Universal Battle Chasers: Nightwar (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 31, 2019.

1. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    #61 gmattergames, Aug 5, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    Are you able to craft in town by upgrading the shops?

EDIT: Nvm, just confirmed, 5k to upgrade the blacksmith with a forge; what’s the Blacksmith using? Why can’t I just pay him a per-piece usage fee? Why load the player up with tons of mats and make it such a hassle to use them? It almost feels like a freemium IAP-mechanic.

2. EmilianoDTH

EmilianoDTH Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2019
    Male
    Seriously, I still don't understand how Premium games devs are still releasing new games without Gamecenter sync for saving the progress. Terrible.

dlt0rre and ioso like this.
  3. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    One minor annoyance, and this isn’t a mobile issue, is that if you are going through a dungeon and quit, it remembers battles you already did and chests you opened but have to start navigating the dungeon from the beginning. Why can’t it just save the location you were at?

stubbieoz and andsoitgoes like this.
  4. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    *sniffle* I DoNt LiKe ThE CoLoRs oF tHe ApP IcOn" *sniffle*
    "IcLoUd SaViNgS PlOx oR GamE dOeS nOt Play"

smh......

gmattergames likes this.
  5. downgrad3r

downgrad3r Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Thanks for the tip regarding lower-level enemies! The devs promptly responded to my email inquiry (attached image) regarding at least one of your requests (iCloud) and another that a few others have mentioned (app icon nomenclature). The former has become a priority and the latter appears likely.

Attached Files:

ioso, L.Lawliet, skoptic and 3 others like this.
  6. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #66 stubbieoz, Aug 6, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    I’m replying to my own comment as I found a way to change the 6 taps on the power button to just 2.
    I apologise if this too much off topic but it may help some of you who have replied in this this thread regarding the Home Bar being a pain.
    It does rely on using Guided Access but changes the way you access and dismiss it. I am using an iPad so change accordingly for iPhones.

Settings/General/Accessibility/Guided Access
    Turn on Guided Access
    Tap on Passcode and enter a passcode. You can then choose to have Face ID or Touch ID. I chose Face.
    Settings/Control Centre/Customise Controls.
    Move Guided Access to Included section.

Play game or whatever.
    Now when you swipe down on the top right hand side of the screen the Guided Access icon will be there. To enter Guided Access just tap it. Wait a sec and a message will tell you it is on and the Home Bar is gone.
    To exit you have to tap the power button twice and either use Face ID or Touch ID to turn off Guided Access.
    This might at least save your power button from wearing out faster than it should. :D

downgrad3r likes this.
  7. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

another option is adding it to the assistive touch menu and leaving that on, too! Then you don’t ever need to worry about the home or power button to activate it, just to turn it off

8. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    I’m encountering some serious frame rate drops and crashing in junk town. During exploration and combat. iPhone8

9. chengchisang

chengchisang Well-Known Member

May 25, 2018
    I was teasing somebody and then another person replied. Nevermind. Well, I will put this on my wishlist cause my backlog is really big, oh Agent A finale is coming real soon.

10. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Only problem with that (and I could well be missing something) is you seem to be replacing the constant Home Bar with the constant Assistive Touch icon.
    But yes, that does eliminate using the power button totally :)

11. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    There was a couple of reviews in the App Store where they experienced crashes but I assumed they were related to the game not reading RAM properly, which was apparently addressed in the latest patch.
    Best try to contact the devs cause your phone should be fine running the game, I would hope. :(

12. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    As did I. Multiple crashes and instances of slowdown. Found that pausing the game would return game to normal for for a few seconds but ultimately required dropping to main and reloading. Hope to issue is limited to Junktown.

13. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

this is very true, but if you want you could always leave it off and just switch it on when you’re about to start a gaming session!

also just did a test:

If you’re wearing your Apple Watch, you’ll still get notifications with guided access on! This is excellent news for me!

14. ioso

ioso Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    In my opinion Apple shouldn’t approve universal apps without cloud sync anymore. This is a must have nowadays. I bought two great games in the last 2 weeks and both didn’t have cloud sync sadly (Battle Chasers and Hyper Light Drifter). I hope Dead Cells will have it

solarnya and stubbieoz like this.
  15. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    Encountering major frame rate drops in The Dig now as well. Not sure whats up with the dungeons but there seems to be some serious bugs still going on right now. The over world, and non-dungeon exploration areas never seem to have this issue, as I have not encountered this else where. Also, using crafting tables in dungeons after the frame rate drops causes a crash to home screen. Anyone know how to get this information to the devs.

16. downgrad3r

downgrad3r Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    [email protected]

pathogen541 and ioso like this.
  17. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    UPDATE: Got in touch with Handy Games about the Frame Drops and crashing, they already identified the issue (specific to 2gig devices) and are rolling out a patch soon. I believe it goes without saying, but Handy Games is proving to be a solid developer, responding quick to identified issues and being receptive to community input. A+

18. RisingOne

RisingOne Member

Jan 10, 2014
    This is a ridiculously good game with a lot more content than I thought it would have. I just hope they add controller support after iOS 13 comes out officially.

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    And it should be noted that the Junktown section plays buttery smooth on the iPhone XS and similar devices.

One question: does anybody know how to swap party members? I’ve got the whole crew now, but I haven’t figured out how to put the new characters into play. (I got a dialog box when I first found the wizard, but I declined.)

20. RisingOne

RisingOne Member

Jan 10, 2014
    This can be done at the inn. It is one of the options among chat, sell, etc.