Universal Band Stars - (by Halfbrick Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Darklord1011

Darklord1011 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2013
    How does fans and sales cash ratio work in this game?

Got 200,000 Fans, Yet only 60000-70000 sales and 35000 cash.

2. Six Foot Kid

Six Foot Kid Active Member

Jun 14, 2012
    That's a good question and we're definitely paying attention to what's going on here on the old TA. We're still working to balance the game further and we're taking all this on board (including the comments about f2p and pricing/balance). Our players are the most important thing to us and we want everyone to have a positive experience.
    Cheers
    Kimbo

3. Six Foot Kid

Jun 14, 2012
    Absolutely! We're glad you like the game. We've put a lot of love and time into it.
    Cheers
    Kimbo

4. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    #104 TicTac, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    I managed to get Tiffany SNSD? (after auditioning for 3 days) but I just can't complete the mission no matter how many country songs I released. The mission is to get a bonus from the Dusty Boots company which I've definitely done.

EDIT - nvm just saw that it's a known bug.

EDIT2 - can you reduce the price of drinks OR the number of drinks we need to unlock VIP floors? I might buy it if I can unlock all the VIP floors for a reasonable price ($5-10 max.) I've already farmed 50 million coins yet I haven't even unlocked the floor that needs 65 drinks (I have 26 drinks currently).

5. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Hi six foot kid. Glad to see you here on TA. I have not had a response to a support email I sent regarding the $250,000 hot tub I bought but did not receive. I used money I had bought with an IAP so it would be great to know if this can be resolved.

6. Six Foot Kid

Jun 14, 2012
    Hiya.
    Sorry we haven't got to your email yet. We'll get to it soon. Your issue is a known problem and we are working on a fix. We'll definitely ensure you get what you have paid for. Again, apologies and we hope you keep playing Band Stars and future Six Foot Kid and Halfbrick titles!
    Cheers
    Kimbo

7. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Thanks for the reply.

8. Darklord1011

Darklord1011 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Thanks for reply, and upgrades are really expensive in the game, and 35000 doesnt work out really good when you got more than 200,000 fans, and not even half of albums sold.

By the way the album was successful with a smiley one, not yellow or red.
    So i expected more out of it.

In app purchase are lucrative, i may get one, to support you guys as m loving this game, but you should balance the flow of fans and album sales and cash point.

9. Quacko

Quacko New Member

Apr 16, 2012
    So I'm stuck on the same thing, I recognize I need him to rap but I have no idea how to make him rap.

10. mscanlon

mscanlon New Member

Sep 5, 2012
    How do you unlock the "Perform Alien Experiments" training option. It says I need to sped $640k on an audition, but the option for an audition at that price does not exist for me.

11. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    I believe the genre for rap is trip hop.

12. Six Foot Kid

Jun 14, 2012
    Hey. A few people are stuck on this issue so you are not alone. We'll try to make it more clear in the coming update.

You need to choose a genre that has a rapping in it.

Gangsta Rap
    Hip Hop
    Trip Hop

Then you have to assign the rapper icon to Tiny Huge for 3 songs in a row!

See the attached image.

Cheers
    Kimbo

Attached Files:

13. Six Foot Kid

Jun 14, 2012
    Hi

I'm pretty sure there's a bug with the training unlocks that will be fixed in the coming update. If you audition using the world wide campaign audition type, this should unlock Alien experiments.

Also some users have reported that they can use training types before unlocking them. Try this! You might be one of the lucky ones that have uncovered this favorable bug!

Cheers
    Kimbo

14. Ethereal87

Ethereal87 Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Not sure if this was brought up or not, but I'm noticing that energy drinks are taken away regularly. It usually happens when I complete a set of challenges for a band member. Their last challenge will reward a drink, then you receive one for completing the set. The total updates to n+2, but within a minute or so, it will go down to n+1 without spending anything. I do have pictures documenting the change.

If it's a bug, that's frustrating because drinks are the hardest currency to earn. If I'm losing money or the other currency, I don't think I notice it. The energy drinks one hits hard though.

15. Chalk1e

Chalk1e New Member

Dec 12, 2013
    I've tried this audition type but no luck in unlocking Alien Experiments.

16. Sternstunden

Sternstunden Member

Dec 3, 2013
    #116 Sternstunden, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    First of all, I want so say that I like this Game very much! I Love the style, the music, the characters...almost everything.
    I have no problem with waiting for Energy to refill but I just hit such a massive paywall that its just a gamebreaker for me.

To fulfill any of my challenges, I need to buy a new VIP-Stage, which is 96 (!) Energy drinks. I never used any of the ones I earned through producing Hits or completing challenges (other when a challenge demanded so - "give wendy 10 Energy Drinks"), but right now I have 4 left.
    That means I have to earn 92 drinks just by producing songs and hoping for a Hit. If maybe every 7th song is a hit, that would mean I have to produce around 650 (!) songs, just to unlock the new VIP-Stage while making no progress in the Game.

Sure I would earn a lot of money - but I dont need any as I already own everything you can buy ingame, have almost every character maxed out and have around 30million spare.

So as long as it is not possible to earn Energy Drinks regularly (or buy a VIP-Stage with Gold) the game is dead for me. Which is an absolute pity since I enjoyed it very, very much.

Maybe making every global number 1 Song a hit would be a solution, but in my case that would stil mean producing 92 Songs while using a lot inspirando on Soli...so I guess I just have to wait for an update and hope for the best.

Btw. : First post :)

..edit..

I think it would be best, if it was possible to buy Energy Drinks with gold. Maybe 5mio for a sixpack?! It should be quite expensive, as the developers want to earn money (which they totally deserve,), but I feel it should still be possible

17. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    ^ you articulated the problems I have with this game very well. I have more gold than I will ever need and I'm just stuck with not even unlocking the 3rd floor because of the lack of drinks. I'm hoping the update will make it more balanced, either by reducing the number of drinks needed to unlock floors or give us a IAP option to unlock allfloors ($5-10) or even allow us to trade gold for drinks.

18. Anilones

Anilones Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    The premium bands include a VIP floor which I assume is automatically occupied, but does the price of the next floor increase?

19. StratAll

StratAll Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Still fan of the game and I lumber on even tough my first challenge is still bugged (see earlier post about the release a country song that fails to trigger).

The game has been likened to Kairosoft games and sure it has a similar concept and way better graphics but one thing is missing from this game that severly limits replayability : it's a play once game.

So to the developers, could you also introduce a replay mode where you can start over, hire members again (which receive some carry over stats as bonus from an earlier playthrough) and end the game after x years of y songs recorded.

Now I see myself continuing till I get that global number one hit, but then I'll lose interest real fast...

20. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    It does not increase. I bought the monster pack and still needed 65 drinks to unlock the next floor.