplash like this.
  4. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash I know it sucks I’ve done that second dungeon twice now and I look everywhere and I’ve still somehow missed pages! That sucks about the video though.

I seen people all saying that Monika, Alum or whoever and I forgot his name...the sword guy people seemed to like them the most saying you don’t need a tank like Gully until the game gets really hard.

I don’t know what I’ll do, I’ll just look at the skills and decide what fits my play style more. At the moment I prefer the team I have I’m not swapping anyone.

5. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    So far I was always stronger than any enemy, level-wise. After completing the Junktown dungeon, if I go to Rushlands (which I previously went through multiple times), suddenly there are random groups of enemies even 1 level above me. And I’m not talking about airship pirates whose scale their level to mine, but earth elementals and bats. Did I miss something? Why such a change and increase in difficulty all of a sudden?

—-

Attached Files:

6. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I’m not sure why, your probably higher than me now but scaling would be a good thing I’d think. My wife keeps moaning at me when I play for hours so I’ve had to limit it a bit

I started Junktown on legendary at level 12 but I’m thinking I may have to swap down to heroic, the fights are pretty tough with some units hitting for 250+ and AoE for 170 ish when my health is all around 5-600.

7. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #147 macplash, Apr 18, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    @ste86uk Junktown boss hits with 1500+ critical if you let him. So don’t.:)

and that’s my point in Rushlands now. Stupid bat hits with 400+? That’s why I’m confused what’s going on. Other enemies around are like level 3.

EDIT: well, made it through anyway to the Dig (4th Dungeon), but I guess I’m too early on level 13 as my difficulty options are Hard, Very Hard and Impossible. Any idea how to level up? I still can’t enter the Arena, I’m fishing regularly (got like 100 shadow coins from selling Jug-Jugs so far), all the side quests done. Replaying previous dungeons?

ste86uk likes this.
  8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash I can’t help you there buddy your further than me, did you do junktown on legendary?

But yes if you have done them all and can’t find anything on the map maybe it’s doing dungeons again? The tavern had a new sewers quest for me and the beast hunter woman trained me for the overdrive bar and had info on a hunt there too when I went back but I haven’t done it yet.

9. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk I completed Junktown on Heroic, previous two on Legendary, did the Sewers side quest with the slimes (that boss at 2000 hp was no joke, luckily with Monika I can hit critical around 700 atm), went to Arena and made it to 40BM only, so for now I’m just wandering around and fighting random enemies, and doing some fishing.

ste86uk likes this.
  10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash who did you take out to have Monika in? Sounds good about the rest, looking forward to getting further on the game. It’s so much game for your money it’s crazy.

11. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk I kicked out Gully for now. Red Monika has crazy skills combining evade and critical. She’s pretty much untouchable most of the time, so crazy.

My Dig dungeon difficulty went down to Average, Hard and Very Hard, so I’m tempted to go in. But at least on Heroic, so I’m still hesitant. Btw, I just finished second hunt: Trial by Fire - fighting Fire Lord R’zahl. It gives you opportunities to equip your weapons and armor with enchanted items. So cool to finally put all the junk I collected to some use.;)

ste86uk likes this.
  12. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash nice, I’m carrying so much crap around and yeh it would be nice to at least do heroic. I just finished Junktown and recruited her, off to do the sewers and that hunt you just did next.

I thought about swapping Gully for her but then I wonder when it does get hard and I need a tank won’t it be hard to level Gully up to use. But people did say Monika is one of the best dps wise some said her and some said the swordsman...keep forgetting his name.

macplash likes this.
  13. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk that’s a good point about Gully being under-leveled later in the game when needed, but I guess we’ll figure it out when it comes to that. I’m just trying Arena for now. The good thing is, even if you die, there’s no consequences. You just appear in front of the Arena again like before. With all the XP and potential rewards included. And it’s a nice way to practice different strategies. You can enter from level 9, so be sure you give it a try.

——

Attached Files:

14. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk if you’re through Junktown, did you find that Red guy? (sort of a side quest you start in that bar) - if you found him, go back to that bar and you’ll get nice revolver for Red Monika as a reward.

15. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash I had him in my legendary run that I swapped down to heroic but he wasn’t there in heroic. But I think events in dungeons can change as I’ve had different ones in the other when running more than once.

Feels like the game is getting tougher, even being level 13 fighting level 13 feels a lot harder than at lower levels taking much more damage and longer to kill.

16. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk well, it’s getting tougher, but it’s still manageable if you’re like a one level above the enemy. Unless it’s Airship Pirates ambush - in that case it’s too difficult. I wasn’t lucky enough to win even once so far.

But, I just went through the Dig on Heroic difficulty pretty smoothly. Could’ve go in on Legendary if I didn’t pussied out at last second.;) Anyway, if you wanna see Red Monika in action, check out my final fight with Cadaverous Mound. This game’s just getting better and better.

ste86uk likes this.
  17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash looks like your doing really well, I’m at the start of the mine now too but that’ll have to be tomorrow. Although at level 14 I can only do the basic, the heroic days hard or very bare I can’t remember. I didn’t try red yet I was going to stick with the tank even though she does look good.

I tried the arena too and got the weapon for the robot. What have you been doing for gear? My garrison still has a level 3 armour most are rubbish really.

18. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #158 macplash, Apr 19, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    @ste86uk I’m level 16 and everything I got equipped is level 13. Trying to buy recipes whenever possible. Either craft or buy new stuff. I upgraded Blacksmith 3 times so far. But the biggest thing just appeared at the guy who sells stuff for shadow coins. It’s the cannon for Bretto and I read it’s like the best weapon in the game and he can keep it all the way to the end. Check out the attached image, yay!:)

EDIT: this is the guide I’m following and it has some USEFUL information. Like the cannon I mentioned, it’s the point 10 there.
    —-

Attached Files:

ste86uk likes this.
  19. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash that’s very lucky finding a level 19 weapon there and it being the best one too. The overcharge per round and it’s attack sound great.

Your gear is well above mine then mines mostly crap still that’s way below my level, I’ll have to start focusing more on getting better gear as waiting for it to drop isn’t really working.

20. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk in 6th dungeon now, level 21 (going against enemies on 23-24). I won my first fight against Airship Pirates, btw - lol.. here’s my fight with 5th dungeon’s boss.. I need to take a break. I’m starting to get addicted to this game. Seriously.

ste86uk likes this.