Universal Bastion (by Supergiant Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Agas, Aug 29, 2012.

1. witedahlia

witedahlia Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    I'm so ridiculous. I wait till just after the sale ends to decide I need to get this game.

2. mikkel1977

mikkel1977 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    For those who's account are in Singapore, try this:

1) Click on your name in iTunes, choose Account;
    2) Change Location
    3) While changing location, do not change your credit card details. Just change the country to China, key in a Province of China, and keep everything else the same, re-enter your CC code (the secret 3 or 4 digits at the back of the card),
    4) Agree to new terms and conditions, etc.

Viola! You're in China Store! Don't even need to have a real address or CC in China to do it.

After that, you can change back to SG store in the same way. Try it, it worked for me!

3. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Finally started playing it last week and my mind is blown! What a great game!

Anyway, I have a question to all of the old hands - will I be able to finish memorial challenges after I complete the game? I think that I am pretty close to completion - one shard left, but these challenges are unexpectedly fun (and I am expectedly bad at them).

And how is game +? Will I be able to retain all my unlocked weapons or will I have to unlock again? Because I'd really love to experiment with some weapons load-outs more at length and at levels where they aren't originally available.

TIA.

4. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Yes, you can complete the leftover memorial challenges in a new game +. You just have to re-build the memorial before you can cash then in, but you can complete them before cashing them in-- they'll just be sitting completed in your inventory. And yeah, you retain everything from your first game when you move into a new game +, which makes the first few levels hilariously easy.

Also, this game is amazing. Finished my first play-through yesterday and immediately started on a second one.

5. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Well, I didn't intend to play the game+, but now I'll totally have to! Do I keep all the weapon upgrades as well?

6. Jazzpha

Apr 26, 2012
    Yup. Weapons, experience and drinks at the distillery all carry over. As does money, I believe.

7. Jazzpha

Apr 26, 2012
    #567 Jazzpha, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
    Sorry for the bump, but I have something that's been bothering me for a bit.

I read you can throw the pike and machete with the proper upgrades, but nothing seems to make that possible on ios. Did they just take the throw function out, or am I missing something?

Being able to throw the pike seems like it would take it from being a good weapon to being one of the best in the game.

Thanks!

EDIT: Looks like the upgrade trees in the ios version have been changed not to allow throwing; I wonder why? Seems like they could have just made it a charge-up attack like the bow, and that would have been fine. Disappointing.

8. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    I think the devs took out that from the ios version since in the pc version the only thing you need to do is press the attack button

Even some of the upgrades of the pike are different in the ios version since no one increase the throw damage

9. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Bastion universal? Oh heck naw. Yo mama is universal cuh

10. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Any info on when and if this will be updated to support iPhone/iPod Touch 4? I've seen the negative reviews building up on iTunes from that and was wondering.

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Playing through this again, but this time on my new iPhone. It's CRAZY that we have quality games like this on our phones. OUR PHONES!!! Gah! The screen is a bit small (especially since I've only played Bastion on my PC and iPad before now) - but I'm still enjoying the crap outta this one. So freak'n glad it supports the widescreen.

12. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    So freakin' un-glad it doesn't run on my iPhone 4, and looking forward to enjoying it freakishly after this summer's iDevice upgrade :)

Yeah. For me, Bastion kinda stands as a major milestone over iOS gradual shift into console and desktop space (even though I would still argue that it had that potential ever since the advent of the App Store, and partially utillized it from the outset).

13. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Any idea how that's going? I heard they were working on iP4 compatibility...:/

14. iMing

iMing Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    co-founder at Takeout Arcade
    Kuala Lumpur
    Great Mobile experience

The touchscreen contols were so good i'm suprised this game was orriginally a PC game, it felt like it was made for the small screen!

15. longpants

longpants Active Member

Jun 23, 2012
    It's out in Malaysia, should be out in Singapore too.

16. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    thanks for the bump here, its out in my store as well finally

17. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I finally can play this.. and its even better than expected... going to enjoy it a lot. :D

18. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Welcome to the club!!! :D

19. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Took me a while and there were some complications but YES!!! Waited a long time for this one... Thanks!

20. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

So my regular iPhone 4 won't play this at all or will it just run slow?