iPad Ball slam Fantasy (another Brick Breaker) $2.99

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Stykman, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    Link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=306586656&mt=8

This is a new brick breaker game from Typhon mobile

Ball Slam Fantasy, an arcade game based on classic 80’s Brick Breaker titles, taking the genre one step further. Ball Slam Fantasy tells the story of a magical ball that is trapped inside a galaxy comprised of five different spellbound fantasy worlds!

Equipped with a blockbusting ball and pad to begin with, your aim is to tour the five worlds and destroy the bricks that form elaborate structures on each screen.

Collect all the power−up bonuses along the way. As your skills get better and better, your scores will improve, instantly unlocking new, hi-tech pads. Each pad has a multitude of power-ups – as well as their own unique attributes.

There are 75 different levels to complete before completing the game in Adventure Mode. Once Adventure Mode has been completed, two new game modes, Quick Play and Count Down modes become available.

Features:

- 5 different pads available with their own unique features

- An array of special power ups

- Dazzling brick animated formations

- 5 fantastical animated worlds to play

- 4 Game different game modes

- A fully featured sound track.

- Uses the Accelerometer

[​IMG]

2. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Accelerometer conrols? Ehhh...pass. 3D Brick Breaker Revolution offers so much more for the same price as this one. Looks interesting though, never seen a brick breaker with chickens and street lights :p

3. DieseliPhone

DieseliPhone Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    I'm not a brick breaker fan, but the screenshots look really nice. Now? I want to see this in motion before I pull the trigger.

4. DieseliPhone

Feb 13, 2009
    Doesn't seem to be alot of discussion on this one. The screens look like this is pretty unique. Has anyone actually played it yet?

5. DieseliPhone

Feb 13, 2009
    Wow - undiscovered & awsome

Man - lots of talk here - it's my third post in a row on this thread, BUT - good news : I decided to pick this one up, AND it is SUPER.

Yes - Accelerometer controls, but also touch option w/ a nice area to slide your thumb or finger that doesn't hide your view.

This game is played VERTICALLY which really works well for all of the action.

I am not generally a Brick Breaker Fan, but this one is loads of fun. This thing just oozes character in the way the board animates. Individual bricks actually animate, too, and their expresions will change as they are about to be destroyed.

The game offers a nice range of power-ups, including : Multi-Ball, Shield, Cannon, paddle stretch.

Power-downs are also present and try to give you grief if accidentally collected.

Nice Music, Nice Sound, Tons of Character, dare I say it, "The Peggle of Brick Breakers!!" I don't generally go for BB games, but this one has won me over - give it a try. Worth the $2.99!!!

6. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    It is almost worth the price just for the name. :D

7. Rexinator

Rexinator Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Haha me either!

8. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    I have this as well, and I will post thoughts later. One thing that hasn't been talked about is the use of unlockables in the game (different pads...as an example).

9. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  10. zvnthynn

zvnthynn Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Ball Slam Fantasy - $2.99

thank god i bought magic ball 2 instead of this (was choosing between the two). i just saved $2!

link to game
    link to forum thread

11. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Interesting... It is my fantasy to slam my balls on various objects. Mayhaps I'll try it out.

12. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Just DLed it. Surprised to see it free. Must be temporary

13. zvnthynn

Mar 1, 2009
    yes. it says in the app store that it's a promotion. i decided too late to add it in the title. maybe one of the mods can add it?

14. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    All 5 star reviews. Graphics look sweet, looks polished...MINT!

15. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    I feel sorry for you. Magic ball two coud be good, if it weren't tilt control. The tilt control is awful, you should have gotten 3D Revolution.

16. zvnthynn

Mar 1, 2009
    #16 zvnthynn, May 2, 2009
    Last edited: May 2, 2009
    but i already have that. :) i also have magic blackboard and block breaker deluxe 2 (which is my favorite among all of them).

i have a problem, i know. :p

edited to add:
    how could i forget reflexion? i also have that and it ties with bbd2 for my favorite!

17. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    this is one of those games i nabbed in a sale and hadnt played much, was reminded it was on ma iphone during a recent update so went back for a quick game ..

its incredible!! sure its 'just' another breakout clone but its done so so well. really polished, they improved the controls which now feel as smooth as silk. has superb cute stylee visuals, tonnes of power ups and nice ole audio!

really do recommend this, best breakout clone ive ever played :)

18. jonas

jonas Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Pölbitz
    i cannot complain cause i got it for free. and i really love the space music

19. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    It's an alright game, I also got it for free a couple months ago. I don't really like the timer though, thats the only thing.

20. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    The title makes me wince:eek: