Universal Bastion (by Supergiant Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Agas, Aug 29, 2012.

1. heinousjay

heinousjay New Member

Feb 12, 2011
    lol forced

2. timvee

timvee Member

Aug 31, 2012
    I keep checking the App Store and it keeps saying that it's not available in my country. Being a paying customer, it makes me tempted to...hahaha I will say no more. :p

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#183 Sanuku, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
    Ok so:

• Philippine
    • Malaysia

What Country? I`m just asking since if it`s a third Country me might probably have a slice chance to get it somehow working if the Developer just didn`t add the Game to those Stores because someone else is owning the Rights to sell the Games over there.

4. timvee

timvee Member

Aug 31, 2012
    The Philippines. I pay for all my apps! This just makes me upset.

5. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    I'm from Philippines to. What I did was to make a US account, get a 10 USD iTunes Gift Card (available at DataBlitz for 535 php) then buy it from there. It's worth every peso. :D

While you are at it, get Scribblenaught/Spy VS Spy too. I know it's a hassle to have two accounts, but that's way easier, and safer, rather than jailbreaking, etc.

6. timvee

timvee Member

Aug 31, 2012
    This is awesome! Data Blitz is awesome! Thank you. :D

7. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    You're welcome. Some discount's are also for US accounts only too, so if I can save a lot, then I buy it there (like Crash). Of course, cloud sync and other stuff might have conflicts, but still. Enjoy. Bastion is so worth it. :D

8. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I am blown away by how good this game is on the iPad! Like many others I've also bought this for the PC on a steam sale but did not get around to playing it. So glad I waited and can now enjoy it for the first time on my iPad. This is the kind of quality I was hoping for when I upgraded to the new iPad! Great stuff! Perhaps there is life after freemium for iPad!

-Greg

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I cannot stress enough what a joy this game is. One of the best $5 I ever spent. And runs smoothly on iPad 3 with retina...icing on the cake.

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Unfortunately it isn't compatible with first gen iPads :( might be time to upgrade mate. Or just wait for the iPad 4, that's my advice.

11. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Remember to use a state address that is tax free (Oregon). lol

12. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Oh yeah..sorry about that anyway i may do the dual accounts...

13. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #193 backtothis, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
    Finally gave Bastion a go on Steam since I can't play it on the iOS. Bought it quite a while back. It's probably the best hack-and-slash I've ever played. The visuals and sound are both top-notch. When comparing Bastion to iOS games priced similarly from EA and Gameloft, there just isn't any competition if it plays anything like the PC/Mac version of the game. Amazing deal for $4.99. Didn't realize it was such a recent title. Bastion came out only just last summer. Definitely going to take the 8 or so hours to run through the game in the near future. The narration does game wonders. Really like how he changes what he says depending on your actions.

Edit: Just remembered I bought all three DeathSpank games a while back. Definitely playing those as well after I finish Bastion. Hack-and-slash!

14. LKR

LKR Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Earth
    Extremely awesome game. I'm seriously loving it.

15. 21strong

21strong New Member

Aug 31, 2012
    UK
    Fantastic game. Graphics are great and best soundtrack i've heard in a long time. Brilliant atmosphere with the narrative - best game so far for ipad :)

16. Hans Kisaragi

Hans Kisaragi Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Still not out in Norwegian store :( I want to play!

17. relsircspotcat

relsircspotcat Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Apps Developer
    I don't think they're going to release it in Norway soon. So much better get a US account. WB games are like that.

18. Karina

Karina Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Epic! Nice game play

19. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Agreed! With everything.

My ONLY hesitation is the controls.

What do they compare to? I know HP worked okay because there was minimal "fighting", but this game is just so amazing that regardless of anything else, I think I need to snag it.

20. NathanQuest

NathanQuest Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Cologne, Germany
    For me, the controls work great! It's either "tap to walk" or a d-pad (which I prefer). The are very responsive and the attack-, switch-weapon- and special-buttons are placed perfectly and all is very responsive. Foghts can get a bit confusing though if you are confronted with hordes... :D

As most said before: for me also the best game for the (new) iPad! For a price like this an absolut MUST-BUY-RIGHT-NOW! :)