Basketball Stars by Miniclip

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Benjo, Feb 10, 2016.

1. obiray

obiray Member

Mar 13, 2016
    #41 obiray, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    yeah i know what you mean. ive made a lot of good suggestions with only good intentions to improve the game, like i dont even care if i start losing more, at least i will know that the better player won. but they dont want to give up this unfair random advantage.

the only 2 reason i can think of is...

1. they are really worried about tied games. its an easy fix though by making the shots harder to get perfect or creating a 'lucky backboard shot' where the first person to hit the backboard gets the points, not like regular backboards where both players can get them.

2. They are trying to make this a game for kids, they want to give crappy players a chance to win and feel good against the more skilled players.

im posting again because in 2 games now my opponent has gotten 2 more lucky balls than me and i thought the update changed it so they can only ever get 1 extra lucky ball.

also for a future feature could you make a replay button so we can rewatch the match?

AND FYI - a guy just beat me at the end by 2 points in a 500k game because he got an extra lucky ball while on fire... i was ahead by 10points, all lucky balls were even... in all logical sense why did i deserve to lose? why are lucky balls good for the game?

GG basketball sta... i mean basketball luck

2. Iwantitall

Iwantitall New Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Get rid of lucky balls

The update doesn't work. I am still seeing opponents getting more than 2 lucky balls. There is also no chance to even out when the opponents get it at the last throw. I am avoiding high stake games because of this.

Just get rid of it. If there are ever two perfect players, let them fight it until their batteries run out.

3. obiray

obiray Member

Mar 13, 2016
    i just cant take it anymore. lost a 2mil game by 2 points. the guy literally got a lucky ball on his last shot and it was an EXTRA BALL. he got 2 lucky balls i got 1. youre so worried about a draw, 80% of the players cant even hit a backboard.

4. a59

a59 Member

Apr 13, 2016
    Yeah they do the same with 8 ball pool, actually all their games in idea and graphics are okay but the gaming experience always been horrible, but i doubt they are stupid they want this to happen to force IAP on people chances are those who lose in 500K are likely to buy with real money to keep playing. The spin wheel couldn't be more rigged (Same in 8bp). I advise against playing high tiers until they do something about the blue ball, i also noticed the tier stake selection defaults to 80.000 court when it should default to 1000 court so people don't accidentally tap on it. I see girls play this game too and should have an option to pick a girl, but just like i said the game starts off well but on the long right there are shortsighted people maintaining it's progress The new update claims to fix bugs so we'll see if they rigged the game some more.

5. obiray

obiray Member

Mar 13, 2016
    #45 obiray, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    ive never played their other games, just happened to stumble upon this one. are you saying all their games have a feature thats similar to the lucky ball? if so, ill just give up now. i thought this was a 1 game thing but no matter how hard i try they wont change it unless they have some epiphany and change all their games.

im not worried about IAP or the spin wheel because to me that is all bonus crap and i just play the game. like �������� im going to buy 500k from the store lol. my screen defaults to the 2mil court, i dont mind because i play the 2mil games anyway.

hey Benjo another question (if you still read this) - are we paired up with players from our region? i queue for 2mil games all the time but i rarely get them, they are usually with the same people too. i even struggle to get 500k games. But the person coming 1st in the world at the moment increased her cash by 30mil over night. I just dont see how it was actually possible unless she played 375x 80k matches or if shes getting more opponents for the 2mil games that arent available to everyone else.

im not complaining here, just curious. thanks

EDIT: haha something messed up just happened. i dont understand what the hell it was. I just drew a game. we went into over time. he may have beat me by 3 points but it said DRAW again. then he beat me by 10points and it said DRAW again and then he beat me by even more points. BUT THEN IT SAID I WON!

lol i feel sorry for the guy but im laughing and thinking WTF just happened at the same time. if i was to guess the score, it may have been 198 - 210. but it just randomly changed my score at the end and said i won

[​IMG]

6. a59

a59 Member

Apr 13, 2016
    They cripple 8BP as well, Basketball stars follows same pattern in terms of accessories in BBS you have balls advantage in 8BP you have the premium cues, this is all fair until you see how dumb their matching system is, putting rookies vs pros regardless of the tier selection and without taking win percentage in consideration. In 8BP as well you win sometimes but you lose coins when you go back to your page, there's no way in hell that this is a coincidence. You should try their support team, quiet the piece of work, submit your ticket and a day later the'll change it's status to solved. They don't protect you against cheaters so reporting them with screenshots or videos won't change anything. Miniclip is one if not the most corrupt companies i have come across.

7. Fred76

Fred76 New Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Lucky Ball & Lag

First of all, it doesn't matter to spend money on or in this game. The reason why?

1. Even after the latest update, the Lucky Ball still ruins the game. Even with a premium ball and full score you will probably not make it against a less skilled player as he gets 2 extra Lucky Balls.

2. Lag. I'm on a 200Mbps netwerk and the servers are often laggy meaning the opponent can play an extra ball or 2. Or you miss your shot.

3. Uneven balancing. It's hard to get your xp up but often you are playing against a higher skilled player. E.g. Level 22 against 45.

4. DON'T BUY PREMIUM BALLS. Don't spent money on extra's. I have the best ball and I often loose a game against a guy with the standard ball due to lag and the lucky balls.

It could be a great game but the fact that skills will not even let you win but you have to hope on even or extra lucky balls ruins the game.

