Universal Barbearian (by Kimmo Lahtinen)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Aug 14, 2018.

1. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Barbearian (by Kimmo Lahtinen)

[​IMG]

Hijacked to a to strange world. Forced to fight for your life. Discover the secrets of the Arbitrators and find your way back home!

[​IMG]

Barbearian is a fast-paced hack'n'slash with massive battles in a colorful, hand-drawn world.

• 100+ levels full of action and adventure
    • Collect loot, purchase upgrades and experiment with numerous weapons
    • Rescue prisoners and build your own army
    • Encounter colossal boss monsters and take them down
    • Plenty of challenge, not for the easily discouraged!
    [​IMG]

*AppStore
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/barbearian/id1351822099

*Steam
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/813450/Barbearian
    (Review: https://www.pcinvasion.com/barbearian-review-for-pc/)

*Official WebSite :
    http://www.gimblll.com/barbearian/

[​IMG]

2. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Okay. So the application crashes.

I have encountered 2 crashes in 29% of playthrough. Just had a crash in a nail-bitting “The Absorber” boss fight (2nd boss) and I am really annoyed. Boss was at 25% HP and me at 50%. This was my 2nd try after dying the first time.

The device I am using is an iPhone X on FW 11.4.1. I don’t feel like playing anymore because who knows which crucial moment it’ll crash again. Sadly, there’s no way to refund an app anymore on the App Store. Really sucks. :(

3. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I wouldn't jump for a refund that's an issue that likely will be fixed. Have you contacted them with the issue?
    If you contacted them and they didn't care that's different.

4. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio

first awesome game!!! 2nd can you make it so the portals dont suck you in like that after killing a boss , it makes it so you can explore the rest of the map there might even be enemies and loot still remaining and i cant kill or get it cause it sucks you into the portal and is super annoying.

dukat111 likes this.
  5. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    N
    No. I haven’t. I’ll try to. But what my point was I shouldn’t have to. I mean come on, first you purchase a game for a pretty decent price just to get screwed over in a crucial boss fight.

And now, you’re left with 2 options - either risk it again and hope for the best, or contact th devs and wait for an update. Neither of the two are an ideal situation.

6. gimblll

gimblll Well-Known Member

Sorry you are experiencing crashes! I'm trying to reproduce the issues, but I haven't yet succeeded. I'll do what I can but I can't promise a patch very soon, sorry!

There is a way for you to refund. Follow the instructions at for example https://www.imore.com/how-to-get-refund-itunes-app-store or go straight to http://reportaproblem.apple.com/ and ask for a refund, they should always grant it if you explain the issue.

Thanks! The portal mechanic is very much by design. It's intention is to encourage you to play on and not worry about every corner. The design is such also that there is nothing super valuable left in levels anymore when you get to the portal, so there should be little point in going through everything. However, if you still want to strategize when the portal comes, you can spot the last remaining captain by that little purple pulsating circle below them and just leave them be for a while.

spajdr, aconfusedkender and raravan like this.
  7. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    Apologies for the instant demand for a refund. I will not be doing it. I would rather wait for the fix. Yes, I won't deny that it didn't annoy me, but yeah, I overreacted.

And thank you for the quick response and the fact that you are looking into it. That is more than what I can ask for. Sorry again.

8. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    oh come on your not getting screwed over, games have bugs and with a big game like this it happens i also have a i phone x so i may run into the issue, it will get patched at some point. just dont play for a bit till the patch comes out..

question when it crashes how long since you rebooted your phone?

how many apps are opened in the background? maybe close them all but the game

does it still crash after all that?

9. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    The portal system makes total sense to me. It's just like finishing a stage in Bubble Bobble and trying to quickly grab items before you're whisked away to the next level. Perhaps what Barbearian actually needs is something like Bubble Bobble's Skel/Baron Von Blubba so you can't linger indefinitely by just kiting the last boss. ;)

10. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    HOLY FUCKING GAMECHANGER. This app just went from delete to must-play.

Sarcoma and gimblll like this.
  11. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    Yeah. You’re right. I’ll either wait for it or maybe take it a bit slow.

I rebooted the phone maybe 2 days ago. I don’t reboot often. And no apps were open in background.

Still, I’ll try out the reboot thing and check.

At least I managed to take down the 2nd boss on the 3rd attempt. :p

12. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    After you beat the starting island is the next place the huge skeleton head?
    I can't seem to find anything else to do next other than try beating him over and over.

13. gimblll

gimblll Well-Known Member

Oh man, if I would have to choose one game as my favourite game of all time, Bubble Bobble would be it! It's perfect. I had a design for a Baron type of enemy (called it Nemesis) that would enter if you hang around too long, but in the end I decided that it didn't really fit. And you know why there's a giant cake etc. coming from the sky when you reach a certain combo? My personal silly homage to Bubble Bobble. :)

Yes, the next island opens after the skull boss. If it's proving very hard, maybe try a different tactic? There's a few ways you can approach it (but I don't want to spoil it away unless you ask). There's also the Difficulty menu in Accessibility if you want to take it a little more easy.

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  14. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Grind a coupla levels, boost health and minions, go back and try again?

Think it took me a couple of goes. Difficult and a bit frustrating, but well worth pushing through.

15. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Just purchased because of great feed back, but also because of MFI support! I'll always support developers that support MFI!

Wulala likes this.
  16. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    Yay, finally beat the skeleton guy.. was helpful when I realized those plus's were minion summoning energy and not health :)

17. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I'm enjoying this more than I expected to. I have a question. Do you always have to pay the tuber if you die?

18. ictoanen

ictoanen Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    What is the effect of the boxes you can pick up after completing the third mission? I think the guy explained but now I can’t find the info anywhere and am kinda lost on what is what. Is there a FAQ anywhere?

19. dukat111

Mar 23, 2010
    The blue gives you invincibility for the duration of the timer. The other color, I believe green makes you run and attack much faster.
    I'm not sure what the 3rd color does.

20. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Second world. 8+. Gotta be honest, some worlds I’m crashing on *most* starts about every 30-90s.

I make it through sometimes, but... reminds me of the old days of “reset phone, close all open apps, pray for a better outcome”!