Universal Banner Saga 2 (by Stoic)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 28, 2016.

1. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    You can play without, but the game is lore heavy. There is a recap video but it doesn't do it justice. I am replaying 1 again just to re familiarize myself with the game mechanics. Your heros availible by default are already renowned enough for promotions.

You will find the the drudge a bit tedious at first..... till you see what the backpacks they carry are. Or at least it was that way for me.

2. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011

I knew I asked a daft question. Between this and Sorcery series, I might get back into iOS gaming again. My gaming time has more or less been dominated with console gaming in the past 2 years (Witcher 3, Dark Souls, Arkham Knight etc etc). Lore is generally the fuel.

3. chubbypillow

chubbypillow Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    NY
    Buy banner saga 1, play it, enjoy it. Then buy banner saga 2. Brilliant game. A cross between oregons trail and final fantasy tactics

4. Bootsy

Bootsy Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2015
    I hated the first one for the same reason. I felt like none of my decisions mattered because characters would just randomly die if I choose something as simple as eating an apple instead of an orange.

Also, the final boss fight was awful. It was way out of scale with the rest of the game.

The first one was one of the least enjoyable games I ever played. It looked really pretty, but was rotten on the inside.

5. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    For some reason it just wont start on my Air2.

6. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Spanish?

The app doesn't support Spanish language but the app description says it includes the Spanish language :(

I feel cheated...

7. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    Can anybody figure out the process for importing a game into the sequel? I just finished #1, and when I launch the new installment I go to new game, then import. At this point it says to choose a saved profile for import, but all the slots are greyed out and unselectable. Is there something special I need to do to prepare my save from the first game for export or something?

8. subgenius

May 30, 2014
    I unfortunately also have a problem with the otherwise awesome survival mode.

After winning a battle you're taken back to the hero roster page, which becomes EXTREMELY slow and unresponsive until the app is restarted. It also has a high chance of crashing. If that wasn't enough, the game appears to be consuming my battle restarts when it recovers from a crash. I'm on battle 6 now, and have already "used" 3 restarts. Definitely a point that needs attention.

9. Amesiu

Amesiu Member

Feb 3, 2016
    The crashing happens to me too. It usually happen before start battle, after i choose characters. I don't think it is consuming my battle restarts in my case though (i will check this later to confirm, this sounds serious bug)I am using the ipad 2 mini retina.

10. subgenius

May 30, 2014
    I'm done with this disaster of a bug fest until they optimize the code and do some iOS testing. Just lost my 2nd survival run due to crashes eating restarts. Made it to 22 flawlessly, but skill doesn't matter when the system is broken.

Also still unable to import a save from the 1st game.

11. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Update is in, hopefully the issues hindering the game have been taking care of..

12. subgenius

May 30, 2014
    Nope, all still there

13. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    #53 Luciano1084, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    That sucks, I'm waiting for the kinks to get sorted out before buying

14. Amesiu

Amesiu Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Hi subgenius, in start screen did you tap new game? I was also wondered how to load my old file before but i couldnt so i just tapped new game and then the option to load my old file is there.

15. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    At Luciano, me too

16. subgenius

May 30, 2014
    I click new game, then import saved game at the top. Next the screen shows a list of 5 profiles to select for import, except they are all greyed out and cannot be selected.

17. subgenius

May 30, 2014
    I'm a little surprised by the lack of activity on this thread for such a high profile game. Has anyone done a successful import?

18. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    It's not that great that's why u should have been here when wayward souls came out that thing needed two forums

19. subgenius

May 30, 2014
    Oh I was here, just didn't care for that one much myself. Never could get too excited about either the gameplay or the character advancement. I am in love with Banner Saga though, just needs some fixes so Incan dig into the sequel.

20. scwiffy

scwiffy Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Everything worked fine in my iPad mini 4. No crashes and imported BS1 data fine.

Amazing game, builds on the 1st, foraging gives clansmen worth and renown feels easier to come by, which makes character progression feel better. Talents open up various builds for characters and there are new characters with more interesting abilities that allow for more tactical approaches