Universal Bardbarian - (by Bulkypix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Rosso

Rosso Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Joystick? Nooooooooooo! So sad.

2. JahkanTaka

JahkanTaka Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013

Thanks for the reply and I have some mostly good news. I was able to get the game working on my touch, but far from perfect. It seems that any loading screen has about 50/50 chance of crashing the app. But now when it crashes I am usually able to restart the game and get back into gameplay on the first try. Getting into the game far enough to have a profile save seems to have helped, I guess.

Some issues:
    1. stuttering after each wave, but not quite enough to ruin gameplay
    2. severe stuttering on the first boss wave that renders the game unplayable
    3. frequent stuttering in survival mode
    4. Ok this isn't an issue, just wanted to say that when the game does work, it's F***ING AWESOME!:D

Also, it is a low memory issue. I looked in the diagnostics on my touch and there are low memory crash logs for Bardbarian. If it would help I could pm one to you.

Thanks again.

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #63 JCho133, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    Holy cow this is good!

Definitely my game if the week

4. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Awesome game, keep adding music from time to time, it rocks!

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Wow I missed this one, certainly looks good, but before I buy it... what is the golden axe IAP it has?

6. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Near as I can tell it is a doin doubler, it's pretty vague to be honest heh. One time buy permanent effect though

7. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    The axe is a $.99 permanent coin doubler, gold is also for sale directly. not too big of a deal, i just like to play a game with just the right amount of currency, and doublers complicate things because i dont want to make the game too easy. There are a lot of upgrades though, i have not played enough yet to get a good idea so time will tell if the doubler is necessary (though i will add the survival/endless modes both work without upgrades, so no gold is necessary to enjoy those).
    Anyway, wish i had more time to play, but from the 1 wave i played the game seems great! Im terrible for now, but hopefully that will change :)

8. 1888aa

1888aa New Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Love the game man just wanted to report a bug I think. The healer seems to kill herself when she goes to heal, even when the person she's healing gets full health. Also when she damages herself it resets your stun meter.
    Other then that great game, keep up the good work!

9. esdotdev

esdotdev Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Sure, that would be great :) Send it to [email protected].

Thanks for all the props guys, really feels good to read em, you have no idea :D

10. esdotdev

Nov 24, 2011
    Oh snap, nice catch. She shouldn't mess with your combo meter when healing...

She is supposed to die though. Think of her as a Healthpack with legs ;) That's why she's so cheap to summon, and still gives you some notes when she dies.

11. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Just had a quick look at the gameplay vid from sanuka - after i saw the bodyspray, i had to buy the game :D

12. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Ok guys this game is fantastic! Really a lot of fun. Do yourself a favor and buy this now.

13. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    #73 Jrec15, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    One question to the developer: Can you further explain what all the individual "level ups" mean exactly? I'm guessing it is not a permanent upgrade, and only applies to your current play through. Does this mean when a character dies and you summon a new one, the new character starts again at level one and is weaker? Does this also mean that starting the game directly from noon, rather than morning, puts you at a disadvantage because none of your units are leveled up? Thanks for the help.
    Also just tried out survival, seems very well set up rather than buying units you kind of rescue them to have them join your team, but man is it hard :D will be a fun mode to get better at

Edit: Also I am not fully understanding the "friends" upgrade. I bought it, but either don't know how to pay the townspeople to join me, or they are just not doing so. Town drunk & pet are both working great though :)

14. driscoll14

driscoll14 Member

Oct 10, 2013
    This game is so awesome. I am having such a good time with it. I am going to buy the coin doubler to throw a little bit more support towards the debelopers

15. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Would also love to see Jrec's questions answered. Just finally had time to play my first game and I'm very happy with it, I never buy doublers but did it anyway just because of the style of the game and the music! Hopefully it'll mean updates in the future.

Not far yet as I've only unlocked the healer and wizard, played a little survival too and my only gripe there is I completely understand upgrades not being included here but I really would love the pet to come along and collect gold, I don't see how that would affect anything. As I died a few times getting gold for myself as I hate to leav it laying there. I'd rather it just be about the skill rather than greed : )

Also you mentioned possibly a kind of endless mode in the future where we can play with upgrades from the shop?

16. esdotdev

Nov 24, 2011
    Good questions :)

The upgrades increase a few subtle things for your caracter: damage, fire rate and defence. So a level 5 follower is significantly better than level 1. You can purchase an upgrade for your town, so your followers spawn at max level. Something extra cool happens when you max out those upgrades as well.... *hint hint*

'Friends' drop resources around town. You can visit the fisherman to get some free notes, butcher to get some bacon (health) or the blacksmith for some gold. At max level, your Ratcoon may even help you pick em up ;)

17. esdotdev

Nov 24, 2011
    Endless Mode is actually a small endless runner, almost like a cross between Jetpack Joyride, and oldschool Mario 3 Floating Airships. It looks something like this:
    [​IMG]

We will be adding a New Game+ mode for people, so there is something to spend money on once you've wrapped the main game.

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    When is the Android version of this coming out?

19. esdotdev

Nov 24, 2011
    2 weeks, with Steam right on the heels, we've already been Greenlit! Also, GamePad support should be coming in the next update, which will probably be live in 2-3 weeks.

20. Jrec15

Jrec15 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Thanks for the response, very cool. So is level 5 max level? And when their health bar is gold and sparkly, im guessing that means they are at max level?
    I will have to pay more attention to the friends then but that makes sense. I have never gotten any bacon, but may have gotten some gold/notes and didnt notice. Also, endless mode sounds great! Sounds like a cool variation in the game. Im very impressed overall.
    For those wondering, the doubler definitely does not seem necessary to enjoy the experience. I haven't purchased it (yet) but it does seem like if you choose to it would speed up advancing through story mode without making the game TOO easy. Without it, there seems a little more "grinding" involved, meaning failing at the story mode a couple times but still receiving a good amount of gold for your efforts. With the doubler being available for only additional .99, i don't see IAP as an issue here at all