Universal Banana Kong 2 (by FDG Mobile Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 12, 2022.

1. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    @Anotherkellydown I‘m on it. Seeing your name after every run bothers me too :D But I‘m not a huge fan of these revives. Did you manage to get 4300m without reviving? That’s impressive

Devs, is it possible to add a separate leaderboard for runs without using revives?

2. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I bought a revive when I first started playing but as soon as I realized how important it is to save the Kong Coins I quit buying them. No revives on that score. :)

3. Anotherkellydown

Finished the very first weekly event!
    DB90CCF6-F5D9-4ABA-82B3-57A843E02360.jpeg

4. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

Awesome congrats on finishing the first event! BTW: great distance records already! :)
    We're currently working on V1.1, it should release sometime in August. Separate leaderboard to exclude revives are not planned atm but I'll think about your suggestion a bit. Among other things the next update will also include a new item for the Totem and we change it so that the Totem appears at 500m as level 1 unlock already. Level 3 will place an additional one in the first 100m. Should be more fun even during short runs and for beginners.

5. Anotherkellydown

Sounds great! I’ll be looking forward to the update :)

6. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Still keeping an eye out for a lower priced ad removal option for those of us who don’t want all the other bells and whistles. Will stick with the first game for now.

Future777 likes this.
  7. Future777

Patreon Studio

Yep we'll have VIP Lite Option in 1.1 which only removes the forced ads but keeps the optional reward-ads in the game.
    The VIP Premium gets more value added with instant mission reshuffle option, which requires a reward-ad view for other users.

decript likes this.
  8. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Well I guess that’s it. By some miracle I managed to get 9600meters (no revives) by just staying under water, power dash as soon as the croc comes close. What a ride, there is no way I‘ll beat that again. Although it felt a bit like cheating playing under water for the entire time :D

Future777 and Anotherkellydown like this.
  9. Anotherkellydown

I noticed that about the water too. I was planning on trying that but now I really have to :D

Edit: Just like that I’ve almost doubled my score: 8,410
    Edit 2: 14,599 M - I’m 20th out of 98,923 players :eek:

Future777 likes this.
  10. Future777

Patreon Studio

Here's a preview for the upcoming Update 1.1.1 (ETA sometime in August):
    - New Hats and Parachutes
    - 30+ new missions
    - new Totem item
    - updated Totem level features to 500m once, every 500m, first one at 100m distance
    - increased fall speed for jumps to improve movement dynamic
    - new VIP lite purchase to remove forced Ads only + 300 Kong Coins ($4.99)
    - Increased the chance for warps that fit the current one-run mission (warps=submarine, cannon etc.).
    - Extended mission options: play again later (reshuffle) for a reward ad or instant via VIP Premium.
    - Experimental: Check # of current players online. Info on title screen.
    - swap Retro DJ pin sound fx from the remade "bananaa" to the original bananaa sfx from BK1
    - increased chance for golden balloons during the snake rides
    - revive heart price goes down to 50 Kong Coins
    - new daily event missions need to be actively launched, the standard endless run mode remains default after starting the game.

11. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    New update has come and "VIP lite" purchasing option has been added.

I'm investigating about this though

12. Future777

Patreon Studio

Yep the first bigger update is out. We have a lot more interesting stuff to be added to the game please stay tuned :) Thanks for your support everyone!

Anotherkellydown likes this.