Universal Bardbarian - (by Bulkypix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 15, 2014.

1. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Ok so no one replied so I bought the game and the coin doubler from the start.

Firstly, this game is freakin awesome! The game is designed to make you grind the first days wave quite a few times to upgrade. But this never feels like a grind as you always notice the progress you are making with each set of upgrades and the games so fun to play that it doesn't feel like a grind.

Secondly, I bought the coin doubler from the start and I strongly reccommend that anyone getting this does the same. It doesn't feel overpower and I don't feel like it unbalanced the game at all. But I do feel like there is no grind, only fun as you make a serious amount of dough for upgrades each time you play!

My only gripes along with others are, it would be great to have more than 3 character slots as an upgrade.

Also it would be great if you could disable the solo cutscenes. They don't bother me at all, but I imagine they will after the 1000th time!

Anyways, awesome work devs. Most addictive game I've bought since knightmare tower (pretty similar in terms of upgrade balancing!)

2. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    #122 Jrec15, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
    Sorry no one helped you out- didn't see it in time. But im glad you're enjoying it and i agree with everything you said. You dont HAVE to get the doubler, but with it you open up new playstyles like adding the engineer/dwarf/knight that make the experience more fun but not overpowered, as well as speeding up some of the grinding but still definitely getting your money's worth from the campaign. I also wish there would have been when a way to upgrade to 4/5 character slots. Having 3 does make things more challenging, but less variety is never really fun

Also- any love for the nechromancer? I never tried her out but love the idea behind her. I didn't understand what the zombies did besides take hits and die though

3. wigzisonfire

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Cheers dude, yea I totally agree with the IAP being totally optional. But I totally reccommend it lol! Just think of the game as £1.49. In my opinion this game is more than worth 69p anyway. It's just takes the grind away!

Who do you reccommend out of dwarf, engineer and knight?!

4. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    #124 Jrec15, Jan 17, 2014
    I've personally only bought the engineer so far. My take on him is that his turrets seem weak at first, however i'm pretty sure they got stronger as i upgraded him (i can't 100% confirm that though- it may just be they get stronger as he levels up within a round). I've been using 2 engineers, 2 wizards, & 1 tank. The idea being i can just plant horizontal to enemies, let the engineers do their thing, gain extra notes from being idle, while the wizards keep knocking the enemy back. So it's been fun :) I think i'm going for the knight next

5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Just letting you know I'm having major problems today, on survival whenever I try to retry it won't work at all then freezes when I go to shop. Also on story now whenever I press shop or anything at the end it won't load at all. Tried quitting in multitask but still always happens even reset the device but still happens.

Currently I'm trying black Mage, wizard and warlock. Although I do like the ninja and engineer too having to chose 3 is very tough especially if you wan to include a healer as you serverly limit yourself! More than 3 choice please.

6. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Just played two games in a row where upon death I press visit shop and it freezes on the loading screen. Playing on iPad air iOS 7.0.4

7. esdotdev

esdotdev Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    #127 esdotdev, Jan 17, 2014
    Just wanted to give an update on the bug situation for you guys.

We have 3 main issues that we're focused on right now:
    1. Game won't get past Logo Screen. This is top priority.
    2. Game gets stuck, or crashes when returning to Store.
    3. Healer Bug, never stops healing, and breaks your combo meter.

We will be working through the weekend, and hopefully by Monday will issue an expedited review request from Apple. As long as our Publisher is cool with it, we could have a fix in hands for you by Tuesday/Wednesday. That's best case scenario, not a promise ;)

Because we can't really reproduce these issues on our devices, we will need testers. Anyone who is experiencing issues 1 or 2, and would like to help us test builds over the weekend, please PM me.

Please refrain from posting too many negative reviews, we're already getting a lot and it's dragging down our rating a lot. We're just a 2 man team, and only one of us can code, so we're doing our best!

Thanks!

8. FrehleyzComet

FrehleyzComet Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Foreman
    Pennsylvania
    No worries from me. I gave you a 5 star review.

9. FrehleyzComet

FrehleyzComet Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Foreman
    Pennsylvania
    Sorry, double posted somehow.

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I still have you 5 stars here and App Store : ) I still love the game and I'm sure you'll get it sorted.

11. rittchard

rittchard Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Still loving the game and recommending it to all my friends.

I did run into a memory leak (?) or something last night. Around 2 minutes into Survival the frame rate dropped to a slideshow like pace. It actually helped me since it slowed everything down but clearly it wasn't working as intended. This is on a retina Mini with latest iOS, etc.

12. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Ever since it happened the first time earlier today now it happens every time. Die and touch visit shop and it freezes on load up screen. A minor annoyance for an awesome game.

13. wigzisonfire

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Everyone that hasn't, post up a meaty 5star review on App Store. It would be devastating if a few impatient spotty kids drag this game down with what is a minor complaint! Yes my game has frozen on occasion but thank the man above that it keeps all your gold!

This game is epic! The storm knight brings tears to my eyes he is so damn good!

14. esdotdev

Nov 24, 2011
    Ya, we (I) screwed up big time by not including a "Rate our App" prompt, so we're getting double whammied, not as many positive reviews as normal, and lots of negative's :(

Good news is that with the help of Jrec15 we're already closing in on the problem :cool:

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    And this, my friends, is why I really was adamant about including devs published by big name publishers in the indie GoTY thread. This two man team is working their asses off for this game. If that's not "indie", I don't know what is.

On topic, no worries here, estotdev, I haven't had much of a chance to dig into this game but what I have played has been great.

16. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    When I star a fresh run the following happens

1. I spawn four archers all max level
    2. I kill everything in the first spawn cycle
    3. I pick up my remaining 2 mages and another archer
    4. First spawn ends, second spawn dosent start. I am still fully able to torun around, smell the flowers, listen to the music but no spawn 2 enemies.
    5. I hit quit, center skull spins one time half way then stops, never moves again

iPad air, 64gig on wifi with house cable modem.

17. esdotdev

Nov 24, 2011
    ATTENTION: Looks like we may have a temp fix for the Loading Screen lockup issue. Simply sign out of Game Centre, and you should no longer see lock ups.

It seems it has to do with submitting a progress value that is not between 0 and 100... LAME!

Please confirm whether or not this has worked for you.
    Thanks!

18. Diaboliq

Diaboliq Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Mine only froze once, and I don't normally post on here, but WOW what a great game! It's about time a game like this comes out that I feel like playing for more then 2 days! Awesome job devs, gonna put a 5 star right now

19. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Signing out of Game Center seems to do the trick.

20. wigzisonfire

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    P.S. These devs are awesome! Posting and conversing like they are one of us!!!