Universal Bastion (by Supergiant Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Agas, Aug 29, 2012.

1. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Can anyone comment as to the size of the gameplay on the smaller screen? How manageable is it?

2. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Will wait for a sale on this... (Im not trying to be 'that' guy, I just have a huge backlog of games and just shelled out $18 for TWEWY)...

Oh well. I'll be happy to pay full price when the time comes if I must though :p

3. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

I don't know why they locked out the iPhone 4. I had the previous build running on my iPhone 4 just fine by editing a file withing the game

4. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    So is this just another krpg calling itself an arpg? Never played it.

5. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    It's pretty tiny. I'd say while the game looks alright, it's really, really small. I'd have liked the option to zoom in, even if it meant sacrificing the game's beautiful vistas for a better view.

6. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    This game is still NOT universal. It can't be downloaded in Asia...and probably South AMerica and Africa as well.

Shame...

7. Triscuitable

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Here's what it looks like on the iPhone 5. Just imagine it squeezed down to a tiny screen.

Note: Imgur does decrease the resolution ever so slightly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    NO WAY! How on earth did I miss this? I was all sad a long ago when they said this wasn't coming to iPod, and NOW!

Let's purchase some iTunes monaaay!

9. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    @Alister
    Thanks for the tip. Just did that, bought a $10 gift card online and am downloading it now :)

10. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    No problem,glad to have helped a fellow gamer..Enjoy the best game on IOS in my opinion..

11. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    No. No no no no no no no no.

No.

No.

That about sums that up, without helpfully elaborating further. Go check out Youtube videos of the game, or read any of the tens of universally-glowing reviews of the PC or iPad versions. This is most certainly not a cheap mobile-centric "RPG", not even remotely.

It most certainly is universal. Universal means that the game is specifically designed to take advantage of both iPad and iPhone/iPod hardware and resolutions, not that it is available everywhere in the universe. :p

If you've only got a 4th-gen iPod Touch as your profile notes, don't into rush that purchase, as that device isn't compatible with this game.

12. Triscuitable

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    I want you to go onto YouTube, watch some gameplay, and realize every word you just said is wrong. This is one of the best RPGs to release last year, and is truly a unique experience that I can't compare to anything.

13. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    This is one of the best games I've played last year, heck this is one of the best games I've ever played BUT how does this work on the small screen? Is it really enjoyable?

14. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I am going to have to disagree with you! My Alpha Centauri iTunes account clearly does NOT list this game. Sigh, anyone know where I can get a Milky Way itunes card? I dont wanna do ebay.

15. bojo619

bojo619 Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Dude, can you give me the link? all i see is $15 gift cards in the apple website
    Thanks!

16. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Thanks Triscuitable. I appreciate the photos and it kinda summed up what I was expecting. I have Bastion on my Mac and was trying to wrap my head around seeing it reduced to an iPhone screen. So still playable and enjoyable but at my age I better grab my readers, huh.
    So no option to pinch and zoom?

17. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    What??? Do you see any fetching going on at all?? Explain the K cause you've stymied all of us.

18. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    It should do. Close and re-open interstellarTunes and you should see it.

19. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Oh crap, I just saw It's not supported for the iPod 4, so I get nada? ):

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Damn I almost missed this. I couldn't play it before but now that I have the touch 5, I think I'm gonna go for this. However I noticed no one has been able to comment on how it plays on smaller devices. That's the only part that worries me now. It does seem like it's a tad small with no zoom but if it plays easily and doesn't give me trouble on the small ipod I'll be getting it right away.