Universal Bastion (by Supergiant Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Agas, Aug 29, 2012.

1. BTNLegend

BTNLegend Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Canada
    It's games like this and The World Ends with You that I am beginning to absolutely LOATHE being an iPod Touch owner. Why didn't I just purchase an iPad? -_-

This game's premise sounds so good and from the gameplay video on the front page of this site, I have to say I'm deeply engaged with the world. It really looks like a title I'd have a blast playing. I envy you all so much.

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

A Great Soundtrack + Fantasy-Action-Adventure-Jump'n'Run

It`s one of those Games where the Soundtrack is even better then the Gameplay itself while the Gameplay is already Top Notch!

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Thanks for the gameplay Sanuku

4. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Just...wow. 11 am EST can't come around fast enough...

5. iamthekiller

iamthekiller Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    I'm delighted that more and more developers are porting quality games to iOS. I got Walking Mars and Eufloria while on sale that I haven't yet played, so I'm probably going to wait for a price drop before getting Bastion.

6. mcorleonep

mcorleonep Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Ha! I'm definitely downloading this. I've been thinking about downloading this for awhile on the XBox but the convenience of kicking back with the ol' iPad on the couch and the price makes this more appealing. Square/Enix can kiss my @$$ since i was considering "The World Ends with You" or whatever for $20 but now that I heard about this.....:D

7. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Out in Europe (Italy at least).
    Downloading.

8. Pal Van Marrsterhausen

Pal Van Marrsterhausen Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Out in U.K now too!

9. johannaffendy

johannaffendy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    "Your request could not be completed." Still not available in Malaysia! :(

10. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    It's published by Warner Bros -- it will not be available in some countries. I know whenever I want to buy a game from Warner Bros brand, I have to switch to the US store to get it.

11. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Hmm, I might have to jump in then, thanks SM!

12. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Played this on the 360, wanted to like it but just couldn't really get into it in the end. Strange as it may seem, the voiceover narrating all but ruined the whole experience for me. The guy sounds like some kind of "old west gunslinger" type, which I found fairly inexplicable and largely annoying. I'm playing a classic looking RPG, not a Western. Inappropriatsville. Every time the guy spoke it broke any immersion.

That said, the game itself in terms of effort, production values, etc. is head and shoulders above 95% of typical iOS fare, and at the price strikes me as being terrific value.

13. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Anyone know how smoothly the environment scrolls? Looks a little jerky in the vid compared to the PC version.

14. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Smooth as butter for me on the new iPad.

I've never played this game before, and even though I'm an avid RPG gamer, I'm not sure it really appeals to me, perhaps it's because I find it a little bit too simplistic for my taste.
    On the other hand, I've only played an hour or so, so it's very early in the game still..

That said, production values, controls and sound is absolutely top notch, so it's definitely recommendable for any gamer to try, and worth the admission price.

It may even hold me over 'till the best RPG ever comes to the iPad on September 18. Baldur's Gate will probably be the only game being played on my iPad for several weeks... :D
    I'm mostly into old school western RPG's.

15. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    This pretty much saddened my day...Damnit Warner bros.!!!Release your apps globally!!!

16. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #96 Ayjona, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
    I received a very similar reply. They are waiting to see how Bastion fares on the iPad. Seems we might yet get to play one of the best indie products, not to mention one of the best action RPGs of any platform (and this is coming from someone who prefers the western open world RPG tradition and old school RPGs, the more sophisticated, intricated and complicated the better, all the more indication of Bastion's quality), on our paradigm-crushing little pocket devices. A good thing we have The World Ends With You to offer us some spiked hair protagonist-infused roleplaying until then ;)

17. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    I played this game extensively on my PC and loved it. If the controls are right, I would recommend to anyone here without hesitation.

18. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    I had been thinking about getting this on my 360 for a while but didn't bc I never play my 360. But on the iPad I'm all in!

19. drach

drach Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    I loved this game which I got on one of the Steam sales. I'm just opposed to virtual controls in general. How does the touch and move control scheme work. Fairly well, or not?

20. drloony

drloony Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Ok I just cleared space for this baby, come on 11pm!!!!!