Universal Batman Arkham City Lockdown - (by Warner Bros.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Dec 7, 2011.

1. LuckyLuke88

LuckyLuke88 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2011
    +1

this is what i thinking!

2. Soulja

Soulja Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Thanks Sanuku you have made my choice for me....... Not gonna get it maybe Lego batman will come to IOS one day

3. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Me too. Can't believe there's no exploration at all. Would have been cool to glide all around an open city.

Hell, I'd have gone for some sidescrolling action, as the trailer seemed to hint. But instead they played it safe with some Infinity Blade rip.

4. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Then the best thing to do would be to gift a copy of this game to ALL your friends here! Merry Christmas! Think how good you'd feel!

5. Kharma

Kharma Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    lol! :p merry christmas!! ;)

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I think IB2 is not repetitive, but that looks to be... Shame on you WB, you've published so many good games(Scribblenauts, HP etc.) and now you come up with another Blood & Glory :p

Edit: Actually, Blood & Glory even looks better than this.

7. Sanjūrō

Sanjūrō Member

Dec 7, 2011
    I was excited for this, but I am definitely skipping it based on the gameplay. No exploration, stealth, use of the environment? That's not Batman to me. Looks like its just a fighter on rails, and not even a very good one. Oh well. I'm sure its going to sell quite a few copies anyway.

8. kyoukusanagi

kyoukusanagi Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    HOLY SHITE look at those damn beautiful graphics

9. dark1x

dark1x Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Yes, it would have been awesome, but there's no way they could have pulled off the same large environment as Arkham City or even anything close with UE3 on iOS. The hardware just isn't powerful enough.

I do think they could have done a LOT better without duplicating Infinity Blade, though.

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    This game is a perfect subject for the iOS vs consoles thread. It looks beautiful, it quite possibly plays incredibly well, but sat next to Arkham City...

11. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    Its Batman with IB flavor? I'm still in. I think the gameplay will be even better once you start upgrading and unlocking his tools giving you more options to take down the baddies. Plus I wasn't let down with any of the other WB games so far.

12. Simon Potticary

Simon Potticary Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Writer
    East London
    #112 Simon Potticary, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
    I almost wet my pants when I saw this on the TA new games list this morning. That fact that WB gave us the excellent Lego HP and Scribblenauts had me particularly psyched and I was over the moan. But then, outta thin air, came a real life superhero, "Trailer-Man" showed me the truth and saved me five of my hard earned English pounds ($6.99).

Thank you Sanuku, you're my hero!!

I'm a massive fan of Infinity Blade II, but other than the Caped Crusader, this latest WB offering looks inferior in just about every conceivable way.

Gutted. Properly gutted.

13. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
  14. robertgarcia

robertgarcia Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I'll probably get it too anyway. Fighting games are the only games I really enjoy anyhow (well, and retro games also).

15. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    A whole lot of complaining by folks who haven't played it. Perhaps it isn't what you had hoped. Ok. Good enough, there are plenty of other games out there. Personally, I'm stoked to have a game using assets from a game I love on my Xbox, even if it uses a mechanic from IB. I happen to love IB. I'm glad that WB paid to use the same engine used in the console game even if it necessarily produced a scaled-down experience for MY PHONE.

16. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

I agree, well said. If you get it, I'd love to hear what your impressions of the game are. To me, IB is a great game and this looks good as well.

17. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    +2:)

18. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

The thing is, it is like IB, but at the same time it isn't.

What we mean by "It's like IB", is that it's on rails and there are fights where you have to swipe arround.
    What I mean by "It isn't like IB", is that the whole swiping stuff in combat is different (It's hard to explain, but it just isn't the same).

19. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    What's wrong with complaining? You just highlighted the flaws and they're perfectly good reasons for not wanting the game. It's not what we'd hoped, there are plenty of other games out there, it uses assets from a game people love (but little else), and it's a scaled down experience... not just from Arkham City, but also from Infinity Blade, the game it appears to be cloning.

If ever there was a valid set of reasons for passing on a game, these are most of them. Rocksteady blew the console gaming crowd away this year, and now they're cashing in on the mobile market with a cheap throwaway title which aims to ride on the better games success.

20. Sun Vulcan

Sun Vulcan Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2011
    Same idea, but different execution.