Universal Banana Kong - (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 23, 2013.

1. neilw711

neilw711 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2012
    App Developer
    Virginia, USA
    This is my favorite endless runner game now! Great job on this one! It reminds me so much of Donkey Kong. I was a master at that game :cool:

2. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Rate the game = 500 coins for the magnet.
    Sign in TapJoy = 1050 coins for the rainbow banana.
    Other really easy stuff = ~100 coins.

So there you have a good jump start :)

3. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Excellent game!!! Really enjoying:)

4. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Thanks, pal! It doesn't rely too heavily on IAPs, does it?

5. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I remember Woolworths! That brings back memories itself! :D

6. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    Not really grindy... I did all those TapJoy things and rated, then I had to reinstall the game, started from the beginning again and within an hour I got everything back without IAP and without that help, so if you played Ski Safari earlier versions you will feel at home here... and doing some of those easy things will give will you a good early head start and then you are set to enjoy it more :D

7. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    #67 TheFrost, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    +++1

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Huyes!

9. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Alright, guys! I just realized I got one buck left in my account! And looks like it's going to Banana Kong!

Can't have enough Endless Runners! :p

10. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Alright, just played a couple runs, and I'm already digging it. The graphics, sound, everything just clicks. It's one of those games that oozes polishs and just feels great.

My only gripe would probably be the swipes. They're good, but I tend to prefer buttons. Personal preference, but if an option for all buttons would be added, I'd be a happy child.

But otherwise, great game, can't wait to delve deeper into it! :D

11. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

Awesome! Welcome to the Bananas club, ninjackid :)

12. Gamaga_Rod

Gamaga_Rod Member

Jul 19, 2012
    OMG! So much good feedback!

Thank you so much, guys! I hope you enjoy the game as much as we do. We worked so hard with FDG on this one.

Thank you again and keep posting! :)

Rod
    General Manager
    GAMAGA, LTD.

@RodContreras

13. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    #73 Bytebrain, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    Hmm.. Now I've gotta buy Stylish Sprint to see what you're on about here.. :D

I can where you're coming from, the stuff that annoys you, I just don't have issues with, my only issue is the swipe action is way too sensitive.

I've tried just moving my finger one millimeter after jumping, and Donkey made an immediate downward slam, and I've had it happen unintentionally many times.

I haven't had the issue you mention with the rope followed by a block, I guess it's rare, but when it happens it must be annoying. I've had rainbow bananas between blocks multiple times though, I guess it's the nature of random object placement.

Falling tree out of nowhere? Haven't seen that either. It usually catches up to me over a period of time, usually plenty of time to collect enough bananas to make a dash.

I hope you're going to get more joy out of this game, I'm of to try out Stylish Sprint next, (thanks for the recommendation), though I'm certain I'm gonna spend a lot more time with this game. :)

EDIT: Dang! Stylish Sprint is iPhone only. I hate that..
    Going to buy it anyway on your recommendation.:)

14. stinkjeff

stinkjeff Member

Jan 16, 2013
    This looks great! Can't wait to download it :)

15. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Game Impressions

I am really impressed by just about everything involved in this game. In particular, the balance and challenge level, the graphics, the sounds, the nice Game Center implementation, the signposts when you pass other players' best distances, and the control scheme and implementation. I guess the only thing I could ask for would be a bit more variety in the scenery, but that is a bit greedy for as inexpensive of a game as this.

It is an easy decision to give this a score of 5 of 5.

16. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Also, SP does not have wide screen support either btw! It's a 2 or 3 years old game...
    Hope you enjoy it anyway! I played this game for sooooo long! With the iPhone5, I get frustrated as I sometimes push the black area instead of the button...

As for the tree, I meant the rolling trunk.
    Which from time to time is just impossible to avoid as it falls on you out of nowhere.

The rope followed by a block happens quite often for me. I could avoid it though if I don't swipe to recollect my bananas and fill up my dash bar...

But anyway, BK is enjoyable, I like the atmosphere so it will certainly be one of those game I come back to from time to time!

A platformer version out of it will be great btw!!

17. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    The trunk always gets me too, has its sights on King for sure, always appearing at the right time... But the other one, never ecountered a block after a liana, and I played quite a bit. I think Banana Kong is very balanced overall. :)

18. TRS-80

TRS-80 Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Northeastern U.S.
    Just purchased it.
    Excellent game.
    The animations are beautiful.
    Music and sound effects are great.
    Good luck with your game, hope it does really well for you. :)

19. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    I agree with most here about being very impressed with this game in just about every way. The art and animations are excellent, the character has personality and controls excellent. Some of the missions seem a little difficult until I power up Kong more but it does not feel like a grind collecting bananas because the gameplay is intrinsically enjoyable. This is an excellent example of a runner/platformer done right and is perfectly suited for casual play on the iphone. My thanks to the developers for their efforts and creativity.

20. Ditto and looks nice on hdmi tv.