Bands on ping?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by eyemh8, Sep 7, 2010.

1. eyemh8

eyemh8 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    To stay stupid
    Estes Park co.
    i was wondering if anyone else can find bands that they like on ping. And maybe start a list of sorts. I cant find one band that i like on their, it seems only top 200 pop artist are on their now, hope this changes to more underground bands that is what will be useful it seems, with the big bands you all ready know when their tours are and such. pretty disappointed with ping as it is now.

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I agree with this. Ping is crap where it stands, but I am willing to give it time.

3. AttackOfThePwned

AttackOfThePwned Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Photographer
    San Francisco, CA
    Well from my understanding to be listed in Ping (as an artist) Apple has to invite them to make a Ping profile. So it might be some time before tons of bands are able to get on board (at least the lesser known ones) which is a major drawback currently.

Also I am sure band contracts with record labels might be an issue inside Ping as far as what they can and can't say. And I can't imagine what actually is posted inside Ping would be from the artists themselves. I am sure handlers or managers or the like will run the artist profiles like what you see a majority of the time on other fan sites like MySpace or Facebook (Twitter is a different beast).