Universal Bastion (by Supergiant Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Agas, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Fingers crossed that it works. Thanks for toftt!

2. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    And... *drumroll*

...it does not. Supergiant have put in a manual block for iPhone 4 users. Launching Bastion brings up an incompatability screen.

Sorry, fellow true iPhone 4 followers. I suppose it is time for us to face the truth we have been putting off for so long...

3. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Thank you so much, really! Now I have a very good reason to upgrade (and IB Dungeons)

4. Fractalrock

Fractalrock Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Thank you for trying. Just bought my wife a 5 so looks like I'm dreaming of an Apple Christmas

5. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    This was the best game I ever played on the ios platform. It's an absolute must have. No if ands or buts!

6. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

Bought it on XBLA

Bought it on the Mac Store

...and now, bought it for the iPhone 5

...I think I've just died and gone to heaven. This is an amazing game and for those who own an v5 iDevice, you simply owe it to yourself to get it.

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yep, you just get an incompatibility screen on the 4th gen.

Just tried it.

8. Quantus

Quantus Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    android version in the works?

9. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Great news! (for us iphone 5 users)

10. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Holy crap! Forget the releases tonight, I know what I'll be playing! :eek:

11. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I can't say this enough. This is the instabuy of all instabuys. Make sure you have a pair of headphones cause your in for a treat. I repeat, donot play this game unless you can listen to it. Headphones are highly recommended.

12. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Thanks for trying, oh well it's time for me to upgrade my device. It's time for me to face the music!!!

13. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    This is one of the very, very few bright spots in an otherwise oddly dull week; I don't think I can recall the last time a week saw the release of such a huge quantity of dreadfully average games.

I'd be bothered that thus far the week has only been redeemed by an update for an existing game, if it weren't for the fact that the game in question really is fantastic, deserves the expanded audience, and is worth more than most of the new releases put together.

14. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #414 Darth Ronfar, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
    Same here.... It was ok when all I was missing out on was pizza vs skeletons but now it's like half of all the games I would wanna get..

^ I agree with last week was bad, but this week has some potentials like gear jack, verticus, that punching game and cube rally redline to name a few. Haven't played any yet so I can't comment.

15. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    YES!!!! Thank you! So happy this will now run on my iPhone. Such a great game.

16. bojo619

bojo619 Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2011
    WTH? its not available on the Philippines app store. dammit

17. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    WTF not available in the Philippines app store???!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I've been waiting for this for so long!

18. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Highly unlikely. This is too high end a game to be on Android, with all its derivations in its hardware, aspect ratio and screen resolution, I don't think I would be realistic for the small team to be able to handle.

With the iPad and iPhone, it's one thing and that's that. Sure there are deviations in processor and ram, but it's in a straight line, versus the crazy roller coaster on the different Android devices.

I may just have to buy this, JUST to have it on my devices. It's an amazing game, I've played through it over 2 times and absolutely love it. I don't know how the controls will work, though. That's my biggest worry.

19. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    OMG WTFBBQ, checked and checked and checked again and again and again, it really is not available in my local App Store. why isn't this available on all app stores? anyway to contact the devs of the game?

20. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    To my fellow filipinoes

To my countrymen..

All I can say is create a US account regardless from which ever region you're in and buy an iTunes gift card..If you are from the phils. you can buy those from data blitz(at any branch I think)..For this game alone it's worth all the trouble..On the plus side you can gain access to games that are region locked or unavailable to you,for example :Lego Harry potter years 1-7 and scribblenauts..Hope this helps and enjoy the game ...:)