Universal Banner Saga (by Stoic)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Cg2005

Cg2005 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    DC
    Playing this on 6+ and I can confirm that it does NOT have bars on the side. Wow, this game is gorgeous!

2. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    #42 ImJPaul, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    iPhone support? Not sure how this is gonna work but I'll take the dive for this incredible game. Will post about the bars existence/nonexistence as soon as it downloads.

Edit:this file is HUGE and I'm on my works wifi so I'm not sure how long this is gonna take! Just a heads up.

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Okay bought! I hope this game last me a while because I just used up the rest of my free spending money on it. Now I can't buy anything else for a while :l

4. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Instabought even tough I can only play at night. I just don't understand why on App Store it's not THE Banner Saga.

5. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    I've read in review that the difficulty spike for the final boss is so steep that it is almost impossible if you don't have the right team with you. Does anyone know if the difficulty has been adjusted for the iOS release?

6. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    Yes of course but that's not what I meant. I know it's my problem to not have 7.1 and I will buy the game for sure but not yet. I will wait to the devs changing that or I will upgrade when I can

7. Sanuku where are you !?

8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    OMG! Huge file size! What's the installed size for the ipad? Thanks!

9. bored2death

bored2death Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Should I get this if I already have it on pc? Wondering if it controls better.

10. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Just started and tbh, how it looks on a non-ipad is not good. I appreciate they allowed iphone users to install it but they didn't really do anything to optimize it for the iphone. All the interfaces are ridiculously small and I noticed dialogue buttons are placed in weird spots (probably because they're supposed to be big buttons on an ipad). Looking the stats nearly makes me squint my eyes.

The game looks good but that's still to be determined. As far as the interface goes for iphone, I'm not impressed.

11. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  12. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I'm running 7.1.2 jailbroken. In my case it's for Controllers for All. So you could upgrade from 7.0.

13. Thank you. I'll get this as soon as i can.

14. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    Yes I use that for the dualshock too but now will be hard to upgrade to your version. I think they will change the required firmware.
    I have problems to play fine in my iOS 8 iPhone like Lawliet said.
    I bought card dungeon and I can almost read tutorials in iPhone

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah unfortunately I can't recommend this game to anyone except ipad users and iphone 6+. The interface is pretty much the exact same as the ipad version of it, meaning that the scales are all the same. If you can squint then I think you can handle it. You also need tiny fingers (I have very small fingers and it still bugs me). Oddly some menus were overlapping each other on the tutorial so I had no idea what was going on. I do love the tilting effect but there isn't much else. It definitely could be playable if they rescaled the interface and the text. The gameplay tapping is fine.

I'm NOT saying the game is terrible since I can't judge that but I'll be asking for a refund because it's just too much of a pain for me to try to play this on the iphone 6. But if you can deal with it, don't let this opinion stop you.

16. Of course it's an ipad game. If you don't have one then you have been ####ed.

17. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    My guess is that they made it Universal so it was compatable with the 6+. Yea, it works on other iPhones, but it's probably not ideal.

18. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Same here! Otherwise, I'll probably have to pass. I won't be upgrading my iOS until I get a new phone probably. It's not their responsibility to cater to my specific needs. I'm only one potential sale out of a lot. But the game does look amazing.

19. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    Î've got the same message this morning, "not compatible with ios 7.02". So, i decided to upgrade, and now it works like a charm. I'm a bit afraid of my music apps (the korg ones), and i'm not used to upgrade so quickly, but this game seems really good. I've try an hour, and i like it a lot. It's in french (and other languages), so it's easier to understand.

I'm seduced by the atmosphere, the story about the vikings, and the art.

20. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Finally !! My most awaited game of the year! Insta buy!!every penny worth on this one, and surely one of the best games available on the appstore!