Universal Banana Kong - (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

No it doesn't. Don't hit the update button too soon otherwise the App Store could still offer the old 1.04. Well, now by the time of my response it should be safe. You can check if you've got the right version by checking credits (options->credits) for version number 1.1.1 or simply if you've got an iCloud button in the options.

We contact everyone later today with more info.

Thanks

2. Well, guess I was one of the lucky ones to lose all my coins again. Sigh...

3. Future777

Patreon Studio

#303 Future777, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
    With the new version 1.1.1 ? Did you check version number? That'd be very strange.
    Since the time we released 1.1.1 we didn't receive any more data loss complaints by email. (so far)

4. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I actually was able to get the Ride boar 50 times before the update. It unlocked at 94 rides. With the update, I only have the last mission to do-the 5 banana blocks one. That's the hardest out of all the others put together lol. After that I'll have all missions and achievements completed.

The bad part is that I lost first place by a few thousand meters, so I'll be working on that next lol.

5. Future777

Patreon Studio

That's awesome! And with the next update, we'll throw some new missions at you! :)

6. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Big shout out to the devs who went above and beyond to compensate those who lost data. I could not be happier and I will forever be supporting your future games. Not many devs would do what you have done and its what makes the iOS gaming community so great. Thanks FDG

7. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Two thumbs up! lol.

8. Future777

Patreon Studio

NP Thank you for your continued support! :)

9. marco76

marco76 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Verona - Italy
    Hi guys I have received your email support thankkk you I m trying your new update

10. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Has anyone here been able to get the 5 banana blocks in the cave mission completed? I'm so frustrated lol. I literally wanted to take a shotgun to my phone lol.

My wife said I looked like a 10 year old playing Super Mario Bros. losing a lot of lives and throwing a controller lol. She made me take a break lmbo.

11. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Before I lost my data I was working on that mission, it's impossible I couldn't do it!

12. Future777

Patreon Studio

The mission is possible. There is a way which makes things a bit easier

- Use a 500m boost
    - use full power bar
    - enter the first cave entrance that appears after 500m

Why 500m? The banana blocks appear more frequently at a certain distance.
    With the 500m boost you run slower than normally at 500m

Some Banana Blocks appear below your kong with little space between the kong and the block. You can reach it by glide-dropping and power dash.

Be sure to focus on collecting as many bananas as possible to have your boost ready when a banana block appears.

But I have to admit: This mission is hardcore hard :D

13. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    #313 F34R, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
    I usually get it right away, around the 120-300m mark. I don't have any problems getting 3-4 blocks, but once you're going at 1500+m speed, it gets tricky lol. I'll take those tips and try it now.

EDIT~~~

Ok, barely 12 mins later, 4 games... and I DID IT!!!! Thanks for the tip. I was super lucky and was able to get a magnet right inside the cave, and I played it very well. A few close calls, and a revive after 4 blocks did it for me!!! Awesome freakin' game!!

[​IMG]

14. Future777

Patreon Studio

Woow! :eek: Congratulations! King of the Jungle indeed! :)

15. Since on 1.1.1, should be ok I figure. Anyway, got your email and responded, and thanks, the problem is resolved for me. Anyway, look forward to playing the game some more. Icloud is cool cause now I can play on my iphone with the same progress. The game actually plays better on my iphone probably. Thanks.

16. marco76

Jun 5, 2010
    Verona - Italy
    Hi guys where i can find others tips?

17. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Any area in particular you're needing help on?

18. marco76

Jun 5, 2010
    Verona - Italy
    Nope I d like only to gain more points banana and aldo a tip to have a slow race during the game.

19. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    You're best bet is to focus upgrading the banana and magnet power ups first so you earn lots of bananas. you can't slow the kong down but you can avoid obstacles by keeping a power dash on hand and try to reach the tree tops as much as possible.

20. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    My thoughts would be...
    Upgrade the toucan and glide first. Those will give you the most bananas and distance help. After that I'd go with magnet and Rainbow bananas. The giraffe isn't necessary for distance or bananas, but you'll need him at lvl3 to be able to complete a mission and eventually the achievement.

Slowing down isn't that available, but you can do it momentarily a decent amount of times. When you run through a web or barrel, it'll slow you down for a second.

Learning the way the course layout sections are while they are coming at you is a blessing. You'll know when you can get certain things when they appear, like rainbow bananas or magnets, and you'll know when not to go for them because they'll cause you to die.