Out Now Ballistic Baseball (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    [​IMG]

2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
  3. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I imagine it must’ve been really difficult for Gameloft to release a game without a single IAP. That’s probably the only reason why company this big would go for an investment from Apple. And I thought the Apple Arcade was all about helping indie developers in the first place. How does Gameloft fit into this?

Well, financial investment theories aside, for me as a European baseball lacks any appeal or excitement whatsoever. Mostly because I don’t fully understand it I guess. I’m familiar with the rules. I know what’s happening on the field and why. It just doesn’t interest me that much. That being said, this game’s looks really nice. Presentation is great, but why wouldn’t it be? It has full narrative commentary, beautiful visuals and sounds, licensed music. Gameplay is smooth. The only problem is, it’s just baseball. So, yeah. Whatever.

I played two full games, unlocked a couple of achievements. Hit a few home runs as a batter and scored a few strikeouts as a pitcher. It was ok. Just nothing I’d be looking forward to get back to. But for an American I assume this is going to be a lot of fun. I’m just not the right demographics, that’s all.

Captain Morgan likes this.
  4. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm not sure where you'd get that Apple Arcade is supposed to be all indie developers with the likes of SEGA, Konami, Ubisoft, Capcom, Square Enix, etc all having games on the service.

5. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Boardumb I don't know to be honest. I was under impression that's what Apple Arcade is all about. To find new, original titles, to bring premium content. Something fresh. In return for financing the development. I guess the indie stuff is something I picked up along the lines. Because, why would big companies needed financial aid in any way? I guess I was wrong about it. But it doesn't matter what I thought really. My impressions about the game would be the same nevertheless. That's what this thread is all about.

6. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Trauma Nurse
    Phoenix
    Even though I am not that much into baseball game, I am installing to actually play a Gameloft game without iap!