Universal Battle Chasers: Nightwar (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 31, 2019.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @macplash don’t worry I definitely won’t give up on it because I was really enjoying it. I was going to say what will you move onto next but your right there’s so much and more coming soon with levelhead and kingdom two crowns next week isn’t it?

I seen a lot of good things about Alumon so I’m tempted to check him out more, Knolan I was hoping would be good because I love mages in RPG games but from what I seen and read he sounds a bit meh

macplash likes this.
  2. HG VAMPIRE

HG VAMPIRE Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    just for information it is 99ct for a very limited time on ios and android :) enjoy it!

CrayonWarrior and houseofg like this.
  3. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I don’t know why I do this to myself, I have tons of games I have yet to start or complete and instead I was drawn to start this all over again from the beginning!

It’s still as great as I remember it and I still highly recommend it to anyone remotely interested. It is one of my favourite games on iOS

sebgo likes this.
  4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Great call back. The same developers went on to make Ruined King with Riot, a game that I’ve been hoping they bring to iOS for a long time.

ste86uk and sebgo like this.
  5. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Although I'm not too fond of THQ-related games, this one got me back even after I "accidentally" deleted all my progress (I think I was slightly over 10 hours into it). I was like "oh, well, I'll give it another go later" and now I'm past my previous point in the story.

It stutters a bit, now and then, probably because I'm running it on an iPhone 8 and latest iOS version (as usual, Apple devices tend to start struggling a bit when they're running apps on latest available OS; although this one's not as bad as the iPhone 4 on iOS7, or the iPhone 3G on iOS4), but it's mostly playable, like 99% of the time.

I like the amount of available skills and their effects, loot, stats customization via AP, the ability to switch audio language to japanese (even though I find the english voice cast great, too), and the overall sense of achievement when exploring dungeons to their full extent and defeating enemies for bonus stats.

It's definitely a keeper until I beat it, I think. I'll try not to delete it again, or at least keep my data in case I need to free up some storage. I'm not really into cloud saves and last time I deleted the app instead of offloading it, that's why I lost my previous progress (lesson learnt).

ste86uk likes this.
  6. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    #186 anthony78, Feb 25, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2024
    Love the game but about 1/2 through the difficulty started to crush me. Always wondered if I should start over again and see if I could maybe make some choices that would push me through.

7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @squarezero I haven’t heard of that one, I’ll have to google it. But there are so many titles out there on things like switch and steam I wish would come to mobile and would be a great fit.

@anthony78 Good luck if you do give it another try, I do remember it getting harder later on in the game. But if it’s been a while your whole way of playing may be different this time since we change over time and you may find it more manageable or dare I say, enjoy trying to overcome the challenge. I remember Macplash was playing at the same time as me but he was doing much better than I was.

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Ruined King came out in 2021 on pretty much everything except mobile (I played it on Switch). It was one of the original Forge label League of Legends spinoff games. It plays very similarly to Battle Chasers — they’re clearly built on the same code base.

ste86uk likes this.
  9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @squarezero Ah yes I did see some LoL spinoff games coming out when I had my switch. It does look very similar indeed, you’d think it would be easier to port over looking similar but with a LoL skin.

squarezero likes this.