Crunchyroll Battle Chasers: Nightwar (by Airship Syndicate)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 31, 2019.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @macplash looks good with using Monika and looked tough at the start there.

Not bad for someone that doesn’t like tbs! Although if it was pure tbs without the RPG it wouldn’t be as addictive.

macplash likes this.
  2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk I realized I was seriously underpowered there and managed to raise my health by like a thousand points while leveling up between 19 to 20. Deadwatch was so far the most challenging, but I started on Hard and ended up on Easy because of so much XP earned from fights. The moment I figured out those Hangmen there (and they can one-hit kill the whole party), it got just easier. I also like Arena - getting better there. Just passed 600 battle marks there. But I still don’t have a good weapon for Monika - playing with some random green level 12 pistol all the time. Well, I hope I’ll get lucky soon.

How you doing? Last time you went for the The Dig, right? What’s your play time so far? If it wasn’t for you, I’d never tried this game. So don’t you dare quit on me now. We’re in this together!:)

ste86uk likes this.
  3. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash I’ve been dying to get on it all day but alas the world wishes me not to get time to play it today it seems. But don’t worry I’m definitely not quitting I look forward to playing it.

Yes I was still at the dig and I think I needed to level up one more time so I can do it on heroic rather than normal. I’m quite a few hours in I’m sure it’s like 19 hours, you were progressing way quicker than me but I do like to go everywhere and explore every inch along with re-doing the first two dungeons that didn’t earn me any exp again on the first one but I wanted the 1 lore I missed.

I think I was only up to about 60bm so nowhere near you yet! And I only had two hunts my level I did those and got Gully’s 3rd limit break I don’t think I can get anyone else’s yet, I’m not sure where Calibrettos is yet I don’t think I have the area to do it.

4. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Yeah, I’m done with Hunt events. Looks like there’s only 6 of them, unfortunately. Because they’re so much fun. They require some items from different places and it’s just cool to follow these. And rewards are good too.

74F4717E-E54F-4E4C-B3C3-D94D4549AD00.png

Well, I'm past 6th dungeon (Strongmont) which was kinda crazy. Final boss took like 6 attempts. I was level 22 (just like he) and he always managed to kill me in the end. So I always ended up with nothing. No XP, no items. After I leveled up to 23, and enchanted some items and whatnot, I somehow made it, but he's crazy strong. One hit and he left me to his minions and it's always their turn, so whatever health I had left, they managed to waste right after. I'm glad I'm past that. Btw, after that I played a little Arena, made it to level 25 and 1500+ BM.;) Anyway, here's that annoying fight:

ste86uk likes this.
  5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash damn I thought that’s a lot of health but doesn’t look so tough and then he exploded on you and summoned enemies. I really need that weapon you have for the healer though!

I’m nowhere near as strong as you are I’m still trying to get time to finish my first run on the dig!

macplash likes this.
  6. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk yes, that cannon is great, but you get even better one for completing the last hunt! I mean, it's not better per se - it's stronger (Alpha Cannon), but it lacks that enchant that gives you 10 overcharge each turn. It's kinda dealbreaker. You never run out of overcharge with that. Not to mention if you invest enough points to his skill tree, there are some sweet perks hidden there. I'm investing all my shadow coins to buy additional skill points. It's a game changer!

Btw, I unlocked possibility to forge Legendary weapons. Each character has one, lvl 27 I think, but getting all the items will be a pain. I'm closest to Garrison's sword, I'm lacking just ONE item, unfortunatelly the only way to get it is to finish the Arena on Elite difficulty with 3400 BM, so yeah... But I'll get there eventually.;)

ste86uk likes this.
  7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash yeh I mean more damage I keep thinking means higher healing power for him doesn’t it? But the extra overcharge is very powerful I’d find it hard to replace that.

I’ve thought of that with shadow coins but I guess I need to gear more at the minute since it vastly out powers mine!

I’ve done some enchanting but no forging as I can’t craft anything useful anyway. Where do you get more recipes from? It’s not something I’ve really bothered with yet.

8. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk buy recipes from everyone, especially Blacksmith. It’s a must, even for the materials necessary to crafting better stuff. I just crafted my first legendary weapon, the Calamity for Bretto.

