Universal Bardbarian - (by Bulkypix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    You need to have at least 400Mb of free space on your device for the game to run past the splash screen. Delete some stuff and it should run. That's what I've had to do with my 4th gen and Air both.

I love the game but I hate like hell the fact that it won't run without a large chunk of free space. I've seen this on a half dozen games over the last year or so and the devs usually patch the game to fix what is a memory hogging issue once they learn there's an issue, (the term other devs used to describe the problem). No luck here though. After buying the game and the Golden Ax add-on I ended up just deleting the game because that's a lot of real-estate that could be used by a lot of other titles. I'll either get the PC version if/when that comes out or just forget the game altogether.

2. jontas

jontas Member

Jan 30, 2013
    That fixed it, thanks! Now if only it would stop showing me ads considering I bought it when it first came out AND I bought the golden axe IAP. I didn't get free coins and I'm seeing ads, quite frustrating. I'm going to try saving my stuff to iCloud and reinstalling. I didn't want to reinstall before because I would've lost my data but now that the app launches that is no longer a problem.

3. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#663 Anotherkellydown, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
    Anyone??

Edit: NM - got it after playing through story mode again. I like the update, and the ads aren't too bad. Just a bummer the game didn't make enough money being "Premium".

Started a new game on insane mode. Got to level everything back up again but it's getting me back into the game.

4. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    You're getting ads even though you bought the golden axe? That doesn't seem right. Why would they do that? Try restoring purchases, maybe that will remove the ads?

5. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Same happened to me and reinstalling didnt help.

6. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Strange... You must restore purchases to get the golden axe for each separate file. :eek:

And it looks like your Day 2 furthest wave passed actually is visible offline: on the file select screen.
    "Wave 22/20."
    "Wave 23/20."

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    How do you restore purchases? I haven't found the option...

8. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    If I remember it correctly, it was on the IAP menu, under it. Next to the Golden Axe. I may be wrong though, havent played it since I beat it...

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ah, thanks... that little circle arrow thingy - I completely overlooked it. =oP

10. Yui4ever

Yui4ever Member

Nov 17, 2012
    France
    Which units do you use ?

11. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    #671 Snotty128, May 11, 2014
    Last edited: May 11, 2014
    The state of the AppStore is totally broken. I would never have picked up this gem of a game for a dollar, but I've tried it for free and I'm more than happy to buy the gold doubler after seeing the quality of the game. I hope you guys get to enjoy a beer on me.

Right now I'm rocking 5 maxed out archers. I thought wizards were going to be the next evolution, but they only attack on the horizontal.

12. scape211

scape211 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Graphic Designer
    I did the same. I miss the days in the app store when they made lite versions of everything. If I had tested this game with that, i certainly would have bought the full version. In either case though i still bought it so this model works at least.

I was doing 5 archers but have since moved to some archers (or mages) and ninjas and possibly even one dwarf when i got to 6/7 party members. He's quite nice to slow down larger targets and move close with ninjas who can chew them up fast. IMO ninjas seem to be one of the most balanced units as the game goes on. Archers are solid for the first 2 to 3 bosses though.

13. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    That doesn't sound so much broken as rather advantageous both for the developers and for yourself. (The former gets 3 dollars instead of one, and you get a quality game you would not otherwise have invested in.)

14. esdotdev

esdotdev Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Just hit the little arrow beside the Golden Axe card in the store to restore your purchase.

15. esdotdev

Nov 24, 2011
    Thanks for letting us know about this issue, we'll look into it. It might just be an issue with Adobe AIR, as we don't actually use anywhere near that much space, but we'll see.

16. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    #676 PoloBaquerizoH, May 14, 2014
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
    At least 500mb free for the game to run on Ipad Air, no this game need's a FIX , even with 966mb this game still dont runs, unable to play it

17. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    #677 Duke12, May 14, 2014
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
    Would if I could but theres no such thing afais. Only twitter button, remove ads which does nothing and it says axe is sold out.

Edit:apparently i had to start.a new save, sorted now.

18. esdotdev

Nov 24, 2011
    So weird, the game itself is like 60mb, and we don't expand or uncompress any files after install.

Thanks for the help though, this explains some of the random bug reports we've gotten of the game being stuck.

19. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I can confirm this to be a problem. The game will hang at the tree tower logo screen for me when I don't have more than the required space available. iPad 3 user, latest iOS version, 64GB if that info is necessary...

20. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    this has been an issue since day 1 when i got it originally. i run into it frequently enough (in other games) that I've just tuned it out and know to delete stuff when I hit that issue. happened again after the last patch to this game, haven't bothered to delete stuff for the bard again, but eventually will.