Universal Barbearian (by Kimmo Lahtinen)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Aug 14, 2018.

1. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I’d like to know this as well. I’ll be sad if it isn’t.

2. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    It is!

raravan and anthony78 like this.
  3. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Good to hear! I’m buying as soon as it hits the US.

4. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Oh mannnnn no icloud support. Would love to paly it in both devices. Anyway i played 1 hour till now and it is totally worth it!

5. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    If you find it in the US App Store by search, it's already been released. Surprising!

6. gimblll

gimblll Well-Known Member

Developer here. All right, it seems it's out. Have fun!

About iPhone X: Yes, if "optimized for iPhoneX" means that it uses the full screen, then yes it uses the full screen. I probably should've uploaded a separate set of screenshots for iPhoneX and didn't realize it and that's why the screenshots show it as non-full screen.

Let me know what you think and have fun!

7. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    been playing this for a bit and i really like it. the graphics are amazing and the combat is fun but it’s really hard to play on iphone x. the joystick is like so close to the corner of the screen and it’s hard to move correctly.

8. gimblll

Have you tried the control options? You can move the controls wherever you like. Or is there some other problem I don't understand?

9. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Love Drift’n’Drive, so automatic purchase for me!

gimblll likes this.
  10. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    nope that’s what I get for not checking the option menus before I play games. thanks for the great game

gimblll likes this.
  11. Troid

Troid Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    #31 Troid, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    I’m having MAJOR issues with the site and trying to post, but if anyone sees this, Barbearian is pedigree hack ‘n’ slash good fun from an ace developer. You won’t find any triple currencies, coin doublers, advertisements, or any of the other traditional mobile gaming insults hidden beneath the surface. My 40+ hours beta testing the game are a guarantee that your money will be well spent. Get it. Now.

lezrock and gimblll like this.
  12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #32 psj3809, Aug 15, 2018
    Finally got this at midnight. Really good ! Very polished and a lot of fun so far. Some of the text in the tutorial was quite tiny to read when it could have been larger but not a huge issue (EDIT - you can change the size in the settings)

Controls are great, graphics excellent, cant wait to get to later levels. Very impressed, well worth it. Another quality AAA game

gimblll likes this.
  13. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Is this more of a linear experience or is there incentive to replay it after you beat it? (Besides the incentive of it looking awesome)

14. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Mr Dev first of all congrats for the release! Are there any plans for icloud support?

15. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    #35 dukat111, Aug 15, 2018
    Awesome game, loving it! Brings back memories of playing Gauntlet.

My only concern is I'm 10% complete after ~30 minutes. I'd like the experience to last a long time.
    Do later levels get longer?

1. Any chance of additional content/missions/etc in the near future? :)

2. Is there any way to change troop type? For example if I have a 50/50 split of knights & archers and decide I want 75/25 is there any way to convert unit types?

3. There are 2 box drops, 1 gives a temp shield, what is the other one for? I skipped through the explanation by accident.

16. gimblll

It's pretty linear, with some optional content. There's no New Game+ or any other incentives for playing again, but I think the gameplay itself survives repeat plays.

iCloud support is a possibility, but I can't promise anything soon.

Yes, the later levels get longer. But if you're a top player breezing through it I don't know how long I can promise it'll last. :)

1. Depends on how well it sells, I've pretty much given my all for this version so I haven't planned much for the future yet. :)

2. No there's not (for various reasons).

3. There's three at the beginning, they're speed (green), shield (blue) and ball of doom (pink).

lezrock likes this.
  17. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    adin, gimblll and dukat111 like this.
  18. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Been playing as much as I can while working ;)

20 minutes in and I’m so glad I grabbed this, though I was planning on it anyway. The graphics are so beautiful and the gameplay is easy to learn. Nice pacing on the tutorial levels helps keep things moving along at an easily digestible rate. Kimmo L makes really good games - Trigonarium, Drift’nDrive, etc.

I found out you can pause the game by touching in the upper portion of the screen. Thought that might help someone. I’ve had to use it to quit the game so I could get back to work a couple times now. Wondering when the game auto saves and if there’s a visual indicator to let you know. Thanks for creating this gem, @gimblll =)

adin likes this.
  19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah love the graphic style. I just want to 'attack' every tree/item on screen, most games i want to just get from A to B but i'm loving this so much i'm taking my time with it and destroying everything.

Games like this make me LOVE my phone even more ! Bargain at the price. Nice to see a great premier game rather than the usual freemium 28 currencies type of game

Hope the majority support this and buy buy buy

Mr Dev - Please dont do a price drop for a while, there will be people waiting to save a 'dollar' or so but hopefully you can keep it at this price

20. gimblll

Thanks! There's no visual indicator. The game saves when you jump between levels or when you quit through the menu. If you quit the app without quiting through the menu, you will respawn to the beginning of the level you were in.

I can promise there will be no iOS sales at least for a long time. In fact, for example the prices of Drift'n'Drive and Trigonarium have only increased throughout the years, never lowered.

stubbieoz, adin, Collin and 2 others like this.