Universal Banner Saga (by Stoic)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Mind, this is from my experience with the PC version... Well, first of all, you can drop the difficulty to easy.

Secondly, unfortunately, for the Bellower you need high armor break ability on as many characters as possible. Max armor break on the 2 archers you are forced to have in this battle and have at least 2 other characters with 4+ armor break. At least one of those should have high armor, too.
    Which is a pity, because you can successfully play all the preceding game by prioritizing strength and special abilities and come to the final fight with "wrongly" promoted characters.
    I mean, the game warns you that armor break is essential, but you can do very well with low values in it until that last fight.

What else? Give Eyvind an artifact that restores Will every turn and have him maintain armor on your melee characters.

Give the silver arrow to Aliette, since Rook is a more robust and powerful character, with a more useful special ability.

Have at least neutral and preferably high morale in the last fight.

Don't kill all of the Bellower's troops before coming to grips with him, since it allows him to attack every second turn.

2. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Thank you so much.. What sucks is only one of my characters has the amor break ability (rook).. I could inflict as many as 8 points using will power.. Haven't used Eyvind in this battle yet.. I thought going in there with muscle (Varl) was the smarter thing to do.. I'm going to use 2 Varl, aliette, rook and Eyvind.. I'll check back in and let you know how I did #

3. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I have been considering getting this for my iPad Mini Retina for awhile now but have been holding off thinking I'd like the Mac version more. Just found the Mac version for 50% off and jumped. :)

Maybe I'll eventually get the iPad version for the iPad should I think I'd ever play it on there too after beating the Mac version.

4. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Beat him!! Used 4 Varl, rook and allete... Used rooks armor breaking ability to weaken most of the opposition and was able to kill 3 enemies in one turn using one of the Varls special abilities.. Where he does a spin attack and damages everyone within his radius.. That basically won me the battle.. Also used Iver's knock back ability on Bellower a few times.. Giving me crucial time and space to eliminate the other dredge..

5. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Very, very nice developer article written on this game by TA. Well done! I really hope this game reaches more audience as it really stands as a game to be experienced. I fear the price is holding back a lot of people but I know that a lot also believe that premium, non-IAP, PC/console quality games are the way to go for our gaming needs on iOS. I haven't even started playing it (still finishing up Baldur's Gate! :p ), but just from this belief alone I already bought the game.

Oh, lets just say that from the first minutes of the game when I started it just to see it in action - I was awe-struck, jaw dropping in the artistic quality and polish of this gem.

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Anyone play this in iPhone 6 plus? Is it decent for being smaller than tablets?

7. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Text might be a bit difficult to read on a phone.. In battle you'll be able to zoom in so i think you'll be fine there.. Awesome game, don't hesitate to buy it :)

8. defunct32

defunct32 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Bought this for my iPod touch 5th Gen, it runs a little sluggish and the game stutters in battles, a bit disappointed but it's a given considering the outdated internal of the touch 5.

Just curious, can anyone tell me how smooth the game runs on the iPad Mini 1, 2 and 3? If we're going for the standard iPad, how well does it run on the minimum iPad?

9. jn2002dk

jn2002dk Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Denmark
    Runs very smooth on the iPad Mini 2

10. defunct32

Jun 25, 2013
    Thank you, I went to read all 29 pages and I have concluded if it's iPad it has to be iPad Air, for the Mini, minimum is Mini 2.

Does anyone knows if there is any difference between Mini 2 and 3? I'm talking about the internal, specs, etc?

The Mini is more suitable for me and I want an iDevice that can run latest or "heavy" games, if there's no difference between 2 and 3 then I can save a bit by getting the Mini 2 instead.

Thanks in advance.

11. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    Get Mini 2, Mini 3 have Fingerprint identity sensor, nothing else is worth mentioning (it have same CPU / GPU, RAM size)

12. defunct32

Jun 25, 2013
    Mucho gracias! I'll get Mini 2 then, it will be a long while since I'm still saving for it ;/... Unless the Mini 4 is out by the time I have saved enough but I doubt I'll take that long.

13. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    So you need at least 1gb free space for this to run smoothly, even on 5s? Finally cleared some games so I'm ready to dive in! Just trying to make sure it will run as well as it can

14. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Get ready, game is freakin epic

15. CaptLudd

CaptLudd Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Ok, i have 10 bucks, do i get this or icewind dale? Decisions.....decisions.....just can not decide.

16. Opheus

Opheus Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Not sure if this is a bug but after the recent update, every time I boot up the game I have to manually turn on sound and subtitles. This has never happened before, kind of annoying.

Anyone encounters the same problem

17. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    The iPad Mini 3 is a joke really. Just check out the full specs here:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/ipad-mini-2-vs-ipad-mini-3-spec-showdown/

I'm sticking with my iPad Mini 2 which I actually prefer in size, I let my kids use the iPad Air because they prefer the extra screen size.

And the iPad Mini 2 is cheaper now, my iPad Mini has a smart case on it anyway so it turns on every time I open it. No need for a touch ID.

18. Revolvix

Revolvix Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2014
    At last! An update to improve the load times which I found hindered gameplay enough that I couldn't have a go at all. My weekend is complete.

19. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    I would say icewind dale for combat gameplay,so many strategy there...banner saga also great btw...and for banner saga Dev, please add SUBTITLES on video/cinemas...and please make the cinemas more smoother on ipad 3 ios 8.1 .... Thanks

20. Wisely

Wisely Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    This game is on discount at $4.99 now...