Universal Baseball Highlights 2045 (by Peter Kossits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jan 26, 2016.

1. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
  2. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Got my third Series win on the Easy level! Can't say much but expect a beating early on and build up a better team towards the end! Good luck!

3. peterk1

peterk1 New Member

Jan 18, 2016
    I didn't forget reading this all those months ago.

Promises kept guys! Phone layout and new solo mode versus AI (Easy skill level) just went out to Apple for review. It's a free update to iPad customers. It's been up on Google Play for about a week already.

The first batch of expansions and the Medium skill level for the AI will be next.

I apologize for the China / Japan thing but it was out of my hands. Those countries both recently passed laws requiring stores outside their countries to collect their nations' sales taxes for sales originating inside Japan / China. I don't have an easy way to do what they are asking for and I'm not willing to take the risk and challenge their enforcement of their law.

4. hedgey

hedgey Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Just saw this game pop on the App Store.

Baseball Highlights 2045 by Peter Kossits
    https://appsto.re/us/0-QY7.i

Any impressions for someone who like board games? How's the single player aspect?

5. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    #25 skoptic, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    This dev really needs a designer or anyone with ux experience on the project......

It might be just me but this looks unplayable on an iPhone 6s. Are all the cards supposed to be stacked weirdly on the left so you can't see them?

I have played a fair it on iPad - but iPhone looks broken or so badly laid out as to render unplayable.

6. hedgey

hedgey Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    That's disappointing to hear.

Thanks for your response.

7. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    So to update.... Yes the app has always looked very poorly presented (squashed aspect ratio clip art, very dubious UX choices) - but on an iPad is playable and a good game.

On the iPhone I think that the lack of any design or UX skills makes it considerable worse. The players hand is dealt to the left of the board, into a stack (during which all the cards change size, and seem to stack a few on top of each other, then s few underneath the rest which is immediately confusing). You have 6(?) cards... And you can only view one st a time, but the stack have infinite rotate, so it's really difficult to actually assess what cards you have, it's just an endless loop of similar looking cards.

The hand management alone was an instant delete on iPhone, there are so many apps which deal with this situation more gracefully that I can only assume that the the choice is by design or through lack of ability to deliver a more graceful solution.

Apart from the general app design (which usually makes me wince while playing) and this layout (which smacks of being made by someone with extensive knowledge of the game and cards but no beta testing group outside those criteria) the app is good.

It's great to get AI and I hate to be all negative about the app and iPhone implementation, but a bit of love (from a qualified professional) could make this app really good.

8. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    It has been updated for phones was just iPad
    This game is a baseball board game and it's baseball in the year 2045 which is way better :)
    Glad i can play it on my 6s plus now
    No issues and I'm really enjoying playing it
    It does take some time to get the hang of the rules etc

9. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    This is a great board/card game
    Just updated today to add an expansion pack of new cards! Makes the game even better.

10. uhdrill

uhdrill Active Member

Jan 6, 2013
    What a steal of a sale! I highly recommend anyone to pick this up, it's still the most played app on my phone. Also, it says iPad only but it's universal.

11. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Got this on sale and I'm enjoying it so much I went right for the expansions. Unfortunately, it only lets me buy the first expansion. The second and third give me "unknown error." I want to give you my money, but it won't let me. Is this a known issue?