iPad BallsEye!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by vopt, Oct 1, 2008.

1. vopt

vopt Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Hi all,

Hope I'm not breaking a rule, but I didn't see one against pitching my new game BallsEye. It's a fun little game/simulation, and I haven't seen another one like it for iPhone. Please check it out, and if you like it spread the word! Feature suggestions welcome.

Thanks for your time.

Dave
    http://arfsoftware.com

2. vandy1997

vandy1997 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2008
    NJ
    Not at all. We have quite a few developers who post here. I am not one, but I enjoy great apps.

3. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    [app store link]

Looks like a good concept. I think the presentation is a little off though, and only 8 levels? I think at least 20 is a good minimum amount for a puzzler... and most puzzlers I've seen have at least that, some even have unlimited (randomly generated) puzzles. :)

It's a good price point, sure, just needs some more work. ;)

4. vopt

vopt Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2008
    More levels are on the way, and of course folks who have already bought it will get the free upgrade. Thanks for the feedback!

Dave

5. dudehuge

dudehuge Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    ballseye. . .tee hee

6. vopt

vopt Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Ballseye!

yeah, that's what my wife said.

7. mek

mek Well-Known Member

i'd like to see a video before i make a decision to buy, just to see what the game looks like in action

thanks

8. mek

mek Well-Known Member

or a lite version, like 3 levels to play with

9. vopt

vopt Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2008
    BallsEye 1.0 is Free!

Hi folks,

I've taken your suggestions, and there is a new version in the works with more levels, moving targets, easy/hard modes, and internet scoring!

In the meantime, version 1.0 is available for FREE! Until I change my mind :) Enjoy, and please feel free to add your reviews.

Cheers
    Dave
    arfsoftware.com

10. vopt

vopt Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2008
    ps

It may take a little while for iTunes to apply the new pricing.

11. sirisaacx

sirisaacx Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2008
    It's showing it free for me right now.

12. stephennn

stephennn Member

Sep 29, 2008
    I just checked it out. The physics are actually really nice. It's fun just playing with the balls, bouncing them off of eachother (hee hee).

The backgrounds need a lot of work, they look really low res and a bit like drawing random things in photoshop and playing with the effects. Sort of detracts from the experience. I think Even super simple nice looking solid color backgrounds would look better.

Beyond that, it is a fun game and works well. But as others have said, it does need a lot more levels. If you could find a way to randomly generate the holes into different areas/different colors, it would make the game infinately (quite literaly!) better. The game Mouse About has a really nice way of doing this, where the levels randomly generate, but the difficulty progresses in sets of "worlds". So in the first world it auto generates "easy levels", second world "medium levels", etc. It's a really nice way to keep things fresh and at the same time keep a sense of progression.

So in your case you might want, say level 1-level3 generate three holes in random locations. Level 4-8 generates a combo of three holes with seperate colors for each hole and four hole levels. Level 8-12 generate 5 hole levels and levels with four holes that are all different colors. etc, etc.

Oh, and a counting down timer would give the game more of a purpose. Give a certain amount of time for each type of level set and a set amount of lives.

This could be the progression mode.

Your personally created patterns with no time limit and no lives could then be the puzzle mode.

And then you could have a mode with a timer counting down in each level and lives that randomly generates from all sets of levels that has no end that would be the infinate mode.

I think those things could make this a very soild .99-1.99 app.

It's a fun demo to play with as is, and I'm looking forward to the updates!

13. vopt

vopt Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2008
  14. vopt

vopt Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2008
    BallsEye 2.0 Now out

It has passed the review process and is now available. Enjoy!