Universal Bardbarian - (by Bulkypix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 15, 2014.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I have removed ads and I got the 15000 bonus. I didn't have the golden axe so restore purchases didn't do anything for me. But it's still well balanced without it

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    An iTunes password thingy popped up after updating, what was it for? I hit cancel. Was that how we were supposed to get the golden axe after updating?

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I got everything. No ads, 15k, and i already have the golden axe so that was all good.

Despite the unfortunate convert to freemium, this game is still fantastic, one of the best on the appstore.

Just unlocked Octodad in insane. This game is insane. I love it.

4. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Quite disappointed with that 15k bonus.

I can easily earn it in a few levels. :(

5. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I had already had this with the golden axe. Maxed out nearly everything. The new characters was nice as was the extra gold. A nice gesture, no normally seen when games convert to freemuim, big thanks to the devs for caring about their customers. I have this on Android as well, will this also convert to freemuim as it hasn't yet ?

Great game with no excuse not to get it now its free.

6. bambambam

bambambam Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    #646 bambambam, May 8, 2014
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
    I got to wave 38 on Day 2. It wasn't really because it got too difficult. My thumb got sweaty and it wasn't registering my movments well. I ended up running into those skateboarding goblins. I ended up with like 170,000 gold in that one run though. Everything maxed. How's everyone else doing with Day 2?

New heroes are fun. They're not that strong but they're different and interesting.

Shellrazer - You have to be stationery for a little bit for it to shoot. I thought it was bugged for a moment. Fun for a normal playthrough but obviously a no for day 2 or insane.

Octodad - Kinda disappointing. I thought a unit that could ONLY hit at melee range would have a crazy strong attack. It's just 14 damage. I was hoping for ninja-level attack power which would make him crazy fun.

MeatStack - Interesting...shoots really fast at medium range. I haven't tested him much.

7. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I haven't tried it since the update. Has anyone gotten the 360noscopeblazeit achievement? I beat the story from start to finish without dying three different times and never got it.

8. marc341

marc341 Member

Sep 5, 2012
    No golden lute?

I paid for this game when it came out and when i started it up again it gave me my bonus 15000 gold and no ads but it didn't give me the doubler

9. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Lucky you. I got none.

10. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I think they decided to not include the golden axe because I mean, that would be too much. We only payed $1 for this. I know it was only $1 at first, but if you didn't buy it then I don't think it makes sense to get it. That would be like them giving us $2 for spending $1.

11. jontas

jontas Member

Jan 30, 2013
    When I launch it on my iPad Air it just hangs on the TreeFortresss splash screen. I've had it installed since it launched but haven't played in a month or two--any ideas how to fix? I'm worried if I delete it and reinstall I'll lose my data/early purchase bonuses. I tried rebooting..

12. rrevbra

rrevbra Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe logout from GC or turn off internet ? I have this problem with many games and almost all of them because the game is trying to access my GC profile

13. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Well at least if you bought the golden axe already you spent $1 + $1 instead of $3. I saved a dollar. :p

14. unlimitedfury

unlimitedfury Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Bought the game when it was a dollar. Went to play again and now there's ads. I would be fine with no Golden Axe but tough to deal with the ads when I already bought it. Any way to get rid of the ads?

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Uhhh, try restoring purchases? Not sure if you can do anything if you didn't have the app on your device when you updated

16. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #656 Intendro, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
    If you bought it before, you're supposed to see a screen that says thanks for you support, and that you get no ads. And 15,000(?) gold on the first save file you load.

I don't know how that works for sure, but maybe it can tell if you updated the game to this version from having save data, meaning you needed it installed before.
    Maybe if you have the game backed up on your computer in iTunes, you could install the previous version and then update?

17. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    How did I miss this one until now?

I guess I just assumed it was yet another rhythm game and, with Bulkypix involved, it would be pure freemium nonsense...but I was wrong.

18. jontas

jontas Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Thanks for the reply, those are good suggestions, but unfortunately no luck. Tried it with airplane mode on, and then logged out of GC and tried again. Both just hang on that splash.

19. urban083

urban083 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Same problem here. Reinstalled the game after seeing they updated with new characters. The ads aren't terrible and i will deal with them but it still seems like i shouldn't have to see them for purchasing the game on its release

20. unlimitedfury

unlimitedfury Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Apparently word is that you have to have an iCloud save for it to register as already being installed. I didn't. Haven't deleted the game since I bought it so that's not the issue. I just got really frustrated seeing the ad so I stopped playing. Maybe will go back and see how it's implemented.