Universal Bastion (by Supergiant Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Agas, Aug 29, 2012.

1. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Did you contact anyone at WB?
    Is Scribblenauts also available in Norway?

Both are still missing over here :-(

2. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Who did you send an email to at Warner Bros? Their online support seems quite useless so far.
    Did other WB games now make an appearance as well?

3. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    x_X the word hype has negative connotations attached to it.. I don't see how there was any hype over Bastion? This port of an established and award winning game came out of the blue after all.

I am double dipping and while I am disappointed that I can't throw the machete or have homing arrows for the repeater the floating joypad definitely works better than a keyboard =/

It is as fun as I recalled it to be...but the way the save slots work annoys me. I can't manually save the game so I will have to replay the whole game just to get the different endings? x_X I guess I will have to dive into ifunbox or iexplorer and duplicate and rename the save file.

4. Hans Kisaragi

Hans Kisaragi Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    they just showd up on the app store on the 5th.. both Bastion and scribblenaut

5. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    #325 Fastbridge, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
    All I can say is wow. This turned out to be the best game I ever played on the iOS platform and possibly the best game I've played on all platforms. There wasnot one fall to the game. The narrator totally nailed his role and I hope to see more of his work. If you own a iPad there is no reason you shouldn't experience this game. I would pay $30 for this game and if they make a iPhone version I'm buying it instantly. Hopefully with the iPhone 5, they will decide to make the game being the screen is bigger. I read that might be the main issue on why it didnot make it to the phone. Anyway this is deff game of the year material and quite possibly the number 1 game to hit this platform. ABSOLUTKY INCREDIBLE.

6. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    How are you guys customising your games and how do you use weapons?

My current best combo is hammer and pistols.

Love the fact you can change the difficulty how ever you like.

I'm thinking of going max shrines on plus game mode from the start.

7. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe

I love the fully upgraded reaper rifle with the target following arrows. And the Bazooka. Great combo for the later levels. But I really like the bow and machete as well. Will try Mac shrines after the first playthrough.

8. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Ahhh bazooka!?

What mission is that in?

I played through a mission with an armoury half way through but no weapon pick up so I suspect I may have missed that one :(

9. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    #329 jeffyg3, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
    -Fully upgraded repeater with the upgrade for the projectiles to follow, killer
    -Blow torch for clearing away things quickly, especially with the upgraded ability to move quickly while firing.

Hmmm, I just started playing the original game that began on the Xbox 360 again and I forgot how a little different it is...weapons are found at different times, the health system is different, a little harder, a few different upgrades from the iPad version, and some weapons on the original game has special abilities, like the war machete can be thrown and the iPad version lacks this...I like being able to use both weapons in an instant too. The original Xbox 360 game is definitely a little more fun to play, but its still an amazing game on the iPad and have already beaten it twice.

10. Mumumomo

Mumumomo Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Very good game, even if a little bit too easy.

Best weapon for me (by a huge margin) is the repeater with guided ammo: very powerful for single ennemies and groups as well. Only drawback is on very high armor ennemies (flowers).
    For secondary, i like the mortar.

Did somebody manage to get the shield vigil and how? (kill one ennemy under 20% health with a block) : i did kill ennemies with counters while being under 20 % of health (for me or for them) but did not get the vigil.

11. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    You can use the shrine to make things a little - or extreme - harder. I'm on y second plathrough now and using the shrine a lot.

12. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I'm so upset I beat the game. No more bastion:( I'm not the one to play a game a second time, but with this I just might have to. The only other iOS game ie played through multiple times was N.Y. Zombies.

13. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I got it. You have to be under 20% and I believe it has to be a melee attack that you block. There are a few elixirs that buff your counter block, they help out a lot.

14. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I am thinking on investing some time on this game, but not sure about the commitment?

Can someone tell me how long it takes to finish the campaign on easy level? Once this is done, how long it takes to finish all extra bonus missions?

15. MarcusQT3

MarcusQT3 Active Member

Jun 18, 2011
    It's about a 5-6 hour game for one play through but well worth the time. I'm playing through it a second time with a new game +.

16. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Thanks. Are there bonus missions and other side quests? What is to gain for a second playthrough?

17. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Wow..fun game. Amazing how the controls can really change the feel of the game for me. I started off just playing using the virtual controls and personally didn't like the game play that way. Well, on my sick day..I switched the controls to the touch control, and changed my mind set that I'm playing a "single player" rts/DOTA and the game was much more fun. That and I fell off the side less. Here's to powering through and finishing the game finally.

18. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I'm on new iPad here. First time ever playing this game. So far I'm just not liking it. There's just nothing about it I like. Changed the controls but not enjoying the fighting. Don't know why just don't like this game. I hate the voice over accent. A real turn off. Does it get better, different or is this it?

Is it an RPG because it feels and plays more like an action game?

19. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    #339 tops2, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
    I think this is it. Personally I was affected by way too much hype that by the time I started the game. The production value is definitely high, but the gameplay to me is a bit flat. I'm not that into the narration.

The game to me is more of an action game with different weapons. Never played it on the Xbox ior the pc..but this game as I mentioned feels like I'm playing a one character RTS/DOTA.. The combat feels like there's a bit of a disconnect between the character and my controls. As a bad comparison, Eternity Warriors 2 I feel like I'm directly connected to controlling the character.

That said, I don't regret the purchase at all and do find the game fun at times.

20. Mumumomo

Mumumomo Member

Nov 22, 2011
    For me also it is not an rpg but instead a very good action game.

Rpg means for me that you have to make choices, either in the development of the character (you make no definitive choice in that game) or during the story (you make 2 choices at the very end of the game with no impact at all on the gameplay).

The action game is very good though, although the control are quite bad : any dual stick shooter has better controls. Aiming is almost impossible in this game (at least for me)