Universal Bastion (by Supergiant Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Agas, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    This is pretty cheap right now with the Steam sale going on. If I already own this for IOS is there any reason to get it for PC? Price is cheap obviously so not an issue. Basically just want to know if this is a direct port or if the pc version have extras that are worth getting the game for.

2. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    It's pretty much a direct port, however on the PC version there are some differences due to the fact that the control scheme for iOS limits certain factors. For example in the Bow proving grounds the challenge is different, and in the PC version you can throw the machete at enemies.

3. Evilkarma

Evilkarma Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Canada
    #603 Evilkarma, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
    Finally finished this game. Took forever because to be honest, I lost interest numerous times. But what kept me going was all the hype in this game and that in each short sitting I could advance quite a lot in the game. I liked the length of the game, not too short not too long. If it had dragged on longer I would have ended up deleting it because I desperately need the space right now for X-Com lol.

Some thoughts of mine:

1) Game is very overrated IMO. I enjoyed it time to time, and I suppose I give it some credit that I actually ended up finishing the game because I basically NEVER finish mobile games.

2) The narrative and story is very confusing, and all that talking during the gameplay meant nothing to me to be honest.

3) Some weapons are very stupid and the Fang Repeater was so OP that it wasn't much of a challenge once you fully upgraded and know how to roll properly to dodge everything.

4) The game got a little repetitive, but the various environments kept it somewhat appealing.

5) No replayability. Not that this is an issue for me at all because I like to finish a game and delete and move on.

Overall, I'd rate this game no more than a 8/10, I picked it up for a dollar on sale so I don't regret it.

**Spoiler**

I do have a question, what happens if you left Zulf, and what happens if you chose evacuation? I chose to pick his body up and I chose restoration.

4. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    #604 Naked Snake, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    Ever since the last update, or since iOS 7, not sure which... this game appears under my Updates list under "Available Updates" but next to the game instead of "Update" there's just an "Open" button. I tried deleting the game from my iPad and then resyncing it from iTunes but it didn't change anything.

I deleted it again, rebooted the iPad, copied it over again, and it went right back into Available Updates!

5. Kribo

Kribo Active Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Umeå, Sweden
    Has anyone beaten the stranger's dream with 10 idols? How do you kill the ninja in the last round? He killed me even though I had half a bar of life at first and one entire continue. The guides people have done are for other platforms and they allow you to save potions.

6. TinkyWinky

TinkyWinky Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    BBC Studio
    Used shotgun to push him of the stage

7. Kribo

Kribo Active Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Umeå, Sweden
    Thank you, I finally beat it! Do you know what the secret achievement is? Also, the Man At Arms achievement is bugged. I bought every upgrade before I upgraded the forge and I didn't get it. I guess I have to play through the game one more time.

8. TinkyWinky

TinkyWinky Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    BBC Studio
    Glad I helped.Strange I have got Man at arms achievement.There are two game endings,so choose different scenario ending than the first time to get the hidden achievement

9. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    How many hours of gameplay on iOS? Also, this game is $5.... Didn't it used to cost more?

10. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    I see this thread is pretty dead, but posting anyway in hopes that someone else sees this.

Has anyone else had trouble with the game consistently crashing in the Tazal Terminals? I'm running an iPod Touch 5 (32 GB), and I first purchased the game when I had iOS 7. I had absolutely no issues with the game until it crashed in the middle of the TT. Tried it again a few days later, same result.

I put it away for a while and decided to try it again now that I have iOS 8... and it's still crashing in the TT. I've tried closing everything else, I've tried turning my Pod off and on and making sure Bastion is the first thing I run, I've tried with and without my MOGA controller... nothing I've tried is making any difference. It doesn't even crash in the same place every time.

The only other thing I've thought of is that my Pod is typically well over half full of apps. Would more free space help? Any other thoughts? Do I have a prayer of finishing the game, or should I just give up at this point?

11. iPhones iOS

iPhones iOS Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Rochester, New York
    Maybe it would.

12. falcon815

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Sadly, clearing off several GB worth of apps (I now have well over 10 GB free on my 32 GB device) made no difference - it still crashed soon after the second area transition.

I'm at a loss. I'd love to finish this game at some point, but I'm not willing to replay a 30 minute dungeon over and over on the off chance it might actually let me get through the whole thing.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

13. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    ^ maybe you should get an app like battery doctor and use it to increase the available RAM?

14. falcon815

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Good thought. I tried that, which clued me into the fact that Gmail running in the background was not helping my memory situation. So, I turned off Gmail notifications and background running... no dice - it crashed in the second area of the Terminals.

I then tried playing in Airplane mode, and the game ran really, really well, faster than I'd ever seen it go... until area 3 of the Tazal Terminals, where the game crashed as soon as I picked up the new weapon there.

I think I'm about ready to give up.

15. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Redownloading maybe? Sorry you can't play it as it's a really good experience.

16. AndreB

AndreB Active Member

Oct 28, 2014
    Omg i love it !!!

17. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I just checked my receipt... I bought this game Dec 23, 2012 for 99 cents. Finally started playing it today lol.

Holy eff is this game fun.

Really enjoying using the dual shooters.

18. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Bastion!
    For $0.99

19. MasterEx

MasterEx Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Will this game get a metal overhaul not that it doesnt look good its my alltime fav game on pc and ios and playing transistor on pc now and looks also amazing but just wondering if it will recieve anymore updates to shine even more on newer devices

20. The Morning Son

The Morning Son Active Member

May 21, 2014
    Sweden
    Should I play this on my Iphone 5 or on my Mac. It's on sale on both Mac App Store and App Store. Actually a little bit cheaper for Mac.

I love the art style but I haven't played many games in this genre. I've only played the Paper Mario games and I loved the RPG moments in these games. Do Bastion have a similar style when it comes to that? A bit lighter RPG style?

Sorry for my mediocre english, hope someone can understand what I mean.