Barren Roads: Multiplayer Apocalypse Fallout/DayZ Survival Game iOS

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by voncarp, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    No worries. Peace :)

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hyper hype! Those screenies look great!

3. Tylerdarden

Tylerdarden Active Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Sweden
    An ambitious developer with a great game and humble attitude, we have something to look forward to. But i have a suggestion or a reminder, release it in NZ appstore, a soft launch you know.

4. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Damn right,it's an Ambitious Developer with lot of passion in games,that can be an option,but,not now,it's in early stage,but I see the game become better,bigger,with lot of stuff,as he add new features every days..

5. Yes. At the moment the raiders are very challenging. I made the game, and they do a pretty good job of taking me out. Further testing will help balance the difficulty level. A couple of your buddies will make a really huge difference in taking out raiders considering the raiders can only shoot at one target at a time.

Thanks! I can see loads of potential with base building. I was adverse to base building initially, but I can see why now people enjoy it. I'd rather destroy bases than build them :) And with that, I got some cool ideas on how to take some of these bases down :D

It will be for Android, no worries. I haven't spent much time advertising this for other platforms at the moment. It will play the same. However, the PC/Mac version is going to need quite a bit of graphics and controls overhaul.

Thanks!

I like to get a few more new features in and polish up some core gameplay aspects. I am more than happy to get this in everyone's hands, but it still needs some heavy testing and work.

After some more progress, I'll try to put together another video showing some new ideas added to Barren Roads. I like to show tangible progress instead of listing a whole bunch of ideas and promises in a future update somewhere down the road. Most of the new stuff I added work pretty good, but needs to be a little more user friendly.

I'll probably make a video of a mixed bag of features that you can do in Barren Roads outside of combat. Should be much easier to do because I won't have to keep redoing the video if I get killed 15 seconds into it or my car flips over :rolleyes:

6. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Voncarp,when will you start doing testflight beta?Just curious,do you have an estimate time for this event?:D

7. I've got ongoing tests from time to time. I am likely to expand testing as I make more progress. I do notice that my online server is mainly empty since I only use a very small amount of testers and they are scattered around the world. Once, I advance the online world to a more consistent state, I'll probably expand testers.

8. Playing with some special effects. Came up with a cinematic scene.

9. Spracky

Spracky Active Member

Mar 11, 2015
  10. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    that means time to add more testers :D

j/k :p

11. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Looking nicer again.
    It'll be very interesting to see what effects will make it in to the final mobile build.
    Either way, it's looking good.
    And definitely reinforcing that this will be my go to game when it hits.

12. phantom197

phantom197 New Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Hey voncarp! If you are still adding guns, you should have one of the first guns be a chiappa little badger. It is a .22 single shot break action little survival rifle! It looks cool and could maybe be found in a car? Also you should add a revolver like a s&w model 19! Game looks great just heard about it today! Gonna be an instabuy!

13. I'm going to have to put together a new beta test list since the transfer of Test Flight. It's not quite ready yet, but I'll keep everyone posted.

Yeah, thats a static scene. No background and very little activity. I'll probably use that scene for character customization. If I were to make this for metal only devices, I could make the whole game look like that.

Thanks! I'll see what I can do. I initially took .22 caliber weapons out. But, I'm open for requests. Damage system is very basic in Barren Roads. The bigger the bullet, the more damage it inflicts. Not necessarily based on real life as .22 have proven fatal, but for the time being it works. I probably need to add more handguns, so a S&W 19 could easily work. I think I only have about 7-8 pistols in game.

The Chiappa looks like a pretty cool firearm :)

14. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

15. Red_saaryn

Red_saaryn Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Writer
    If you are open for request i should recommend a riot police shield and body armor, or swords, maybe something easy to craft like a entirely made of wood lance or sword, something for melee, or the ability to throw rocks agains your enemies, because nothing says " you sinner " like someone throwing rocks or burning things

16. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

#336 Anonomation, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
    Maybe the rocks, but it's meant to be a survival multiplayer, not a joke around with your friends survival from what I read. It's up to the dev anyway but I don't like the idea of the riot police shield and body armor and swords. Maybe a way to UPGRADE your protection, and show a little of physical change? Ideas are ideas but do they really fit the survival setting, not including the biohazards from the nuke?
    And axe or hammer or bat would make more sense. Something similar maybe.

17. DrewDiddy17

DrewDiddy17 Member

Nov 15, 2013
    This looks like something I will purchase upon release.
    What's the release price going to be? And when is it going to release?
    Defintiely looks like a lot of hard work has been put into this game.

18. jdawg101

jdawg101 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Another good weapon idea is that maybe you could craft a crossbow/bow or you could find it in a shack.

19. #339 voncarp, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    I have body armor in the game already.

Good read. I have 200 clothing, weapons, and items. I'm going to redo the main character again at some point and increase customization and clothing items. For the time being I try to keep items that fit within the world. For instance, there are no laser guns. But, I also need to make sure that there are enough options there for people to set up their character based on their playing style.

I have some RPG components and skill sets that I am working on and will focus more on later that will allow the player to have a better feel on how they want to play the game.

Jack of all trades or a specialized killer. The choice is yours.

I haven't set a definite price yet. Stay tuned. And I'm uncertain about a release date at the moment. Barren Roads was Greenlit on Steam a few months ago, but I didn't rush it. I have many options for a release, like Steam Early Access. However, I am still contemplating what would be a good approach for a unique and great player experience.

Sadly, I'm certain that wasn't a very good answer to your questions.

Sure. Crossbows are great weapons with low sound. Won't have to alert everyone in the area. Excellent for sneak attacks. What would you suggest would be needed to craft a bow or crossbow?

20. swimmingcub

swimmingcub Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    It would be cool if you had 2 different types if bows, one being a hand made bow, made of a good stick, and some type of string/ maybe a bungie cord?? And then another complex bow that's crafted with like some type of metal/plastic? With multiple strings/bungie cords, and maybe a red dot sight