Universal Barbearian (by Kimmo Lahtinen)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Aug 14, 2018.

1. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Yeah easy 5 stars. Games of this level don't come to the AppStore often.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW:
    I've now 90% completed the game. I beat the game, found the secret weapon, got the golden statue (or whatever it was called), found some glowing orbs that lit some of the lanterns, and completed all the Master Challenges. I still wonder what I'm missing...

gimblll likes this.
  2. Tomkatgoodbye

Tomkatgoodbye New Member

May 30, 2018
    #122 Tomkatgoodbye, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    Can anyone offer guidance on dealing with the boss in Final Judgment? I ran around killing all his minions for a while but can’t seem to land a hit on him. I thought maybe the point was to get killed and finally let myself die but that didn’t seem to be it, either. What am I missing?

Edit: figured it out. :) but would love tips on how to get completion after “the end”

3. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Lol my comment on this game got deleted ?
    I guess my only choice is to refund it since this Forum work like china forum where the critic got censor or removed

4. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    #124 pathogen541, Sep 2, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    As someone who read your original post, I can say it probably got deleted because of how incredibly rude you were being. There is a difference between criticism and insults. You can criticize someone’s work entirely without calling them “lazy” or using demeaning language.... both are things you did.

Don’t act like a punk and then get butt hurt when your comments are pulled. ON TOP OF THAT: you weren’t offering criticism beyond stating the dev was lazy for not porting the game to your preferred platform. The rest was rambling and you slinging the word “lazy” around like a drunk granny at a Christmas part throws around her cobweb covered snatch. This post of yours bugs me so much because you can’t be RUDE and expect people to be willing to read it/accept it.

KeKhan, Taeles, eugenemcardle and 4 others like this.
  5. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    And your logic is beyond comprehension:
    - You were being rude, called the dev lazy for not porting the game to some niche platforms - which makes no business sense.
    - You now ask for a refund of the game because your comment was deleted from a forum which is completely independent of the game. Again, I fail to see the logic. That isn't being a "critic" as you claim, that's just being dumb.

6. gimblll

gimblll Well-Known Member

Rest assured, I got the chance to read it before it was deleted. You can send further insights to me directly at [email protected] to spare others of your vitriol. If the game was not to your satisfaction, of course feel free to ask for a refund through Apple customer service.

7. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Your dignified response in the face of that shameful tirade speaks volumes.

In other news; your game is fantastic! But I’m pretty sure we knew that already.

Dailon80 and pathogen541 like this.
  8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Guys, ignore henrycupcake. He’s always been like this and certainly isn’t changing for any of us, but that Steam page he so proudly talks about and shows off on his profile here on TA is basically just further proof that no matter where he goes, people feel the same way about him. Take a look at the comments on his Steam profile. ;)

Dailon80 likes this.
  9. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY

Your grammar is terrible. Don't be so LAZY and proof read after writing something.

I found a secret hidden in one of the world hubs. Are there more of those? Nice little find. Acquired the Golden Axe....this game keeps getting better and better. Love the fact that there is strategy involved. You need to try and plot out your attack. If you just go in a slash away, in the later levels, you'll be toast.

10. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    ON THE FLIP.... I have been THOROUGHLY enjoying this game still. All ill say is.....sheep happens.

gimblll likes this.
  11. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Well, the professional response to the rudeness earned a sale from me, off to hit the buy button

Dailon80 and gimblll like this.
  12. twalkabout

twalkabout Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 12, 2008
    Really fun game! Took my over 16h to 100% it. Great job dev!

Attached Files:

gimblll likes this.
  13. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    SPOILERS AHEAD!
    I'm on 93% completion and I'm wondering what I've missed. What I did do:
    - Beat the game
    - Completed the Master Class challenges
    - Beat the sheep boss
    - Found all the lights for the garden memories
    - Found the secret weapon and got the golden statue (the button inside the mountains)

So what am I missing?

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Glad it got deleted, you've been like this since day 1. If a dev doesnt do what you say. e.g another troll comment..

"Still no MFI controller support and iCloud + Apple TV version , everyone should skip on this piece of crap game" (about Titan Quest)

...you just have a hissy fit. Seen this time and time from you, its embarassing. I've got an Apple TV but sadly it hasn't been a huge hit from a game point of view so i dont blame devs for not releasing it on Apple TV.

Theres a way of posting criticism, constructively, not like a little keyboard warrior time and time again. You cant be far away from getting banned as you add nothing. People will listen to you if you dont have a hissy fit. If the devs saw they would make a lot of money by also having an Apple TV version i'm sure they would.

pathogen541 likes this.
  15. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Isn't this game usually $9.99 I am seeing $8.99 in USA store... either way I am buying it now :)
    I was just curious if it was a dollar off

gimblll likes this.
  16. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Thought it was always that price. Worth it at 9.99 though. Such a great experience!

gimblll likes this.
  17. gimblll

Well you're pretty much there, maybe double check that you really got it all? Send me a DM or an e-mail if still stuck and I can go into specifics (I don't want to spoil it all here).

Yeah, it's been $8.99 (and 9.99€) from the start.

18. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    Gimbll.....breh.... can I haz more content plis? Can you show me da wey over these ded memes to the land of increased weapons and item counts? Neh? Yeh? Prehbebleh?

gimblll likes this.
  19. gimblll

AppleTV version is now out and also available as a universal download for all who already own the game. It requires an MFi controller to play.

Unfortunately cloud saves are not supported on this version due to Apple not offering the API I used to implement them on tvOS.

Bantocks likes this.
  20. Legion180

Legion180 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2015
    #140 Legion180, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    What about the replayability of this game? Any endless mode or something after you finish the game for 100%?