iPhone Battle Academy by slitherine Ltd.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Werechihuahua, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    There some BA 2 gameplay videos on YouTube
    I suspect BA 2 to be coming out soon for PC but when's the iPad version coming?

2. PipFromSlitherine

PipFromSlitherine Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2012
    The PC version is coming out on September 12th. The OSX version probably a few weeks after that, then iPad following up as swiftly as I can get it finalised :) Lots of cool stuff in the new engine iteration!

Cheers

Pip

3. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    Yay!

Outstanding news, Pip! Thanks again for all the hard work! Really looking forward to it!

4. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Fantastic BA 2 on PC is near and really excited for the news features and units

5. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Battle Academy 2 is out on Ipad now

6. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    #726 Twenty One, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    I am pumped! I really hope the multiplayer is much improved and more "user-friendly"...

7. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Any chance of iPhone?

8. PipFromSlitherine

Mar 15, 2012
    We don't think the UI would work all that well on iPhone - too much detail to really fit it all in.

Cheers

Pip

9. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    I seem to have lost my purchases of the expansions? When I go to click buy them again I enter my password but then it comes up with do you want to pay and not this is free because you already bought it? I know I bought atleast three of the extra packs tho? Anyone else having issues. I've only just noticed as I haven't played this in a while and thought I'd pick it back up.

10. PipFromSlitherine

Mar 15, 2012
    You definitely will not be charged again for IAP purchases provided you are logged in under the same Apple ID as your original purchase. I would suggest just completing the transaction (IIRC different iOS versions give different messages which is less helpful!).

Cheers

Pip

11. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Yeah the only trouble is I can't remember which three packs I bought and I don't want to accidently buy the other packs while trying to restore my purchases. Hmmmm guess I'll have to wait until I've not got enough I tunes credit and the. Try them all. Thanks for the reply tho.

12. PipFromSlitherine

Mar 15, 2012
    Ah - I see! Perhaps check back through your Apple account email for the receipts? Sorry I can't help more!

Cheers

Pip

13. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Price drop - £3.99 UK down from £14.99.

14. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Wish this would come to iPhone

15. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    You know that they will never Update their Apps to 64 Bit? So anybody should know, their "Premium Games" will not run with iOS 11 ... so with no iDevice from september on ...

16. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    And in other news Templar Battleforce continues to get updates many months after it's release.

I know which Dev I'd rather throw my money at.

17. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    +1!!!

They even make no updates for Unity Games like Qvadriga, because they sold not that many copies ... :mad:

I will never spend one Euro for a game which has something to do with Slitherine!

18. PipFromSlitherine

Mar 15, 2012
    We've answered the iOS11 issue over on our forums, but fundamentally it would mean rewriting the internals of the game, then testing all the (cross-platform) multiplayer for dozens of SKUs. All because Apple want to force people to update their hardware.

I think it is also worth noting that BA released in 2012. So we are not talking about updates 'months' after release.

We really do appreciate how frustrating it is to lose these games. Please remember that these all run happily on all Apple HW, the only change has been iOS.

Cheers

Pip

19. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    That's really unfair. There are big advantages from not having to support arbitrarily old APIs. Trying to maintain too much backward compatibility was a big problem for Microsoft Windows over the years. The cost of losing some five year old apps is less than the benefit. I'm not faulting you for not making the updates, but the fact that the update is not so easy for you illustrates why supporting the old apps indefinitely is not so easy for Apple.

20. PipFromSlitherine

Mar 15, 2012
    It would be a more compelling argument if iOS10 (e.g.) didn't already do it. Is it work to maintain a 32bit compat layer? Of course, a not inconsiderable amount either. But pretty much every prior OS has decided that backward compatibility is a good thing, Apple have not, which is fine. I guess the thing that galls most is that they literally put a message in the OS blaming developers. So effectively to save Apple money and time, they throw developers (who, let's remember, have to pay for each year they want to submit and update apps - not a big deal for us but certainly for smaller devs) under the bus for not wanting to spend their time/money.

Your comment is fair, balanced, and considered. Many comments we have had directed to us have been less so...

Cheers

Pip