Universal Bastion (by Supergiant Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Agas, Aug 29, 2012.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Looks like iPad and pc are identical on graphics here

2. Uberskooper

Uberskooper Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2012
    I'm not an expert, but I don't think the iPhone has the processing power to handle this game. I could be wrong though.

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    The 4s is more powerful than the iPad 2. The only reason it isn't seeing the game is because of the screen size.

4. John Hiboy

John Hiboy New Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I wonder if it will work on the first Ipad ... Does anyone know ?

5. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    This mirrors how I felt about Lost Cities being available only for the iPhone...but I digress...

6. Scape3d

Scape3d Member

May 8, 2012
    I'm guessing the screen size is the only reason why this is being released as iPad-only. For some reason, while smaller, I still think it'd work well on the iPhone. I'd love to hear from any app developers on this forum regarding this or even better, any developers from Bastion itself!

7. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

If it's a full port, then yes it has much more to do. First of all, there is multiple endings. After that, there is a New Game + mode with additional skills to be found. Also, all missions may be replayed with modifiers to increase the difficulty (and rewards) in various ways. And yes, there is some lengthy challenge/endless maps.

Did I mention there is several unique weapons each with multiple upgrade paths and skills to suit your play style?

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #68 JBRUU, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
    Sorry no. It says so in the FAQ and the AppStore description. Gaming with the original iPad is a recipe for a poor framerate anyway, unfortunately. Apple really should've given it 512 my of RAM instead of the measly 256, then it would've held its own much better.

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    It's a full port plus some DLC:

"Bastion for iPad includes the Stranger’s Dream sequence, which was not in the original releases of Bastion for Xbox 360 or PC but later released as a downloadable extra. The visuals are updated to look best on this platform, there are a couple of new lines of narration relating to some minor gameplay changes, and numerous little fixes, as well as rebalanced Proving Grounds for all the different weapons. Further, we converted the “No-Sweat Mode” added to previous versions into an Infinite Lives toggle setting, for less experienced players who might be enjoying the story but having a tough time with some of the encounters. On the other hand, experienced players can still engage the Shrine system for some very challenging and fast-paced battles. On the whole, though, the content of the game will be similar to what you remember if you’ve played previous versions. That said, the experience of playing should feel quite fresh on this platform if our playtesters’ feedback is any indication. Also, all of the game’s menu screens are re-created from scratch for this version, so they have a different look and feel."

(from their FAQ)

10. MisterOwl

MisterOwl New Member

Aug 10, 2012
    I really don't even care if the screen makes a difference, please for the love of god make this iPhone compatible. I know nothing of programming or how ports work, I just wanna play this game incredibly bad since I missed out on xbla and my netbook couldn't run it :/

11. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    I emailed super giant the second I saw the news about this game about an iPhone port and they said they haven't ruled it out. From a developers stand point, all the image resizing could take a couple months so I wouldnt get too excited with this coming soon.

12. Raptor25

Raptor25 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    #72 Raptor25, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
    I really hope this has cloud saving, I am getting increasingly tired of losing saves on large games that I eventually have to delete for space but would like to be able to come back to.

Though it would probably mentioned if it did.

13. MisterOwl

MisterOwl New Member

Aug 10, 2012
    You. I ####ing love you. Thank you for doing that. After watching the TA Plays video I MUST get this.

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Use ifile or I explorer to back up your saves.

15. picoro

picoro Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    i try later on my 4s.i think will work like others ipad games not supported iphone screen.

like Aquaria,Machinarium etc.

16. kendahlj

kendahlj Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    What kind of game is this?

17. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Really excited for this to release.

I was hoping the devs would pull a Pixar and keep the 16:9 aspect and simply add more to the top and bottom to fill in the black bar areas but from the screens it looks fantastic either way.

18. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
  19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    My first ipad only title. Oh wait... no 3rd. LOL

20. Scape3d

Scape3d Member

May 8, 2012
    You're awesome! Thanks so much for doing that. Hopefully they'll work on an iPhone port.