A missed shot...:mad:

8. a59

a59 Member

Apr 13, 2016
    I noticed the last update made scoring perfect shots fool-proof. The slider stops for a split second right at the point where the shot counts full points. As long as the blue ball is there i won't play high tiers because losing because of that dumb blue ball will make me furious. I recommend everyone sticks for low tiers until they fix it /if/ they ever will.

9. obiray

obiray Member

Mar 13, 2016
    lol holy crap i just noticed that. no wonder its so easy and they are worried about draws. I guess they make it easy which boosts peoples confidence to keep playing because they think they are good. which then also brings in the lucky balls. #### it im done here, benjo isnt replying, i guess this game was a kids joke all along.

10. obiray

obiray Member

Mar 13, 2016
    Update: this game died hard. the top player cant even get over 100mil because there arent enough players to verse. a few weeks ago people were getting 200mil+

i rarely get 2mil matches and its usually with the same 5 people over and over.

see you on the next game

11. robeca

robeca New Member

May 18, 2016
    #51 robeca, May 18, 2016
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
    I am top 10 ranked this week thus far, and I can honestly say that I have lost 8 (yes that's EIGHT) 2million dollar matches all by way of 2(once) 3(six times) and even 4(once) lucky balls on players that are even higher ranked than I am. The wife laughs at me when she sees me toss my phone in the air with that "wtf look" on my face.

I am just glad I did not spend anything on this game.

Edit: the main reason how I wound up here is because of all of these last second "extra shots" I have been seeing.

12. Nighttech

Nighttech New Member

May 21, 2016
    Upsetting

In the beginning all was well, and perfect, my stats were at 87% wining with over 2 mil won on level 15, then all the sudden for the past 2 weeks the game kicks me out or says connecting! It causes me to lose and takes my money. I would be even more upset if I were to be purchasing additional play money ## I am using iPhone 6s and my internet speed on wifi is at 56mbps. I have already uninstalled app and reinstalled. I have tried app on other phones as well. Is anyone else encountering this issue? Please fix:confused::mad:

13. Gymhawk

Gymhawk New Member

Jun 3, 2016
    CA
    Basketball Stars will not work

Hi, I've been trying to access the game for over 6hrs now with no luck. I get a login request failed. The screen flashes intermittently while displaying the message. I have restarted both game and phone with no luck.

I have spent some money on this game and can't have it just quit on me like that.

Is there something wrong with your server???

Someone check it out please.

14. snottwiz

snottwiz New Member

Aug 17, 2016
    "wahhhh no lucky balls!!!!!"

Can everyone stop being a baby about the lucky balls? I mean seriously, I'm sure you have no complaints when YOU get them 3 times in a game and won. I've won games where the opponent got 3 lucky balls and me none because either they suck at getting backboard shots and/or they miss a shot at the start of the "on fire" sequence. Now let's all stop acting like school children who got their milk money stolen from the big kids. Please.

15. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    there is a way to login with your Miniclip ID (like in 8 ball pool or soccer stars) ?

16. Jongreene678

Jongreene678 New Member

Feb 20, 2017
    Basketball stars rankings

Hey so I was curious about the rankings in the game. So I obviously started off as a novice or beginner or whatever it was. And now I'm level 15 and im so called a "hotshot" and before I was a hustler. What exactly do these rankings mean? And where do they come from? Are there certain qualifications you have to meet in order to advance in a ranking? I also have 8 ball pool and they have sort of the same ranking system. Just curious. It would be greatly appreciated if you could get back to me. Thanks!! #

~Jon

17. Jongreene678

Jongreene678 New Member

Feb 20, 2017
    Yeah I agree. Like there are some games I'm pissed about. But ya can't blame it on the lucky balls. Also if your betting 50,000. You take the risk. Lucky balls or not ����

18. mindman

mindman New Member

May 4, 2017
    #58 mindman, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
    Enough Is Enough.....Cut It Out

I've been playing Basketball Stars since mid February 2017. at first I was awkwardly playing and soon as I got the hang of it I was on my way to powerplayer. Once I really got the swing of it I was able to do $12,000 back to back and even threw in a $50,000 here and there. I'v noticed hesitantly once I had over a million posted in my bank I started losing matches. No more perfect shots and I kid you not i perfected my perfect shots. Me being determined to win back what I thought was a BS loss. I bet $200,000 thousand 3 times and lost all 3 matches narrowly. I'm not a sore loser but I CALL BULLSHIT or at least some fishy business.I've read others express concerns of foul play and I'm starting to believe. NOT FARE. I've purchase small amounts of money BUT ABSOLUTELY will got over $5.99. I feel as though the system sabotages you purposely when you "earn" over a million. Did I mention I have over 300 gold bars currently. Basketball Stars I love this game but stop the BS. Be fair. I'm no baller on the court but this game I was well on my way to superstar status. On my Ipod "Veteran" and "Expert" on my tablet by your standards. Why am I no longer able to make perfect shots???? STOP THE BS!!!!!!!

19. Hosefire

Hosefire New Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Blue balls cause blue balls

The bonus balls are a joke period.. ur up by 17 w time clicking does em and opponent gets 2 out of 3 on fire and u lose by 1 to end the game for 200k is an absolute joke.. game was fun but this bs ruins it.. good nite and thank you!!

20. Hosefire

Hosefire New Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Blue balls cause blue balls

The bonus balls are a joke period.. ur up by 17 w time clicking down and opponent gets 2 out of 3 on fire and u lose by 1 to end the game for 200k is an absolute joke.. game was fun but this bs ruins it.. good nite and thank you!!