Universal Bardbarian - (by Bulkypix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 15, 2014.

1. esdotdev

esdotdev Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    If you have iCloud disabled, and have never purchased an IAP, then the best we can probably do is unlock your local copy if you upgrade over it. There won't be any real way for us to know you're a paid user.

Of course, if you've purchased the Golden Axe, then you can just restore it on any device, and that will remove ads.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ithink this is what it should always have been.

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I already have the golden axe I do think if the game goes free it's price should rise as you said. I don't feel as annoyed about it going free now though as if I really loved the game I'd of spent the 69p to remove the ads maybe anyway. Although I hope you make it clear that a purchase will remove all ads or people may delete thinking the ads will always be there.

If it means you may get extra cash for possible updates I'm happy too.

4. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I will just restore my Golden Axe then, bought it soon after launch and still playing it here and there (still need to unlock Day 2). Best of luck. :)

Any plans for making it for PS4?

5. esdotdev

Nov 24, 2011
    We HAVE actually made first contact with the PSVita guys, and they seem stoked about it! Gonna hook up with them at PAX to see if we can make something happen.

Not sure about PS4, but I imagine it shouldn't be too hard to do once we're on Vita.

6. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #626 Intendro, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    Meh, iCloud... I have a spare dollar anyway. *throws dollar at you guys for Golden Axe and no ads*
    :)

When is this update happening, anyway? And is it also a bug fix update? (Mentioned earlier: The Storm Knight missing upgrade, in at least my current Normal file. Also Day 2 not showing my high score offline.)

7. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Great, looking forward to that :)

8. esdotdev

Nov 24, 2011
    May 8th is the penciled in date, and ya we'll try and pack in as many bug fixes as we can for sure, and fix any issues with Day 2.

9. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Does the iPhone version have those 3 extra units that the PC version has like Super Meatboy?

10. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    Not now... They said they need permission.

Shouldn't be too hard to convince the owners of those characters, right? It's more advertising having them on another game console. Come on, give us the units... :eek:

Well, at least the Shellrazer unit shouldn't be a problem, right? Shellrazer is on iOS. :p

11. esdotdev

Nov 24, 2011
    Well, we have confirmation on both Shellrazer and Octodad :)

Now we just need everyone's fingers crossed that TeamMeat will see fit to make it a clean sweep!

12. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Got the golden axe on my ipad, how can I restore purchases for my phone? Just purchased today, excited to play!!

13. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #633 Intendro, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    If you already bought an IAP, it should inform you of this and let you download again free if you try to buy it again.

Last I checked this doesn't happen until after you confirm the purchase... which would be too late to check and see if you already got it. Apple apparently wasn't thinking clearly here. :rolleyes:

This is why games tend to have a seperate restore purchases button even though it isn't actually necessary (well, that and a restore purchases button would also restore every purchase in the app at once).

You could delete credit card info before trying to "buy" an IAP to make sure you don't actually buy one you already have. (That won't work for gift card credit though, I don't think you can disable gift card money if you have any.)

14. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Holy cow yes! The indie guest stars were added!

15. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Thankfully I have my saved game stored on Dropbox so I can check it out. Thanks for the info :)

16. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I dig the unique unlock requirements for the indie units

17. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    All three!
    Can't resist bad pun... This rocks! :cool:

Also, my normal file has its Storm Knight's final level up upgrade available now, so that's fixed.

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Bulkypix / Treefortress needs to teach other devs how to switch from premium to freemium. Not sure how restoring purchases did the trick to prove you bought the app itself, but other than releasing a separate app, this was the smoothest transition I've seen yet.

Bravo!

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Strange, I don't remember getting the Golden Axe, but just pressing restore purchases seemed to both unlock the axe and remove ads .

Either that or I have really bad memory ;)

20. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    I don't see my Day 2 high score in-game. :(
    Game Center doesn't work offline for my own score, so... >_<