Battle Bears -1 vs. Puppet War:FPS

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jjjmedia, Sep 8, 2010.

1. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Which one is more fun, has better replay value? The Puppet War lite was just ok to me, but BB doesn't have a lite yet.

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    BB-1

Puppet War was actually better than I was expecting (a lot less flat than the screenshots make it out to be) but was more repetitive/dull than BattleBears -1 in my opinion. BB-1 just has more of a chaotic zest to it that makes it more fun for me. (And has had some major content updates recently...)

3. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I have Puppet Wars and I think it's awesome, but once you unlock the weapons and get to like level 50 it starts getting repetitive and and a bit boring.

4. silentcorp

silentcorp Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Both are great, but for me the controls are what makes a FPS good on the iDevices, and Puppet Wars seems to have a tighter feel to them for me personally.

My fave on the App Store is Archetype though, that game is still my #1 most played app!

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yeah forgot to mention that, Puppet War's controls are really tight. One of the best controls for an FPS on the app store

6. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    I think they're about equal...I'd have to give it to Battlebears though for being universal...playing it natively on the Big screen with the iPad is awesome.

7. Lt. Action

Lt. Action Well-Known Member

I think the vote has to go to uhm... uh Battle Bears? I think i say so because it's such a sweet, wicked-awesome shooter that has been having some AMAZING content updates and is on its way to release an update SO EPIC it's almost as if I, the Lieutenant himself, had something to do with the totally slick, rad-as-hell improvements and additions.

Of course, we all know that would be too good to be true, I merely say so to make a point.

The game is like nothing else on the app store right now, its development team is comprised of some of the sexiest mofo's on the face of the Earf, SkyVu listens intently to its fans and gives back the love it receives ten fold. I even hear that SkyVu is planning to put out a lite version of Battle Bears -1 in response to the demand by the aforementioned fans.

You know, not that I'm bias or anything. I've not played Puppet Wars, but I'm sure it's a dandy app. But BATTLE BEARS, boy, don't even get me started.

It's truly an amazing game <3