BDA91D4B-0834-4072-A273-74ABC22A7E0A.png

And as you can see, it’s easily replaceable for the gun he has right now. Crazy increase in power, just crazy.

Shadow coins is a must. Definitely invest into fishing gear and fish as much as possible. There are fishing spot in dungeons as well. You exchange fish for shadow coins at Fishmonger.

And about skill points. It’s all about overcharge. I got Garrison set to spend 60 overcharge on one attack, plus increase critical etc and he basically right now can do around 8.000 critical with one hit. With lvl 21 weapon! His legendary sword (I’m missing just one material to craft it) will triple his current attack power. That’s ridiculous.

I just went through 7th dungeon like nothing, especially the final boss was lame - or was it Garrison’s attack? Check the video.. He pretty much one hit him after all the preparations, lol.

ste86uk likes this.
  9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash ooo that weapon looks amazing! Also that crit from Garrison is wow made that fight a piece of cake.

How much time do you have in now? I’m so sad I’m not finding the time to play more at the minute. It’s hard because I get a little time and jump on and play some through the dungeon but then when I have to go because of the wife or baby I have to remember where I was up to in the dungeon and find my way back.

10. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk yeah, it sucks if you leave the dungeon, you need to go all the way through even though without fighting. That’s why if I have to leave the dungeon, I’m doing that after unlocking the teleport, so it’s easy to come back where I left. But such planning doesn’t always work, especially if you have a baby. I understand. Yeah, I got 40 hours in so far. Crazy. I told you I’m getting addicted.

Little bit of a story at 3 AM yesterday. I forged my first Legendary - Calamity for Bretto. And I’ve been missing that one piece of material for Garrison (2nd highest reward in Arena for reaching 3200 BM while the highest is at 3400), so I decided to try the Arena, just for one attempt, at 3 AM. It’s 20 minutes, right? So, first time playing with that cannon after being used to get 10 overcharge each turn I depleted my mana in two waves! So I had to change my strategy and start using his gut punch more. And I made it! On my first attempt on Elite difficulty. 3572 BM!

0B8FC4D8-5954-40B0-AE67-BA338769D60A.png

Got all the rewards, including that one missing piece to forge the weapon for Garrison. So, I went all in to forge that, I mean, I had to, right?

6282B860-06B6-47CE-9F59-34881D33DC0E.png

So I forged it. Then went to mess with the skill points a little, so I could benefit from having a lot of overcharge and whatnot, basically making Garrison the heavy hitter as I was using him the whole time anyway. Long story short, I managed to get his Attack power from approximately 2000 to what you see in that screenshot below. I know, right?!

4AE815AC-05F3-45A8-8D0D-F833891B7627.png

Well, unfortunately it was almost 4 AM at this point so I didn’t have a chance to test it, but that’s the first thing I’m going to do after I finish this post. I just woke up btw, LOL. If I hit around 8000 with critical using 60 overcharge, what am I gonna hit now? I can’t wait to find out, yay!

So, a little bit of a story here. There’s still one dungeon ahead, so I’m looking forward to finish the story. Also I read somewhere if I fight 20 Airship pirates, I’m gonna meet with their captain in final fight, so I’m looking forward to it. So far I fought 6 those ships, and except for the first time, I always win despite them scaling to my level. So, yeah. Did I mention before how much I love this game?:) I’m sure I did, but yeah. It’s obvious, right?

ste86uk likes this.
  11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    That’s a lot of time and well worth the price of the game it’s like stealing. Plus there’s a new game + isn’t there? Sounded like your level resets but you keep your points and I can’t remember about gear?

Congrats on beating the arena and getting that weapon, no idea how you managed to boost his attack power that much just by changing some points around!

