Universal Bastion (by Supergiant Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Agas, Aug 29, 2012.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    There are 2 main reasons why they chose to exclude iPod and iPhone models.

1) As of now the iPod 4 and iPhone 3GS probably couldn't run the game smoothly or at all, as the iPad 1 with slighly higher specs isn't able to

2) Screen real estate is the #1 reason IMO. The devs stated that they didn't feel as though it would translate well onto a smaller device and the experience would be compromised.

I feel your pain, but those reasons do make sense.

2. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    You gave something you love a mediocre rating because it doesn't support your device, potentially impacting sales in a negative way, but hope for them to add support in the future? Don't you understand that the better the game sells, the higher the likelihood that happens?

And they call me misguided...

3. McMoogle

McMoogle New Member

May 8, 2012
    God, why does Warner bros keep so many of their games out of the singapore app store!?

4. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Im so sad to say that it's not just in your AppStore but on ours and a lot of countries out there...Their policy really sucks...:(

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    This. The rating system is not a way to communicate with a developer. It should be used only to give an honest opinion about the quality and value of a particular app.

6. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Well, I actually got this to run on my iPhone 4 by editing one of the game files. It actually runs perfectly too, except for one huge problem.. the touch detection is way off making the game near impossible to actually play :(
    really hope they decide to bring this to iPhone 4/4S since I'd like to be able to play this more on the go and I rarely ever play on my iPad anywhere else other than at home.

7. Multiboy2k

Multiboy2k Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Watcher
    Could change at a moment's notice
    I love this game. Period.

This is easily one of the most awesome games I have ever played on the iOS.
    Please please please continue adding DLC/more content to this game. And, after you've done this, please continue making more games bearing this standard of quality. You guys have set the bar very high with this.

Thank You!

8. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    This. I'm loving this game.

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    How'd you manage to install it on an iPhone? I thought iTunes and the AppStore did let iPad apps run on iPhones and vice versa.

10. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Maybe they can cast a magic spell and make this happen. Sheesh.

11. nicodemus82

Like I already mentioned, I edited/modified one of the game's files. This works on quite a few iiPad games, but not all. This is how I managed to play Aquaria, Back to the Future series etc on my iPhone :)

12. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    You can install iPhone games on an iPad.

13. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Yes. This.

The game was designed to run on a system with a hefty processor, they have ported it down to work on the newer generation iOS systems, but to think a game like this could run on an iPad 1, let alone a 3GS? You must be drinking crazy juice. I'm still amazed it is running on an iPad at all, with the limited hardware capabilities. We got lucky that it even worked, and I would bet the farm that there's no way it could possibly run on an earlier device, even with years of coding.

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Actually I'm not to surprised given that there're far more impressive titles (on a purely technical level) available and coming out for iOS then Bastion. In fact dozens of iOS games push more polygons and sport more effects. Bastion is largely 2D. I suspect that with some graphical downgrades it could work on the original iPad, albeit at a jerky framerate. That said, Bastion couldn't be more perfect on every level, including graphics.

15. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Ah my mistake. But correct me again if I'm wrong, but iPad games cannot be installed on iPhones.

16. TakenXXDeadly

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Yep.

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Love your signature btw

18. nicodemus82

Not by default no, but by editing/modifying certain files they can be

19. timvee

timvee Member

Aug 31, 2012
    I got the game from the US App Store. It runs fine except when there are a lot of enemies on the screen. I can't complain given that it runs on the iPad at all.

20. mustPushCart

mustPushCart Active Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Which ipad is it?