Universal Bandit's Shark Showdown! (by Max and Haley LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DolphinFlipJumpSpin, Nov 14, 2015.

?

Typhoon (Battle #3) is too hard or just right

1. Too hard

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Just right

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I second the idea for some sort of indicator where you and the enemy is locatacted off screen. I think having indicator near the border edge would be great.

I came across a bug, I was replaying Scratch with Foster and I picked up a "knock out" powerup and even though Scratch was knocked out, I passed over him several times and I was not able to bite him.

2. DolphinFlipJumpSpin

DolphinFlipJumpSpin Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2014
    Director of Innovative Biomedical Engineering, The
    Agreed - I will tinker with a red dot around the dpad when shark(s) go off screen or edge of screen.

The bug sometimes may happen if you power-bolt him downward. I'll take a look.

3. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Wow, I didn't expect to see this out so soon. Loved the first game.

4. Promit

Promit Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    #24 Promit, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    Hey, I'm the engine/graphics programmer for the game. We really wanted to put together something beautiful for this game, and wanted to get it out there soon for feedback. As a result, a few things didn't make it to launch... like support for some of the older devices and OSes. It's difficult for me to promise right now, but I think I can add the 5S in an update. We're running a little heavy on memory for the older devices - I have some ideas. We are a team of two programmers and an artist, no outsourcing and completely in-house engine. It's a lot to manage but we've got your backs :)

As for the iOS requirement... because we're running Metal on the high end devices, XCode won't let me create a build that targets iOS older than 8.0 while keeping Metal in there. I'm still looking into it.

5. Promit

Promit Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    #25 Promit, Nov 15, 2015
    You on the other hand should be having no issues - all of us are using the 6 as our personal phones. Please PM me, I'd like to try and find the source of the problem.

I should note that we do have expansion in the works. Requests are definitely welcome. MY personal request is challenge modes for all of the levels after you beat them the normal way.

6. DolphinFlipJumpSpin

Apr 14, 2014
    #26 DolphinFlipJumpSpin, Nov 15, 2015
  7. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    So, are there permanent unlockable dolphins or upgrades? I will buy it this afternoon probably when i get back :) Edit (to try it on my new 6s plus :) )

8. schoolhouse spirits

schoolhouse spirits Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Wow I'm excited for this follow up to shark eaters! Take my money! Seems a bit harder then the first game so far. I've lost to typhoon about 20 times now, any tips? I've watched your video ,I try not to button crash, but I am still losing over and over.. Anyone else think the difficulty seems a big high for the average iOS gamer?

Also, I've had about 4 or 5 force quit / crashes while fighting typhoon. I'm using a 6+

9. lboldham

lboldham Member
    Patreon Gold

Nov 14, 2015
    I too am having several force quit/crashes fighting Typhoon. Also using a 6+.

10. DolphinFlipJumpSpin

Apr 14, 2014
    #30 DolphinFlipJumpSpin, Nov 15, 2015
    Update (by tomorrow or tuesday, will fix this). So - I actually checked in the wrong code for the Typhoon battle and it hit me this weekend. It is a VERY hard battle - and is meant to occur after fury.

It IS far easier on iPad because you can see where he is going better.

This is me nailing him on the 6+. I'm revealing his strategy to win - constantly sort of move in figure eights or circles, getting into a kind of groove. So you're motor-reaction times this way get faster. Resist the temptation to dart away.

Promit will address the crashes (he may ask for more info).

11. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    So, I finally got to dig into this game this morning and so far I'm really liking it. I absolutely love the cell shaded cartoony 2-D look of this. The map and even the settings are all hand drawn and look cool.

The controls work great on the iPhone 6 and it plays even better on the IPad with the bigger screen. The animations are what really get me. They look so real when your moving around.

The combat is really good too. Every enemy has their own technique of how to defeat them. Really good job by the dev team. I'm only on the 5th or 6th fight right now, but so far I'm reall liking this one. Every so often it gets tough to find your opponent when they go off screen. That's about the only hiccup I could find so far and it's hardly an issue on the iPad.

I'll leave some more in-depth impressions or a "My 2 Cents" review once I get a little farther or finish the game, but so far I'd say this is definitely worth checking out.

12. lemessie

lemessie Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    I just want to play!!! :( crash all the time!

13. DolphinFlipJumpSpin

Apr 14, 2014
    whats your device again?

14. lemessie

Jan 7, 2015
    IPhone 6 64gb 1.1gb of free space ios 9.1

15. DolphinFlipJumpSpin

Apr 14, 2014
    Have you tried completely deleting and re-installing ?

16. DolphinFlipJumpSpin

Apr 14, 2014
    wow!

holy cow I just saw your vid -

Was this your FIRST run through or did you have to play a few times to get that freakin good ? Also - is this continuous or did you edit it together?

:eek::eek:

17. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #37 redribbon, Nov 15, 2015
    hoho, glad you like the gameplay dev. this one is definitely the best fish frenzy game :D. not just the casual fish eater but also need a skill and different tactic to win. love it.
    okay, to answer your curiosity over my skill, all i have to say is this game is one tough hell on the first play hehehe, so yep, its edited :p
    want to keep playing until the end by tmrw, gotta have to sleep now. keep up the great work dev.

ps. as suspected, the fish movement is unreal, i dont know how you guys did it, it was just amazing to see a fish animation as this good.

18. schoolhouse spirits

schoolhouse spirits Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Perhaps a red tracking arrow on the edges of the screen to show where the shark is offscreen would help?

19. lemessie

Jan 7, 2015
  20. Promit

Promit Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    PM'ed you, but I'm working on it.