Universal Batman - The Telltale Series [Season finale now available!]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Sep 21, 2016.

1. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    I don't call a TellTale As game, It is just a 3D Comic Book nothing else. That's why i don't want to pay.

2. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    how are the load times on episode 2? 1 were pretty bad.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    New update just hit. Seems to have fixed all the graphic issue on the iPhone 7 -- shadows are smooth, type is sharp, and the frame rate seems more consistent. I could be wrong, but load times seem a bit faster.

4. chrisb3

chrisb3 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Episode 3 is now available for download!

5. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Fine purchased the whole pack cause it looks fine on my iPad pro 12.9" and MFi support.

6. Guls

Guls Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 14, 2012
    Started playing Episode 1 as it seemed really interesting but the lag and insane load times on iPad Air 2 just stopped me. Ever since I've been trying it again after every update but it didn't seem to change anything.

Such a shame. I've played several other Telltale series on iPad without issue, and Batman doesn't look any better than Tales from the Borderlands (probably worse in my opinion), so I don't see the tradeoff.

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Hey guys, episode 4's been out for a couple of days now. Totally forgot about it. Downloading now.

8. akuma_raven

akuma_raven Member

Nov 25, 2016
    same here and i am going to play it in a couple of minutes :D

9. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Can anyone confirm if any scenes have been cut like what happened with episode 1?

Thanks!

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yep guys...while the world goes insane waiting for a certain plumber, we might as well finish off Telltale's Batman. :p Episode 5 is out!

11. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I stopped playing after the long load times in the first episode in hopes they'd update & clean it up. It doesn't seem like they've done that & there isn't a ton of action here. So I'm curious how this plays for those who have played more than a few episodes. I'd like to play it but would rather spend my time on other games if there are issues.
    Thanks!

12. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    #52 ramzarules, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    Did they ever fix the lag and blurry textures i see in youtube videos? There's an update note that says they did on october 26, but since then several members here said they didn't actually do anything. More specifically, how would it be on a 6s+ ? Anyone has it?

EDIT: NVM, the bundles came out for PS4 also almost at same price. Will be getting them there to be sure.

13. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Playing on iPad Pro 9.7 on 9.3.3 and this game has a weird texture thing where it's just mostly black. Like a blanket shadow that hides most of everything. Graphics are sharp but I can't see what's going on in the screen. Anyone else have this issue?

14. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Do I purchase this, tales of borderland or wolf among us

I got the season 1 and 2 of walking dead in the sale for £3.99 and £2.99 for the whole series episodes.
    I like look of borderlands, but the graphics are low res with jagged edges.... is there a fix for this?
    I'm sure walking dead games was same, but they are fine now

15. t3chnoboy

t3chnoboy Active Member

Aug 7, 2014
    It went free i just downloaded it of course just the first episode but still better than nothing

16. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    The new update improved the visuals in a big way (on my iPhone 6, at least, the improvements are plain). I'm guessing Telltale had more time to refine the engine, in advance of the release of the first episode of Season 2 later this month.

17. fring

fring Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 26, 2017
    USA
    Yeah, everything in the game looks massively better. This makes me much more excited for season two. I think I'll finally get around to finishing this game. I can't comment on performance improvements, though, since I'm playing on one of the new iPad pros (and it was already running smoothly on the device before the update).

18. baconcow

baconcow Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2017
    This thread is tagged iPhone, but is this not a universal app?

19. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    It is universal, that’s just the ol’ Forum bug. Wow! This looks sooo much better with the latest update, it was low res before and put me off a bit. It’s now nice and crisp on my 12.9.... awesome!