Universal Banner Saga 2 (by Stoic)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Apparently survival mode is not there or not working for me

2. BlackEyedGamer

BlackEyedGamer Active Member

Sep 15, 2016
    It's definitely "there", but I think I found the answer to the personal "why is there IAP here?" - it would appear to be an optional extra, but I have no idea of the cost, or when it'll be available to purchase.

That being said, phenomenal series and one of those games that just makes the jaw drop when you see it both in-game and the sequences pulling the story together.

3. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    If it's anything like its predecessor, despite its sluggish and repetive combat grind, BS1was rich in story, art and voice acting; the later of which, I assume makes this install so large. May sound silly, but I'm not sure I could come up with 3gb of space; atleast not without making some tough choices.

4. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    That answers that, bought the game, getting refund now. Runs terrible on s7 edge, same stuttering jank as the last game.. I recommend holding off to see if they address it

5. BlackEyedGamer

BlackEyedGamer Active Member

Sep 15, 2016
    So, the IAP is, in the UK at least, £0.79 for the survival mode:

"Enjoy unlimited battle challenges with an extended roster of Banner Saga Heroes at your disposal. Try out your best tactics on a series of battles, unlock exclusive new achievements and climb the ranks on the leaderboard!"

6. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
  7. IAP-king

IAP-king Member

Jul 15, 2013
    That price is ridiculously good, but I just played this on my PS4 because I couldn't wait for this mobile port. Thankfully most of the default choices (with no save file) aligned with what I did in the first game. Is it worth a rebuy just to see the slight changes and continue with my actual story?

8. pouffie

pouffie Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Is this the normal price or is it on sale?

9. mengsk

mengsk New Member

Sep 29, 2016
    Anybody stuck on the loading screen? Im using iphone 6+ and it wont get past through the loading screen

10. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Can anyone confirm if this runs well on an iPad mini 2?

11. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    First one was such an awesome game! I've read snorri Turluson's book after playing this, Edda. And after, other books like voluspa, it was a fantastic journey in another time.
    So, this one is an instabuy for me! And it's compatible with my "old" ipad four! Thanks to the devs for this!

12. Amesiu

Amesiu Member

Feb 3, 2016
    #32 Amesiu, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    Sorry for my english^^;
    Im using ipad mini 2. I just finish tutorial but i feel it is very jerky. It is smooth and then suddenly slows down.
    If you play the original banner saga on ipad mini 2 it feels same. When lightning spells or the enemy bombs are used
    It slows down much but it seems to be slowness is cause by sound not graphics(does it make sense?)
    So... not run "very well" on ipad mini 2 but well enough to enjoy the game.
    First game is my favorite but animation and graphics seems to be better here. I feel this is better than the original^^

13. atalkinghamsandwich

atalkinghamsandwich Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2015
    I had this problem, it seems it's waiting for game center to load.

14. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    Gold award from P.C. if you're in doubt...

15. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I guess it shouldn't matter as it seems like a great price but since I have the first one and haven't even played it yet I don't necessarily want to buy the second one yet. But if it is on a launch sake I might just get it and hold it...

16. Amesiu

Amesiu Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Am i doing something wrong?

Hmmm during training session there is some objectives to achieve. When i try to do the objective, the training session end by itself even though i didnt tap "end training" button. For example i have to kill 2 people with ability, after killing them the training session suddenly ends. Am i doing something wrong?:confused:

17. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    I didn't manage to enjoy the first one, because of seemingly unrelated character deaths to your choices. Ex(if i remember along those lines):
    A)Stay and defend
    B)Push onwards
    In one of these choices, the game told you: you are overrun, and "named character" runs to save you but utlimately dies.
    Puf, just like that.
    If the choice was :Send "named Character" to try the impossible odds, it would be fine because you'd KNOW there is a big chance of him dying. But not like, choosing something and out of nowhere a character dies.

Is this scenario repeated in BS2? I read from some reviews that at times it is behaving like a bratty DM, and being a long time D&D player, there is nothing worse for me than this-taking choices out of the players hands -especially ones leading to party character deaths.

18. Amesiu

Amesiu Member

Feb 3, 2016
    I play this 7 hours already, no one of my characters died from my choices yet but i think its only because of luck or experience from first game. I feel it is the same as first game about sudden death of characters. To be honest, i like this style they choose because it encourages more to play other characters and think more how to win with formation and unique abilities and not grinding for super characters.

19. allfunandgames

Dec 30, 2014
    Yep, definitely play the first one. Both are incredible value for money and balance story, action, strategy and DECISIONS that will haunt you. Can't get over the price!

20. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Daft question but is it essential to play the first? I never grabbed it (was always keen). I'm on a 6s+. Got an ipad (4) but don't tend to use it much for gaming.