I must say I’ve noticed your addiction, the last two days where I haven’t been able to get in Battle Chasers much I’ve noticed the forums eerily devoid of your comments other than on here. But when your having fun your having fun why stop.

macplash likes this.
  12. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #172 macplash, Apr 21, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    @ste86uk I may have as well ruined the rest of the game for me. I mean, it’s no longer any challenge. I’m only about to unlock best perks in the skill tree for Garrison, but he’s already hitting so hard. I went through Arena pretty much just with him. Keeping Red Monika on full overcharge wasted each turn. Like where’s the fun in that? At 2:54 his regular Warblade hitting 13.600? Or annihilating those jokers at 4:15 with his Ultimate? Anyway, I hope the final dungeon and boss will offer some challenge, otherwise it’s like playing on very easy right now, literally.

ste86uk likes this.
  13. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash I hope it hasn’t ruined it for you but I understand you don’t want it too easy. But don’t forget it’s through all your hard work and tactical decisions in levelling up and spending your points along with crafting gear that have got you there. Otherwise you’d still be struggling and finding it harder if you hadn’t done so well.

macplash likes this.
  14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash like I just wiped to 3 spiders and then rage quit. Kept stunning me giving me hardly any turns.

macplash likes this.
  15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk lol, just hang in there. It’s gonna get better. Btw, I’ve spoken too soon about the game being easy. Not for the final boss obviously. I tried six time in a row, didn’t stand a chance. I mean, not a chance at all. And in the meantime I managed to get Garrison’s attack to 10.000. I guess I’m gonna need to replay few last dungeons for some Legendary equipment, if I’m lucky enough to get some. And two new Hunts appeared, so I guess I prefer those over the final boss for now.:)

ste86uk likes this.
  16. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash lol I guess that’s what you wanted but now you probably regret wanting it? I’m sure you’ll get there your doing amazing.

macplash likes this.
  17. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk so I think I’m done. I slayed that final boss like nothing eventually. I forged all Legendary weapons. Unlocked all enchantments, caught every existing fish and aside from shadow versions of 3 characters I didn’t play with (and hence didn’t fight against them), I met all the enemies. I finished all Hunts, found all books and read all lores. I did grind for Garrison’s skill tree to the point I unlocked both his branches to the max (200 skill points!), and I even killed Airship Pirate’s Captain (after defeating 20 ships), and replayed all the dungeons on Legendary. I managed to tweak Garrison so much that with all perks and skills correctly aligned he’s able to one-hit critical for over 100.000 damage and heal himself constantly so he’s pretty much immortal. Not to mention he can gain like 50-60 overcharge by one single action. So, yeah. I mean, LOL, right? The only thing left there for me is New Game+, but I guess I’m gonna pass for now. Progress is safely backed up on cloud, so I can return to it whenever I want eventually. According to my save file all that mentioned above took me 49.7 hours to accomplish. For 3,49€ on sale, on top of all that. Do I have to say more? Thanks @ste86uk for convincing me to give it a try as my very first turn-based combat JRPG experience. I’m eternally grateful.;)

ste86uk likes this.
  18. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Bought this in sale yesterday and just can’t get into it. It takes so long to do anything, and unlike say, The Greater Good, it doesn’t show me anything new while it does it. Every battle is half animations with no way to disable them.

Then again, I typically enjoy my JRPG systems emulated and 2x (at least) speed, so I can so how YMMV.

19. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @macplash damn well done! You certainly have achieved a lot there and yes that’s well worth your money for all of those hours of gameplay. I’m glad you enjoyed it so much and yeh I did read about Garrison being able to be amazing, a lot said red Monika but others said Garrison blows her away late game.

Edit: mines stuck on the backburner until I get longer stretches to play it I think I need at least an hour in one go.

macplash likes this.
  20. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk Monika has different role than Garrison. She’s a distraction, not a heavy hitter. I use her to attract all the attention to her. I got her leveled up to being able to evade pretty much every single attack. After two three rounds during the battle she’s literally untouchable. On top of that she got crazy high critical so she could punch if necessary. I got rid of Gully the moment I unlocked Red Monika. Gully is there for defense and shields. Which is pointless with Monika. She doesn’t need that.

I might try to play Knolan and Alumon because I didn’t try neither of those, not even for a second. So I’m wondering what are their strengths. But I’ll leave it for later. A lot of new games to play. A lot already purchased only waiting (like Orwell), not to mention the next week‘s Levelhead arrival, which will consume all my iOS gaming time from the moment it downloads on my device.

Anyway, I really hope you won’t give up on this game and you find enough time to enjoy it to the fullest, just like I did. It’s obviously worth it.

ste86uk likes this.