Universal Bardbarian - (by Bulkypix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 15, 2014.

1. esdotdev

esdotdev Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Are you just interested in listening to the music tracks??

The guy who did the music gave us a "Soundtrack" with all the songs in one, and we're trying to figure out the best way to deliver it to you guys. Maybe a $1 purchase? Or maybe just unlockable content when you beat the game? More people probably get to experience it if we make an IAP. I guess we could do both...

2. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    #102 Jrec15, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
    Hmm i got the doubler, which was great for 2 long runs, but my last couple did not get doubled.. They were less long (only 1-2 waves). Will update after playing more later but might be a glitch

Edit: Eh nevermind probably just my mistake. I thought there was a doubling animation at the end, but if it just doubles instantly when you collect then all is good

3. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I say if you beat the game you get the soundtrack and for people that don't want to beat the game Mabey price it? But for beating the game and getting a soundtrack is a awesome reward.

4. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Ok please PM me when u do

5. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Yep, that sounds great!

Also, any info on how to access "wave 21"?

6. Ben909

Ben909 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Ipad 3, iOS 7.0.4 - I'm yet to make it past the developer logo :(

7. esdotdev

esdotdev Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Haha that is a total bug... but now I feel like we should make it happen for ya ;)

8. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Haha yeah that would be awesome. Especially if your bardbarian can now ride the T-Rex! Just send a CRAZY army at him haha

9. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Helpp

2 questions for those of you who have played this game since launch.

1) should I buy this game? / why?

2) should I buy the doubler from the start?

10. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Argh, if i knew you are also releasing on steam, i would have waited for steam version :eek:

11. angua2105

angua2105 Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Yes, exactly. I even waited a few minutes, but nothing happened.

12. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    i saw some gameplay of this and seemed confused, this game only has 4 long lvls? seems like its short and grindy am I wrong?

13. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    There are 20 waves that are divided into 4 sections (morning, afternoon, evening and night). Every 5th wave has a big boss fight. Once you beat a boss, you can start a new game from that check point.

You basically try to survive as long as you can (like an endless game), but you make real progress whenever you reach a check point.

It can be a bit grindy, but it goes by much faster once you get the rat thing that grabs gold for you. Also, the gold doubler (IAP) will speed things up as well.

14. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
  15. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    Great game on the ipad....runs like an absolute dog on the 4s though!

16. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Could you add an option to disable the guitar cutscenes?
    They are well made but do get old after seeing them 100 times. I would prefer if it played the sound but not paused the game.

17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Congrats on completing the game Zaraf, I've just started toying with the turrets too but they seem to die pretty quickly, been tempted to try the dwarf next any thoughts on him?

Just wanted I post to report two bugs really number 1 I've seen a few times when I lost the town hall I clicked shop and it just froze on a loading screen. Number 2 and most most frustrating is I played for about 4 hours last night and at some point the game for some reason stopped charging my stun skill, played a few survival and story and it wouldn't work at all, I has to close the game completely and reopen and then it started to charge again.

As for the healer I'm not too bothered how she works right now, my only problem is when I have a full party I have to wait for someone to die to get her out maybe if we could retire a hero by choice? Also I still only have 3 slots for different characters and taking one up with a healer limits my choices is there a reason we can only have 3 different character types?

18. angua2105

angua2105 Member

Nov 29, 2012
    #118 angua2105, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
    I seem to have found another bug, occured three times now: I get to the end of wave 11 but then no new monsters appear. All the while I am still generating notes and the ratcoon diligently collects fish, bacon and gold sack. I can't restart or go back to the menue.

I'm quite sad as I cannot play the game any further. The error occured when I started from morning as well as when I started from midday. :-(

PS: I just rebooted the ipad and tried from midday on. Still the same - at the end of wave 11 nothing happens.

19. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    I get the title screen and it locks up. It just freezes on an iPad 4 64Gb. Same deal after clearing more space and reinstalling several times.

20. FrehleyzComet

FrehleyzComet Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Foreman
    Pennsylvania
    I agree. My only real gripe with the game.