iPad Baseball Superstars 2009 Price Drop ($4.99 -> $1.99 until 8 March)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by dbl_dose, Mar 6, 2009.

1. dbl_dose

dbl_dose Active Member

Dec 19, 2008
    #1 dbl_dose, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2009
    There's a major price drop for this app, but they say its for 3 days only.
    I've been a pretty big fan of this game, and got it when it first came out.
    Still playin it.
    solid game. might want to give it a try.

Baseball Superstars is out.

[​IMG]

[hqyoutube]f8z2Vmpy9PU[/hqyoutube]

$4.99

2. Hhsc

Hhsc Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Student
    Michigan
    Wow, I was going to buy this last night before I knew about the price drop. I'm glad I didn't! Thanks for posting this!

3. LordCrom

LordCrom Well-Known Member

HOLY SNAP! This game is a MUST PURCHASE at $1.99. Fantastic baseball game for your iPhone! I highly recommend this one.

4. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Allready picked mine up this morning

5. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Good consolation to not receiving a promotional code from the 50 promo giveaway.

Interesting that AppShopper hasn't picked up on this yet.

6. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Don't remind me of that thread...:)

7. deathinacan

deathinacan Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Agreed, GREAT game, i've had it for a while. Lots of replay value and unlockables as well.

8. traonk

traonk Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    student
    earth
    i want to buy this, is this really good

what's special about this game????

9. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    If you don't get Baseball Superstars 2009 for only $1.99, something is wrong with you! Don't let the cartoon graphics fool you. It's a lot of fun, has the RPG like feature of building up your player and has a lot of replay value like the others have said.

BUY IT!

10. traonk

traonk Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    student
    earth
    ok buying it right now

11. wildmatt

wildmatt Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I really liked the lite version and was up on the wall, but this made me get it in a second. Great game!

12. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    Simply put, this is currently the best baseball game you can get on iTunes.

13. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    How many baseball games can you get right now in the app store? ;)

14. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    Exactly my point :p

15. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I know this is only a temporary sale, but wouldn't it have made a bit more sense to drop to $2.99 instead of $1.99? I mean, yes, it's temporary, but this game was rising up the charts due to the release of the lite version already, so there wasn't that much of a need for what would be considered a more drastic price drop as opposed to a less drastic one.

Obviously this is a great deal for gamers who were on the fence...but how many of them would've bought it at $2.99 as opposed to $1.99? And when a more permanent price drop happens in the future, the expectation will be for the game to go back down to $1.99. Sometimes I wonder what sellers are thinking....

Anway, if you were on the fence, now you have absolutely no excuse not to buy. It'll give you your baseball fix while you what for Flick Baseball (or whatever that Freeverse game is called), Earl Weaver Baseball, and the biggie (as yet unannounced, but only a matter of time) Gameloft's Derek Jeter Pro Baseball 2009.

16. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    There is no competition.

This is a substantive game b/c it has been around since 2004 in other platforms. It is however just a port, not optimized for the iphones feature sets.

You may wait for Freeverse's and Handheld Games' baseball apps in the next few months.

17. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    I'm unsure to get it or not. I like the lite version, but i find it very very difficult to get a hit. Making contact isnt the hard part, but the opposing teams' fielders are amazing and get everything. Any opinions/comments?

18. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Well if x sales multiplied by $1.99 is greater than y sales multiplied by $2.99, then it is worth it.

Perhaps consumers are more inclined to make impulse purchases when there is a "0" or "1" at the beginning of the price point. There may be some phychological effect, tantamount to why products are priced at $0.99 and not $1.00.

19. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    Price drops are subjective and many times, there is no rationale say a $1.99 or $2.99 price point. Obviously you have a broader audience with potential buyers at $1.99 vs $2.99. The $1 difference impacts different audiences and attitudes. While BB Superstars is doing well, price drops for "not doing so well apps" are also used to gauge whether there is enough interest to warrant further development. If not enough people buy even with a price drop, then it's usually a sign to move on.

20. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I know there's no competition, hence my comment in response to the poster who said it was the best baseball game in the app store. I guess my sarcasm wasn't evident. :)
    Don't get me wrong, I have this game, but it is quite evident that it's a port. But, still deep strategy/gameplay....