Universal Bastion (by Supergiant Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Agas, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Btw, that wasn't the last timei had it crash either. I think they may want to look at a patch. I hope, anyway. This is an awesome game.

2. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Bastion isn't available in my country's AppStore. What a shame. Very strange as it did appear here on XBLA. (which I played however wouldn't mind playing again + some of my friends wanted to give it a go.) I really don't get those publishing restrictions. Frustrating. First Scribblenaghts, now this.

3. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    There is no way an iPad 1 could run this game... (judging by how slow my iPad 1 runs normal games).

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yeah...maybe with some really compressed textures and turning off some blur and contrast effects. And limited the number of enemies onscreen. Thing is, the games is largely 2D so it shouldn't be to hard to run.

5. Sezzar

Sezzar Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Same here, I sent the developers an email for an official acknowledgement on whether the game gonna be released here in singapore. If worst case scenario, gotta think of alternative way to get the game:D

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Just a note... Even hinting at getting the game by... Ahem... Illegal.... Means... Could get you suspended from the forums.

But you can create a US account, and get the game with a US gift card. There's a site listed somewhere in this thread that sells em.

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yes syntheticvoid's right, the rules been tightened up a lot lately, now you can get banned immediately for something like that.

8. Snake Eater

Snake Eater Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    so this games does have retina res right?

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yes it does

10. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Are you sure about that?
    I find that very strange, as the game was released here in denmark, and I find it difficult to believe they should differentiate between Scandinavian countries.

Sometimes when I have trouble finding a specific release on the AppStore I can find it when I search for the publisher or developer instead of the name of the game or app itself.

Try searching for "Warner Bros".

If I'm wrong, and the game really isn't released in Norway, I apologize for my ignorance, but I can't imagine that's the case...

11. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Kinda easy to boycott games that aren't even available to you ;)

12. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I just can't believe I've never heard about this game until last week. This is the best game I've played on this platform. It's truly a masterpiece.

13. Sezzar

Sezzar Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Sorry if I sounded unclear, I meant setting up a US account (got it done few hrs ago) , now to get my hands on a US itunes card from a reliable source:)

14. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    aha..I am interested in hassle free/reliable ways of purchasing US itunes gift cards online too. Any suggestions ?

15. Sezzar

Sezzar Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I googled a couple retail shops/ self run business claiming authentic cards for sale locally in singapore, international wise, u can check out "buyfrompowerseller", google that name

16. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    eh.. there are retail shops in Singapore selling gift cards?! @@ I would appreciate it if you can hook me up with the source.

17. Sezzar

Sezzar Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Sent u pm

18. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
  19. gtust

gtust Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Male
    Norwegians boycotted?

Fellow Norwegians, I'm on the case here. I just don't understand why Warner Bros aren't publishing their games in the Norwegian Appstore.

I sent this letter both to Warner Bros and Supergiant, Supergiant has already responded "IT SHOULD HAVE been released in Norway," but as we know, there is something strange going on with Warner Bros and the Norwegian appstore.

Here's my letter:

"
    Hello, I am a gamer and a game developer.

Last week the game BASTION was released all over the world, but not in the NORWEGIAN appstore.

Warner Bros is the only brand I know that has several releases not in the Norwegian appstore, and my question is WHY?

On the Norwegian appstore there was even a commercial for Batman: Arkham City Lockdown, but the link went nowhere.

Now, with Warner Bros being the seller of Bastion, I really want to dig to the bottom of why such a big company does not release games in Norway, as this game is a big release for the whole iPad gaming community.

If you could help me shed some light on this subject I would be very happy.
    "

I guess when even the Danish get the games, it pisses me off to the point where something just needs to be done! ;)