Universal Bastion (by Supergiant Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Agas, Aug 29, 2012.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Really glad they've managed a stable framerate. What's the iPad 2's performance, anyone know? I'm guessing about the same.

2. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    By far the best iPad game I've played to date. And that says a lot coming from me. Get this nowwww

3. Hans Kisaragi

Hans Kisaragi Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Not going to buy it then.. Screw that. I don't support that kind of business.

4. gtcharlie

gtcharlie Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Game has played very smoothly so far on my iPad2. As someone mentioned earlier the graphics can be a little blurry at times without retina but still very nice for the most part.

5. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Besides the graphics being a tiny tad blurry its flawless, the controls (using dpad) are excellent, very responsibe and well placed, it wouldnt hurt if you could resize them and/or move them around but it doesnt interfere with the superb quality you'll find here.

Loving it so much that im actually plowing thru it from start to finish which is very rare for me these days. Anyone on the fence should Just buy it, for all of those crying for games without iap, this is the time to step up!

6. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    How do you that? Please PM me (tell me how to do...). In real life I just want only a real apps compare to pirate one...

7. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    Can anybody explain how new game + works?
    Do you lose everything and start all over?

Almost finished the game but don't have all achievements yet like fully upgrade every weapon,...
    If i lose everything after NG+ i'm gonna get the achievements first that's why i wanted to know.

P.s. if it's something else please put it in a spoiler thing :D
    P.s.s. AWESOME GAME!!!

8. Sezzar

Sezzar Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    This is frustrating, seeing so many fabulous reviews and app not yet available in singapore:(

No love.....

9. longpants

longpants Active Member

Jun 23, 2012
    I contacted the developers (Supergiant) and they said that it is not available in the Malaysian appstore due to publishing restrictions. They are investigating whether there's anything they can do to address this.

10. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    You get to keep everything, no worries. You start the game over and need to rebuild the Bastion, but you can build in any order this time. You keep all XP, upgrade material, shards, have access to all your weapons, etc. No point in not finishing and grinding, when there will be plenty of time to fully upgrade in NG+.

11. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Thanks! my heart will open to 'break-the-jail' my devices :cool:.

12. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Thanks for doing so and pls mention all the countries that's waiting for the game to be available in their appstores(including mine,Philippines)..There's been a lot of us here with this dilemma as you can see in the thread...I hope we can start a petition and end the business policy of Warner Brothers regarding game distribution(which really sucksss)...

13. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    I hope they'll have a release date soon. I was pretty pissed yesterday morning but they managed it somehow in Germany. Fingers crossed.

14. Essex

Essex Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I don't have much to add to this discussion other than this is the best mobile game I've ever played! It's refreshing to play a game that is devoid of IAP. It's quite striking, really, how immersive the game is when your character's progression isn't artificially limited by secondary currencies, debuffs, and frustrating difficulty spikes.

I love everything about this game.

15. gtcharlie

gtcharlie Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Very well said and I agree wholeheartedly.

16. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    When I saw this come-out,I was ecstatic then I noticed who publish it and my heart sank..

17. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Love that the game is number 1 in the US app store! I hope it holds on for a long time. Will not be easy with all the sales for the holiday weekend but if ever there was a game that can send a message to publishers that we will reward quality games with our dollars (rather than crappy freemium games) this is the one!

18. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Do you have to clear the game to unlock Score Attack Mode? Does this mode randomize stuff up a bit or will everything be exactly as it was in the Story Mode?

19. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    Awesome! Tnx jagerBombS!

20. Cpettysan

Cpettysan Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Gave this game a 3out of 5 because I loved this game in XBLA, and now that it's on iOS, I wish I could play it on my 4G iPod Touch, but I can't. Will give it it's owned rating of 5 out of 5 in the future if the company chooses to make the game universal or at least for 3G/4G and higher editions.

To the company that developed Bastion:

PLEASE MAKE BASTION EITHER AVAILABLE TO 3G/4G EDITIONS AND ABOVE (iPod Touch, iPhone, etc.) OR MAKE IT UNIVERSAL SO EVERYONE CAN PLAY YOUR WONDERFUL GAME. I think this will gain you many more players, and by doing so, gain you a lot more income and future customers. Also, will you be adding or including any DLC in the future? Might be a good idea to give players something to look forward to in the future!