Universal Batman - The Telltale Series [Season finale now available!]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Sep 21, 2016.

1. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Telltale games are great at storytelling but I do wish they were a bit longer per episode.I finished the first episode in like less than 2 hours.I would like them to be at least 3 hours of gameplay,if they want to raise the price a little-no problem but less than 2 hours..eh..

2. himuradrew

himuradrew Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Anyone noticed very long load times and slightly blurry textures on an iPhone6/6+?

Using an iPhone 6 Plus with iOS10 and I noticed that the textures are blurry and there is some shimmering. And the load times are quite long.

This is actually my first Telltale game - do the previous ones exhibit the same problems?

3. masteroftheuniverse12

Aug 31, 2016
    Is episode 2 out on the ios version?

4. nanadivara

nanadivara New Member

Jul 8, 2015
    #24 nanadivara, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
    Me... but I thought that's because I'm pushing it on a 5s. Sadly this is borderline unplayable on my 5s. It's blurry, laggy and has crashed on me for quite a few times. Would like to know how others with 5s fare though because Appstore still lists it in compatible devices.

By the way, no, I don't think the previous ones exhibit the same problems. Tales from Borderlands runs well on my phone. It heats up pretty badly but the graphic and gameplay are smooth.

5. Daerricx

Daerricx Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Any ETA of episode 2?

6. oaklandm

oaklandm New Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Yep I'm getting the same on my 6 Plus, gameplay can be a bit jerky at times too. Disappointed

7. Zhang Doe

Zhang Doe Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Maybe check YouTube for gameplay videos to see how challenging the swipes and such are. If you have played other games by TT, probably quite similar.

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Were you taking a chance with the game or did you not notice the warning at the top of the app description? Honest question...not being condescending or anything.

9. moms pubis

moms pubis Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Looks absolutely horrible on my 7 Plus. Tales from the Borderlands also looks like this, but The Wolf Among Us looks pretty good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm seeking a refund from Apple. There's no excuse for this, especially when the App Store screenshots look crisp and detailed. Shameful.

10. nanadivara

nanadivara New Member

Jul 8, 2015
    Sure I did. Then I scrolled down and noticed "Compatible with iPhone 5s" on the Compatibility list. I've honestly been waiting for this so I took a chance with it haha I guess it's my bad..

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It looks nothing like that on SE. Quite the contrary really...there are a few moments where the game looks console quality. Stunning.

Gotta say, the reviews for the first two episodes haven't all been great and I get that the ground being covered in episode 1 is BEYOND overdone in the world of Batman, but I feel like the pros far outweigh the cons. For the first time in a Telltale game (trust me, I've played them all) the QTEs feel like they have a purpose and the investigation bits and pieces, no matter how light, actually make this feel more like a game than an interactive movie. With all of the older Telltale games, as soon as we're given the freedom to move, I've groaned. This time 'round, I couldn't help but wish there was more of it.

My gaming time has been cut so significantly due to real life (and you'll notice I'm not posting as much and/or buying everything under the sun anymore), but I can't wait for episode 2 to come to mobile.

12. endem

endem Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Terrible loading times, quirky graphics and inconsistent frame rate

This is my experience on the iPad Air 2. I really wanted it to be great, but at this point I feel sorry for buying the game. It feels like a bad port.

From a gameplay standpoint I'm having a real hard time discerning if I made a move in time or not; probably because the frame rate drops during battle scenes.

13. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    I am playing this game on my ipad mini 2 and it runs fine. Some of my swipes do not seem to register - but I am honestly not sure if it is the game or because I may not be swiping at the exact place on the screen I need to.

One thing I found really disappointing is that the ios version is missing several minor cutscenes with Alfred that help set the mood when you are fighting the bad guys and Catwoman (ie. about four scenes that flashforward to Bruce and Alfred getting ready for their guests). I bought episode one on my Ps3 and played the first 1/2 hour to hour on each system.

If I had not played any on the Ps3, I wouldn't even have known or noticed anything was missing on the ios version - but knowing these scenes are in the console versions, I am disappointed due to missing out on them. Makes me also wonder if anything is cut from other ios/mobile versions of their games.

14. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    New patch is up on appstore

15. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
  16. himuradrew

himuradrew Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Not sure if it got rid of the graphic issues, but after a quick test at the office I can confirm that the patch did not inprove load times on my 6+.

17. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #37 redribbon, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    can you confirm this? if that is the case then ill stop buying the next episodes on ios since it doesnt make sense to cut the story. already buy season pass, ill request a refund from apple then. love the game, i can tolerate the watered down graphics but not the story(even a minor one). give them a 5stars for the first episode.

18. chrisb3

chrisb3 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Episode 2 is now available in iOS.

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Undecided about how I feel with Episode 2, compared to the enthusiasm I had coming into it after the first episode. The events at the end (based on my choices) were awesome, but the whole episode kinda feels uneventful and is perhaps just there to get the ball rolling in the coming episodes. I guess where it succeeds is that I'm now super stoked for Episode 3? Hah.

20. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    I'm playing on XB1. I'm about halfway through Ep 2. So far I'm loving it as much as Ep 1. It's still the best Tell Tale game to me.