Universal Barcode Knight (by Magic Cube)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Mephala

Mephala Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    #41 Mephala, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    I can't seem to combine items. I have 2 of the same sword and 2 same armor but when I'm at the shop, there's no option to combine. What am I doing wrong?

Also the daily quest doesn't see to be working. I do kill the sea slimes but they don't add up to the total.

2. tennischamp5

tennischamp5 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2012
    Medical Student
    Saint Louis, MO
    If you currently have the item equipped, you won't be able to combine it. Try unequipping it and then combining. Likewise, all items that are to be combined need to be in your inventory. If they're sitting in the 24-hour shop, you won't be able to combine them.

Regarding the daily quest - I can't figure it out either. It says hunt creatures in the High Portal Dungeon, but I'm not sure which one that is. I have three dungeons so far - The free one (which got upgraded from Low Portal to Medium Portal @ Lv 6), the 5 AP cost one (no idea what this one is called), and the 30 AP one (the campaign dungeon).

3. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    The free dungeon worked for me (I also have got to level 6 so it upgraded to Medium for me too), but you do have to kill that exact enemy - I had a quest to kill Gobins, but Gobin Archers etc didn't count.

4. tennischamp5

May 24, 2012
    Medical Student
    Saint Louis, MO
    #44 tennischamp5, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015

Ah thank you! I got it working as well. Somewhere around middle of lv 17 for me, it turned into a High Portal (i dont think it's level based).

Also - anyone have any tips for beating the metal slimes (Lv. 29+)? It's an auto-loss anytime one appears for me. Even with my merc and my fasting hitting gear on, i'm lucky to get it down to 40% hp before it kills us both. And that's if it's alone.

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    There's a sword passive which cuts through enemy defense on a critical. I think it's just your character's passive, but it might be specific to a type of sword. That helps immensely.

Personally I have the stun passive on me and my merc so that's carried me through.

6. FrehleyzComet

FrehleyzComet Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Foreman
    Pennsylvania
    Barcode Kingdom still won't work for my iPhone 6+. When I hit the play button it takes me to a screen of a map. Most of the land is a giant black plus sign. I took a screenshot, but not sure how to post it here.

7. FrehleyzComet

FrehleyzComet Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Foreman
    Pennsylvania
    #47 FrehleyzComet, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
    Never mind. I got it. But yeah, here's what I'm getting when I start the game up. :(

Attached Files:

8. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Nice review! To answer your questions:

1) I currently have a samurai sword +8, I don't have enough gold to upgrade it again, but I will as soon as I can.
    2) As far as rarity, yes there is an R+ (orange color), and I have gotten two S class items (red color), above that I have no idea
    3) I have no idea about items or inventory cap, but I noticed you said your inventory can hold 54?? Right now I can hold 15 items and then it starts going into the savings bank at the shop - how can you hold so many items on your own person? I've upgraded until right now - it costs 174,000 gold to get another slot, and right now I cannot hold more than maybe 15 or so at most!

9. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Just came here to ask about the same thing. It makes it very difficult to even play as I notice some tapabke things are in those black read but you can't see them for obvious reasons. I was enthusiastic about playing this... Now, not so much as I'm not sure I should even bother trying...

10. tennischamp5

May 24, 2012
    Medical Student
    Saint Louis, MO
    Thanks max! Regarding your inventory question, it was fairly expensive. The last upgrade I made I think was somewhere in the mid to high 20s (it was either nearing or in the low millions of gold - mainly from selling gear), after which I made a $10 IAP to jump the last bunch of spots via spending AP potions. The cost gets pretty exhorbitant. I stopped at 54 (haven't bought any more spots since my last post just due to how expensive they are), but I have a buddy that bought the $20 IAP to push his way up to 100 inventory spaces, but the cost from going to 101 from 100 is 193,035,700 coins (or 12 AP potions)... which is more than a little outrageous. Kinda sad really, since there is so much beautiful equipment in the game, and rather than being able to showcase it, we're forced to sell it. Being the collector that I am, definitely a bit of a downer.

I don't know if these devs are listening or have a habit of updating their games but couple suggestions:
    1) A collections section for gear. Much like what's currently available for creatures, something similar would be nice - tracking what gear you've obtained and how high you've leveled it.
    2) The option to unlock a second or third weapon upgrader. It wasn't too bad when equipment took 3m or 21m to upgrade, but I'm at the point where it's taking 25 hours+, and it's absolutely brutal to wait that long while not being able to make anything else (since we have three different weapon types all stuck waiting their turn).
    3) Remove the cheaters on the high score lists. I know this is a problem with nearly every game out there, but for the few that do enjoy looking at the high scores, it's really annoying to see people @ level 2 billion or even 6000 when it's painfully clear that anything past 50ish isn't truly viable this soon after release. There exist devtools since 2011 or so that allow devs to get rid of these cheaters fairly easily, but so few seem to care enough to do so.

My current main gear:
    Sword
    -Samurai Sword+7 (N+) - 90 ATK, 16 SPD w/5% attack speed boost
    -Executioner+7 (N+) - 94 ATK, 10 SPD w/10% fire damage
    Bow
    - Steel Bow+0 (R+) - 21 ATK, 19 SPD
    - Horn Bow+5 (R) - Currently Upgrading
    Staff (Magic seems kinda weak in this game)
    - Rod+1 (R+) - 96 ATK, 7 SPD
    - Skull Wand+4 (N+) - 97 ATK, 9 SPD w/5% attack speed boost
    Armor
    - Chinese Official Robe+6 (N+) - 19 DEF, 3 Weight w/Poison Resist
    Helmet
    - Leader Hair+1 (R) - 20 HP+, 12 Crit w/Stun Resist

11. FRnchFRy

FRnchFRy Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Finally got an S rated item. Got the sword Damascus. 80 dmg and 24 speed (maybe 22, I forgot). It's special is that when you get a crit your speed increases 200%. Dungeons are much easier now lol.

12. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    just got my first S rank weapon :D it's on the slow side but it hits hard.
    and I'm liking the new update with the special moves.

Attached Files:

13. lucia han

lucia han Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Artist (Army Wars Defense, Infect Them All, The lo
    Hello, TA gamers!
    Thank you for all your comments and playing!
    We've released a spin-off of 'Barcode Knight' recently, so we are going to give away some promo codes for the new game to celebrate the launch.
    The game title is 'The King of Triads'.
    Please check the Promo Codes and Contests forum!
    Thanks!