Universal Bastion (by Supergiant Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Agas, Aug 29, 2012.

1. jimmycarte

jimmycarte Active Member

Aug 5, 2012
    ;) Cool perfect port to IPAD

Very nice game, It's the action-rpg with the hand draw graphic + great music. With only 4.99$ it is worthly to get one. ipadgamereviews also rate this game as 5/5.

Bastion Review

2. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Any news on this going to iPhone or iPod? D: it looks so yummi.

3. Sleepow

Sleepow Member

Aug 27, 2012
    RPG or action game, in any case one of my favorite port to iOS (with Ghost Tricks).
    I just wished all those big games had iCloud saves so you could delete the game without losing your progress in case you want to go back to it later.

4. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    You could synch the game over iTunes to your Mac / PC. Then you can delete it on your iPad. If you want to play it later you can synch back.

5. JohnSimond

JohnSimond Active Member

Sep 6, 2012
    After playing this awesome game for a while, I gotta say the control is a bummer, other than that it's a masterpiece.

6. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    D-pad controls are fantastic.

7. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Yeah. The controls are spot on.

8. Sleepow

Sleepow Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Sorry for the dumb question, but how do you sync a game to a Mac? Is that just backing the iPad up? If so, when I restored an iPhone from a backup, I do not remember my saves being restored (but maybe I am wrong).
    And is there a way to restore a single game/saves?

9. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #349 violentv, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
    yeah. if you restore from a backup..your saves should be restored as well. Locate your backups on your hard drive and check the time stamp? I don't think manual backing up of the save file via a ios file manager on a non jb device would work though...since you will have to change permission settings of the save file(tried this).

10. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I had this on PC and never really got into it, thinking it was a tad over hyped.

Got the iPad version regardless and for some reason even though it's very much the same game, I'm enjoying it a ton more. Maybe because I knew what to expect and had no false expectations. Narration, artwork, music and story are top notch. Everything about it just feels more comfortable to me on the iPad.

11. pat3ck

pat3ck Active Member

Bastion is definitely a game like no other. I think it's price of $4.99 is a bargain with its deep and killer story.

We reviewed the app on our blog and rated it 5 out of 5 stars.

I'm just glad they bring Bastion to the iPad. :)

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Soooooo... I know it's been a while, especially considering I bought this on release night, but I FINALLY completed the story for the first time. Damn what a game. Gotta be in my top 5 iOS titles, and a strong contender for GOTY, IMO.

$5 is definitely a steal for this one. Thanks so much to the devs for porting it over...

I went ahead and purchased the PC version as well. I know there's not many differences, but I wanted to help support the devs... and I'm a PC gamer freak... so =oP

13. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I cannot play it on my ipad 1 and downloaded the demo from steam - fun game !
    I was considering buying on steam for my PC.

14. aricall

aricall Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Tattooist
    Damn accidentally bought this for my iPad 1. Guess I should pay more attention. Sigh

15. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    With the extra screen space on the new 5th gen devices, this should totally get iPhone/iPod Touch support.

16. unc0nnected

unc0nnected Active Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Simply marvelous game, easily the best narrative I've ever heard in a game before, that alone is reason enough to buy and play through this game

17. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Guys, this game doesn't appear to be available in the region I live in. Any idea how someone can help me out? Thanks!

18. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Hey's guys recently got this game and I just finished upgrading all 6 buildings. I don't know when the end is, but I heard that after you beat the game, you go into New Game+, letting you replay the game. However, I am wondering if when you go to NG+, do you keep all your weapons, upgrades, items, and rewards from the memorial?

19. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Are you by any chance in the phils. ?All I can say is create a US account regardless from which ever region you're in and buy an iTunes gift card..If you are from the phils. you can buy those from data blitz(at any branch I think)..For this game alone it's worth all the trouble..On the plus side you can gain access to games that are region locked or unavailable to you,for example :Lego Harry potter years 1-7 and scribblenauts..Hope this helps and enjoy the game :)...

20. clarence

clarence Active Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Hello everyone.
    Well I've played this already and in NG+ you get to keep all accumulated fragments, all unlocked weapons + upgrades and you are now allowed to build the bastion in any order you want. You also get to keep all the somethings but its quite pointless as you can collect them back again, so some of them will be unused in your inventory. You also keep all unlocked spirits and your level as well as any unlocked idols you may have.

What you dont get to keep are the mementos. And you must unlock all the who knows where locations again.

Hope that helped :)