Universal Barcode Kingdom (by Magic Cube)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Godlike. That is great for a first post man. Welcome to TA! Been looking for those 2 units for what seemed like forever.

The arm stat is Stamina and affects your character's ability to keep attacking. It's the blue bar I believe.

2. felixng2014

felixng2014 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Weird my data did not restore. Not a big deal. I made some mistakes anyway so its not bad to restart:/.

3. felixng2014

Mar 26, 2014
    Wow awesome. First S rank posted. Even the S rank can't compare to the godlike power of the gladiator though. Geez that guy is a one man killing machine that can tank anything and one shot anything.

4. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    I found 2 more cool units thanks to HoneyHamGrenade's discovery:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. felixng2014

Mar 26, 2014
    Seems like scanning books isn't too useful. All I get is Rs.

6. felixng2014

Mar 26, 2014
    Call me crazy but I think Magician may be better than Warlock. It attacks more often and has aoe moves. I am going to do more testing. Going to try out ranger too. He seems good with multi attack.

7. HoneyHamGrenade

Mar 26, 2014
    Awesome Echoen!

'S' Warrior-- I needed some tanks. I've found a party of casters can do well if paired with 2 priests-- or a healing pet +priest; barring that, fighters need to soak up some damage. Archers are nearly worthless compared to any of the casters, in my opinion. I haven't stumbled on a 'R+' ranger yet, so I'm interested in their performance.

@felix: books have been hit or miss. I've found a couple of 'R+' casters. Warlocks have been glass-cannons for me; I give them best armor to keep them alive longer (like S armor mentioned near beginning of the thread).

Oh, and add me. IGN: HoneyHamGrenade

8. How are you all dealing with the timers? You seem to be scanning things like crazy, but I run out of AP so fast. Am I missing something here?

9. HoneyHamGrenade

Mar 26, 2014
    No trick to it, AppUnwrapper. Freemiums don't bother me as much as 90% of the forum it seems. I have other games on rotation while timer runs. No rush to level units; power-gaming freemiums is pointless, for reasons stated hundreds of times. Besides, the PvP seems to be down for everyone-- so, another reason to not feel rushed.

In any case, you could continue to play all day if you work the arena, no AP needed; and playing tap-out with the birds on the map give a few AP here and there.

10. But that's the thing. If I minimize the game, the counter stops. It seems to only count down if I'm staring at it. Unless I'm missing something here? I don't mind closing the game and coming back to it, but I refuse to stare at the timer while doing nothing.

Edit: And 1 AP per 3 minutes? There must be a way to speed this up without spending IAPs??

11. felixng2014

Mar 26, 2014
    The timer doesn't stop. Press something and it will refresh. It just didn't update.

12. What do you mean? It continues counting down once I look at it again, but it hasn't budged.

This is what it looks like before I minimize:

[​IMG]

And after a few minutes, I come back and it starts counting down from the same exact spot:

[​IMG]

13. felixng2014

Mar 26, 2014
    Just click on another page like the unit page or map page and it will refresh.

14. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. Maybe it's a bug.

15. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #115 L.Lawliet, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014

Wow I totally missed this! This is great thanks man. Appreciate the work :cool:

WOW S? You are awesome. We've been trying to get any S for a while now. Time to scan it! Thanks man!

16. Danjarus

Danjarus Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    enjoying this game. going crazy scanning bar codes off of anything i can find.

is N the lowest ranking on things?

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #117 L.Lawliet, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    Some tips from my end:

ALWAYS upgrade (unless you have no money or are saving up). I've checked the amounts and it's actually more profitable to upgrade a unit, then sell it, instead of just selling it. You'll definitely gain a good profit.

Timers don't matter too much as I've noticed I barely use AP anymore because I've run out of unit and equip space (which needs to be upgraded along with the castle). So after the first few upgrades, AP isn't much of an issue anymore unless you like to fast travel.

In my experience the best unit is definitely the Gladiator. If you have no Gladiators in your party, expect to die. He dishes out the most power aside from the best mages and has the most HP and DEF. No other class tops him so far. A necessity for the hardest battles.

The best mage in my opinion is the Magician. They attack at a decent rate with also AOE attacks. Warlock's attacks seem to be a bit weaker in general while Wizards are more into status effects. However I think Wizards make good support if you want to fill up a slot. Priests I use in all my big battles as they are a necessity when you believe your units are going to go down quick (though they don't have much health and die quickly). So far I would say the warlock is the worst mage. The S class Warlock that is free for Gamecenter support has almost had no effect on my battles except being cannon fodder.

Rangers are good all around in attacking quickly and multiple enemies. Archers focus on single damage and status effects. If I'm using a wizard I won't put in an archer however I've done a wizard + archer party and I had monsters on fire and poisoned at the same time. It was good. I think both these units are generally very good.

My best setup is 1 Gladiator, 1 Priest, 1 Magician, and 1 support (anything - but generally I will put up a Wizard or Ranger here). Gladiators can sub for anything but I like to have an assortment since Gladiators actually attack slow.

18. felixng2014

Mar 26, 2014
    Is it me or are allies/reinforcements severely nerfed? Every high level R+ ally I brought was fodderized in two blows in the skeleton dungeon. Even my glad ally died in a few hits....

19. Danjarus

Danjarus Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    i got this S staff

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. HoneyHamGrenade

Mar 26, 2014
    As far as Gladiators being overpowered, not so much; I think it's specifically the R+ one found by Echoen earlier in this thread.

Compare stats of that one:

350HP/48Atk/27Def/11Spd/69Sta/41Crt

To one I found earlier today:

177HP/41Atk/36Def/14Spd/73Sta/21Crt

Both are R+ with stats at level 1. I don't think the first scan is a good enough standard to judge the whole class as needing a nerf personally.